Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fasting

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pushups, dips, pullups, close grip pushups, leg raises, supermans, stretching, etc. Muscles which are unused or unstressed start shutting down and turning off. So do what you can during this period. If you want additional resistance during pushups, elevate your feet, wear a weight vest or have one of your young kids sit on your back.
The Bulgarian press is ridiculous. If you look at the amount of muscles you activate, it's next level. I have been looking for something new and I have been working on it.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, i have been working out 6 days a week. I have set sleep for 8hrs minimum but I have periodic insomnia. One off day this week. Improving.

I watched several YouTube Fasting vlogs. I don't get how anybody natty can muck donuts and stay incredibly ripped without GEAR. I suspect gear and stupid good genetics.

I am reading a book on fasting fasting 16:8. I am going to play with 24 HR fast and or keto. I will research a bit more about it and decide. I am still big but I have a six pack. I will get my 8 by summer.

The gymnastics rings is obliterate my abs. I have been eating a lot broccoli and skinless chicken breast. The only improvement is removing soup which is high in sodium. I love soup and its pandemic so its temporarily a food.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update,

I am going to be doing 2 meals a day. I am currently on 3. I will progress towards OMAD and periodic day + fasts.

Pending the outcome, I may start keto.

Atm, I run 3x a week. Distance and HITT training. I lift 6x a week.

I've opted out of blitz style routines for a more isolated workout. For whatever reason, i noticed a superb effect with chest + biceps do, i may continue with it.

Apps i currently use: calm, headspace, Wim Hoff, Strava, Fit Note, etc.

I highly recommend the following.

Book recommendations include :

16:8 by Jamie Rose i believe.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Operation 8 pack is coming up nicely. I will be tweaking to either chicken + broccoli or OMAD going into summer.

The other update, i read Estrogenation following the PTW podcast. The amount of estrogenics and exo-estrogen on food, water, sunscreen, shampoo, soaps, etc is terrorism. The war on men is disgusting. It is a awful thing to experience and thank God i am aware of the fact.

I have been using brita filters as a lid and reverse osmosis for over a decade. I use holistic shampoo with ingredients i can read.i highly recommended the read fellas.

I want to check 23&me and get the info transcribed for amplifier of my genetics. I have a ideal course going forward to max my performance and well being.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
After you do it, it's not a big deal. Throwing in a single 24 hrs fast day a few times a month helps you stay in control of your self. Do it out of will power. The longest was 21 days.

It teaches you that a lot of your "hunger" was fake ( usually thirst ) and that you have food addictions. Theres something that triggers you and you want to eat this certain item... That's not you being in control...
You could work and function(motor control/power output) on 21 days?
I think I'd drop a couple dress sizes in that time frame....wow.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could work and function(motor control/power output) on 21 days?
I think I'd drop a couple dress sizes in that time frame....wow.
I can drop 1-1.5 belt loop size in 21 days.

Just watch this presentation where Kobe and another pro agreed that they improve certain qualities in a 2 WEEK basketball camp. 2 weeks...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I did IF I only had a 4-5 hour eating window, I'd eat lunch at work and dinner just before I left. Since lockdown, I put on some weight, many of us did. I started 36-hour fasting weekly, great results. I also previously did the snake juice where you literally just drink water with electrolytes and that's it.

Now I will be back to IF on a 6-hour eating window 1pm - 7pm and working out 4-5 days a week on high protein.

What I would say though is the health benefits from a 24 hour to a 36 hour fast are crazy. It's important to give your organs a rest and when you time it right, it's just 1 day you don't eat as you sleep through most of the extra 12 hours. You feel amazing after a prolonged fast. Don't even get me started on 72 hour.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You would be surprised. The food craving drive subsides.
Oh for sure. I haven't read the thread I usually read the first post then make a reply.

Cravings definately go away after the first 24 hours - when I do a 36h fast I always feel I can go longer. I also have so much more focus.

However I'm starting to lift heavy now i've reduced my bf% so I can't really be doing more than intermittent fasting now.

I may try this the October long weekend(mid October)
Do it, make sure you drink water with electrolytes as plain water just flushes everything out of your system and you will struggle. Having said that the majority of my 36h fasts are with tap water.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
I've been doing fasting, keto calorie restriction, walking and have lost 3kg in the past week. Only eat 1300 calories yesterday. Day before eat 2300. calories. Haven't been doing keto every day either. It's all about calories.

I feel and look a bit better from losing 3kg.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Few the past few months or so I've been consistently doing a 24 +/-1 hr fast every day, although I sometimes have a "cheat" day once or twice a week (usually if I undereat the previous few days). I definitely find it beneficial, however I seriously doubt I will continue to do this once I start lifting weights again. It's similar to keto diets in the sense that it establishes more "stable" energy levels, which is better for endurance/body weight stuff, not powerlifting or explosive activities like sprinting.

I may try doing multiple day fasts at some point, but I suspect I will not be able to sleep if I'm hungry, so it might not be worth it.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am still going strong with fasting. Mostly eating leafy greens, lots of broccoli, asparagus, kale, etc and salmon or chicken my window is still 16:8 however, I coupled with a few 20-24hrs fast.i have yet to do multi day fasts. PRs are impossible beyond that length of time for fasting.

My training is running, sprints like suicides or wind sprints, skipping or jogging. I am doing calisthenics. I am aching to get back to the gym. I recently was billed for the gym so, I should either return or freeze the membership. I am just concerned about a lockdown or shenanigans.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I am still going strong with fasting. Mostly eating leafy greens, lots of broccoli, asparagus, kale, etc and salmon or chicken my window is still 16:8 however, I coupled with a few 20-24hrs fast.i have yet to do multi day fasts. PRs are impossible beyond that length of time for fasting.

