Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

father's side-effect from covid-vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dad is getting his second dose next week. I've booked his appointment and will take him to the site and observe his reaction to this second dose. By the end of the month I'll be booking my first shot if my dad is in good health by that time. I've always intended to give this a rest for 30 days before booking another appointment. Again, no family member on either my mother's side or father's side had any side-effects (except my Aunt who had a mild stroke but she ain't blaming the vaccine and plans a second shot).

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dad is getting his second dose next week. I've booked his appointment and will take him to the site and observe his reaction to this second dose.
Be aware most people have stronger side effects with their second dose. It's simply your immune system reacting. The day of my second dose I felt fine, the next day I was very fatigued with minor chills. I think I took about six naps, but I got all my business done. The day after that I felt great, probably better than I have in my entire life, no further reaction.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be aware most people have stronger side effects with their second dose. It's simply your immune system reacting. The day of my second dose I felt fine, the next day I was very fatigued with minor chills. I think I took about six naps, but I got all my business done. The day after that I felt great, probably better than I have in my entire life, no further reaction.
My second Pfizer shot I had afternoon fatigue. I took a nap. Sore arm for two days.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My second Pfizer shot I had afternoon fatigue. I took a nap. Sore arm for two days.
I had the Moderna. Yeah, I had the sore arm for a few days too. With the first one I had like a red hardened area at the site, kind of odd. Never had anything like that with the flu vaccine (that should please some of the more paranoid among you).

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won’t be believing you since anecdotes aren’t facts
The reason for vaccine hesitancy is because of anecdotal claims all over the place. If I just looked at the stats on paper then there would not be hesitancy as its all much less than decimental percentage points of a serious adverse reaction.

Just the other day I bought an Occulus Quest 2. (Things suck with the virus, vaccine and boring work from home training, etc.... so I just got it) There is a documented 1:4000 chance of getting seizures from using the device but I dont think twice about it. Its probably more likely go develop seizures from using this device than getting a vaccine but yet I am comfortable with it.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason for vaccine hesitancy is because of anecdotal claims all over the place. If I just looked at the stats on paper then there would not be hesitancy as its all much less than decimental percentage points of a serious adverse reaction.

Just the other day I bought an Occulus Quest 2. (Things suck with the virus, vaccine and boring work from home training, etc.... so I just got it) There is a documented 1:4000 chance of getting seizures from using the device but I dont think twice about it. Its probably more likely go develop seizures from using this device than getting a vaccine but yet I am comfortable with it.
Yeah I was just making the point that if anecdotes aren’t facts (like he said) then he can’t expect anyone to believe his anecdotes or take them as facts.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have some interesting data how the rest of the country had these things produced. 2015 California had a law approved against bible believers. So with a mandatory law in 2015 is possible how the rest of the country was negatively impacted. To get this force the rest of the country to follow californian lawmaker in 2015. Leaving Mandatory vaccines in place is a business opportunity to an old manufacturer like pfizer. So the Donald most likely not noticing labeling pandemic creating a demand. May have made something innocent as the 12 million deaths last year. Leave it to the media to make a situation in india worse than it is. Consider also we are %140 lest likely to meet a woman today. As compared to a few years ago where it was more like 2 out of 10 that you would meet a woman. So leave it to someone like Fauci to show up and claim %99 deaths in june. When in reality the %140 that people in general may also just not talk to you in the street. Heck just be a news reporter and add the young and certain members of society just outright die. Like Anthony Kraft 68 dead, uncertain on mortuary report yet he made his money from Captain America novels" franchise. In retrospect...

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Occulus Quest 2 has some side-effects...not used to VR. Had a leg twitch, unable to sleep, saw my camera feed on a zoom meeting and I didn't feel a connection with myself and felt I was just looking at people including myself. Just used this device for about an hour or two to try and figure out some apps. Was in this desert dwelling, the netflix app was inside a cottage on a mountain with a large screen, the amazon prime app was in a movie-theatre, and when you do full screen youtube, it fills the viewing area (even in 2d) and comes like a large curved screen.