My training is running, sprints like suicides or wind sprints, skipping or jogging. I am doing calisthenics. I am aching to get back to the gym. I recently was billed for the gym so, I should either return or freeze the membership. I am just concerned about a lockdown or shenanigans.
deezed....I gave up drinking caffeinated coffee!!
after work today going to try my first long fast. Sunday morning I have service appt so I'll try to make it.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deezed....I gave up drinking caffeinated coffee!!
after work today going to try my first long fast. Sunday morning I have service appt so I'll try to make it.
Service like the temple?

I am doubling down on sleep, meditation, prayer, and active recovery. I notice that I spiked my cognitive ability and skills in life by getting more REM sleep. It is a work in progress after a lifetime of mishaps.

I cut pre workouts but I am far from caffeine free. I am limiting myself but **** its super effective. I am fairly unaware of my sleep situation and being depleted with work, purpose, getting baees and training. I am really looking forward to the process and path going forward with my sleep game on point.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Service like the temple?

I am doubling down on sleep, meditation, prayer, and active recovery. I notice that I spiked my cognitive ability and skills in life by getting more REM sleep. It is a work in progress after a lifetime of mishaps.

I cut pre workouts but I am far from caffeine free. I am limiting myself but **** its super effective. I am fairly unaware of my sleep situation and being depleted with work, purpose, getting baees and training. I am really looking forward to the process and path going forward with my sleep game on point.
no not practicing any religion right now.
Its an improving my smv appt; remember I'm a tomboy postwall trying to become feminine, not kidding.

She doing a dermaplaning treatment on my face. Feels freaking amazing after!!

A few more appts (nails, hair, makeup) then I take a break for about 6 months next year and try practicing these skills myself. I know I'm supposed to know how but I don't.

Coffee addiction was stopping me from fasting so I'll be working more on the body game now too.

Missed your posts. Inspiring hardworker you are!

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back on lock down. Smashing calisthenics. I have not been to a gym much this year. My joints are limber.

I have gone ahead and increased my timeline and days fasting. In doing so, I am forced to sleep early. I am getting far deeper sleep. I am feeling better and stronger. More importantly, I am more aesthetic.

I have also been meditating often as routine. My diet is super strict and being kept clean. I highly recommend intermittent fasting right now especially when we're in pandemic. I'm hooking up and on my purpose. It feels great man. I found a way to schedule routine day fast, single meal refeed.

So, 16:8 --> 24 ---> 1 refeed ---> 16:8

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Back on lock down. Smashing calisthenics. I have not been to a gym much this year. My joints are limber.

I have gone ahead and increased my timeline and days fasting. In doing so, I am forced to sleep early. I am getting far deeper sleep. I am feeling better and stronger. More importantly, I am more aesthetic.

I have also been meditating often as routine. My diet is super strict and being kept clean. I highly recommend intermittent fasting right now especially when we're in pandemic. I'm hooking up and on my purpose. It feels great man. I found a way to schedule routine day fast, single meal refeed.

So, 16:8 --> 24 ---> 1 refeed ---> 16:8
Awesome!

So you have how many meals/portion size in your 8 hours? and then only water for the 24 after that, and then only 1 meal refeed? But is it a more generous portion for that 1 meal refeed? Before the 16 hour fast again?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome!

So you have how many meals/portion size in your 8 hours? and then only water for the 24 after that, and then only 1 meal refeed? But is it a more generous portion for that 1 meal refeed? Before the 16 hour fast again?
Refeed. I have a electrolyte drink. Between 16-20 fast regularly. Periodically, day fasts. The lockdown in the UK and no gyms is annoying. More fasting and calisthenics to compensate for the pandemic.

I'm playing with the fast.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no not practicing any religion right now.
Its an improving my smv appt; remember I'm a tomboy postwall trying to become feminine, not kidding.

She doing a dermaplaning treatment on my face. Feels freaking amazing after!!

A few more appts (nails, hair, makeup) then I take a break for about 6 months next year and try practicing these skills myself. I know I'm supposed to know how but I don't.

Coffee addiction was stopping me from fasting so I'll be working more on the body game now too.

Missed your posts. Inspiring hardworker you are!
Troy Francis made a nye video. it's a ghost town. My gym is closed. No eta for reopening if ever. Many are closing down.

A few mates from my bjj club and gym are Muslim. I was recommended to try fasting. I noticed that effective results for then. I was reading Path to God by Ram Dass. I was reading the yoga sutras. I went through a Connor Murphy hippie phase.

Intermittent fasting is legit. Physically deezed and aesthetic purely from clean diet. Forced calorie restrictions from the fast. my joints are solid from the lack of iron and heavy lifting.

the next addition to the routine is 20min meditation, foam rolling 2x a week, and minimum 8 hour sleep every night.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
Refeed. I have a electrolyte drink. Between 16-20 fast regularly. Periodically, day fasts. The lockdown in the UK and no gyms is annoying. More fasting and calisthenics to compensate for the pandemic.

I'm playing with the fast.
oh, good idea with the electrolyte drink.
sounds great.

I haven't tried again too much, except for skipping suppers sometimes, so some days its 14:10 no problem. 1-3 x a week that happens naturally.
Outside of that and it starts playing on my mind. My scale I bought 2 months ago measures water and I was at 44 % water. That's probably too low. Doc yesterday said just drink 1.5 L to 3L a day so you stick to it. Ok, I will.
Electrolyte sounds good too.