Still feeling a big of a hangover today, like a sea-sickness of sorts. Not as bad as some other experiences I've had before, but have slugged a coffee to hopefully keep me more functional today.

Well, I wonder what type of side-effects I'm expecting from the vaccine again if I'm already feeling weird after using this device? Well, the vaccine is worst since it can potentially kill you I guess, but again, that may not happen to me, as it hasn't to most people who took it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like vaccine hesitancy is creeping into my dad too. He's asked me to reschedule the second-dose after my mother has harassed him about worrying about that second shot, and I've seen some swelling in his legs this morning, and it appears he's caved in and has cold-feet about doing it today. I asked for his health-card in order to change the vaccine appointment time and I'm not sure if that wedged that decision. I just don't want to be blamed if he gets a heart-attack after taking the second dose if I'm seeing that he has symptoms of a weak heart (looking tired, breathing heavy when exerted, swelling of the legs, etc....). He has not decided to cancel out entirely or pause for a length of time (as I have), but just for today.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am on the fence about getting it. The delta variant has me a little concerned. I always said I would get it when it was very easy and convenient to do so, which is now. I still can't pull the trigger. I mean literally all I have to do is drive 5 minutes away to a multitude of places and walk in and get it.

I never get the flu shot. But the flu isn't as deadly as the rona. I'm pretty sure I was exposed to rona and fought it off pretty easily, but you just never know when you might get a big enough whiff of it that puts you down for the count.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am on the fence about getting it. The delta variant has me a little concerned. I always said I would get it when it was very easy and convenient to do so, which is now. I still can't pull the trigger. I mean literally all I have to do is drive 5 minutes away to a multitude of places and walk in and get it.

I never get the flu shot. But the flu isn't as deadly as the rona. I'm pretty sure I was exposed to rona and fought it off pretty easily, but you just never know when you might get a big enough whiff of it that puts you down for the count.
With the delta variant, you don't need a "big enough whiff", it's hyper-transmissible, so only fleeting contact with someone or a little whiff of it will have the same impact. It made me freeze my summer bike routine because even outdoor transmission is risky with that variant without proper vaccination.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My step mother developed a problem with her leg for about two weeks after her first shot and had to start using a cane.

I am staying in the control group for now.
One of the unlucky minority. How is she now? She can get a medical exemption for vaccine passes. They make it that even a medical exemption is better than being part of the unwilling and being blocked out, even if healthy!

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well she seemed to recover, and is walking fine now as far as I know. Just seemed odd. Started a day or two after her first shot. 2nd shot wiped her out for a few days, fatigue, but no other ill effects
Then that is an acceptable parameter. The bright side is she is protected and has a worst case scenario of getting a bad cold.if she gets the variant. Best of all,.she can get a vaccine passport. Worth the price of admission. She is not unlucky then.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gambling is seen as wasting money since you wont win, but when the top prizes is dying or crippled for life, etc... then taking the vaccine is just the unlucky lottery.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am on the fence about getting it.

I never get the flu shot. But the flu isn't as deadly as the rona.
I would say ultimately do what's comfortable for YOU.

If you wanna apply logic to it, look at ALL the statistical data. Figure out if you have any pre-existing conditions, low T, age, obese, etc.
Then decide based on that.

I've personally had it and it was a good 3-4 weeks of misery for me. But I've also known relatives/friends that's gotten it and had a much faster recovery and less intensity than me. My 82yo father in-law got it early this year and was sick for 2 weeks but he described it as flu like conditions and wasn't hospitalized. Yet the funny thing was he still got the vaccine recently due to his age. The rewards outweigh the risks for him in his case.

Personally I'm against the vaccine for all healthy people but I do think the rewards outweigh the risks for people that fall into the danger category(obese, pre-existing conditions, diabetic, smokers, etc) and would recommend they get it if they are scared of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.