"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Fashion for the 40s DJ

Cheeky_James

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Messages
587
Reaction score
281
Age
42
I’ve realised recently that my wardrobe and image needs an overhaul.

what are some good looks for a dude in his mid 40s in 2026?

A quick google gives me … suits. Or dad wear.

Looking around I see dudes dressed like garden gnomes w orange beanies. big ass jeans , ironic 90s windcheater sweaters. and big bomber jackets .
Is that the vibe now...super-oversize and 90s(?)

who are the current trendsetters/brands/websites of the aging DJ fashion icons plz.


 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
595
I play football and work out a lot so constantly in a pair of shorts. Im a good looking man so walked into the bar about 6 weeks ago wearing my shorts and tracksuit top and a group of girls surrounded me as a soon as i got to the bar asking for my number.
 

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
5,510
Reaction score
5,686
I’ve realised recently that my wardrobe and image needs an overhaul.

what are some good looks for a dude in his mid 40s in 2026?

A quick google gives me … suits. Or dad wear.

Looking around I see dudes dressed like garden gnomes w orange beanies. big ass jeans , ironic 90s windcheater sweaters. and big bomber jackets .
Is that the vibe now...super-oversize and 90s(?)

who are the current trendsetters/brands/websites of the aging DJ fashion icons plz.


There are certain classics that never go out of style. Think a pair of blue jeans with a white t-shirt. That combo looked good on James Dean in the 1950's and it still looks good today. Or a linen blazer with an Oxford shirt and chinos if you want to look more dressed up. Those are just two examples but you get the idea. The key is to get clothing that fits well and is made from quality materials.

Trying to keep up with the latest trends is pointless unless you are a celebrity or work in the fashion industry and it's important for you to be "on trend".
 
Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,955
Sorry this is off topic, but I saw some video where they talked about guys over 50 or 60 dressing classy. They said some fairly obvious things like no graphic tees, sneakers, or large brand names displayed. But what I found interesting was they said no shorts and no short sleeves. If it's hot, you roll up your sleeves to the elbow.

I'll admit it's an elegant look, but that would never work for me, I get too hot.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Cheeky_James

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Messages
587
Reaction score
281
Age
42
Pictures would be better guys..! Yknow , with colours, fits, examples etc
but thanks for the input.

so it basically this ;
Shirts, chinos, blazer.
Or
White tee blue jeans

That’s kinda how I dress tbh. Less the blazer.
but .. it all seems so boring and conservative idk.
Is that all the choices now..?

.. IMG_6505.jpeg IMG_6506.jpeg IMG_6508.jpeg
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,955
That’s kinda how I dress tbh. Less the blazer.
but .. it all seems so boring and conservative idk.
That pic in the dark brwn blazer does seem kind of dull.
Men will never have the style options that women do.
The most important thing is to be in shape, and your clothes will look better on you, especially fitted.

I hear polos are good too.

Polo_Leone_Navy_HighRes_1_c90892a3-be4c-46f3-8b85-9ee62a2dcb90.jpg

outifts-for-men-over-50.jpg
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

UK manc

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
6
Age
43
It depends on country as well.

A lot of images of fashion for men in US just wouldn't pass in the UK.

We're much more casually dressed, and you have to work within that. Being fit always helps massively.
 

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
1,381
Reaction score
1,578
Age
32
for a man in his 40s, the closest i’ve seen out of all the images shared in this thread is the one with brad pitt in the white tee. you’ll want to wear a slim fit (be lean is first step) cropped shirt that hits right above the belt line (image below), paired with bootcut jeans and boots (color matching your belt). of course also throw in some accessories, and piercings.
 

Cheeky_James

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Messages
587
Reaction score
281
Age
42
for a man in his 40s, the closest i’ve seen out of all the images shared in this thread is the one with brad pitt in the white tee. you’ll want to wear a slim fit (be lean is first step) cropped shirt that hits right above the belt line (image below), paired with bootcut jeans and boots (color matching your belt). of course also throw in some accessories, and piercings.
that’s a good one :up:
I’m studying ann old PUA book atm.
‘Brad P’s fashion bible’ - it’s a bit out of date with the pics and styles in it .. but has pretty solid advice and theory re good signals communicated by fashion :up::cool:
 

plumber

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2022
Messages
1,002
Reaction score
844
contrast. what is missing in the environment; be that. in a room full of brad pitt, another one is not noticed but jay cutler is noticed. in a gym the guy that arrives in armani before changing gets noticed more than the fit dudes. if all in the venue have money, but they can not sing and dance....

what is missing; be that.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
5,510
Reaction score
5,686
Men will never have the style options that women do.
The most important thing is to be in shape, and your clothes will look better on you, especially fitted.
I disagree. Men have just as many options if not more, especially if we are talking about high quality clothing and not mainstream mall crap. Check out forums like Ask Andy About Clothes and Style Forum. There are literally hundreds of brands producing quality menswear.

For women, it’s a lot more binary. You either have
exorbitantly priced Italian and French high fashion or mass market drek like Zara and Alo, with not much in-between.

I also find that most women nowadays have really basic and terrible style. They wear stupid yoga outfits everywhere.
 

SpartanWarrior77

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
508
Reaction score
399
Location
Europe
I’ve realised recently that my wardrobe and image needs an overhaul.

what are some good looks for a dude in his mid 40s in 2026?

A quick google gives me … suits. Or dad wear.

Looking around I see dudes dressed like garden gnomes w orange beanies. big ass jeans , ironic 90s windcheater sweaters. and big bomber jackets .
Is that the vibe now...super-oversize and 90s(?)

who are the current trendsetters/brands/websites of the aging DJ fashion icons plz.


exactly right! oversize everything and 90s, the well-fitted only applies if you're going for the refined suit-type of vibe, otherwise it's better to be on the looser side.
 

Jason9

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 22, 2015
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Jeans, blazer, t shirt, boots

Khaki jeans, blazer, t shirt, boots

These are classics that will never go out of fashion
 

Cheeky_James

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Messages
587
Reaction score
281
Age
42
exactly right! oversize everything and 90s, the well-fitted only applies if you're going for the refined suit-type of vibe, otherwise it's better to be on the looser side.
there’s a guy over on Chases forum ..’ Don Gately ‘
He wears high end suits and picks up the younger ladies.

mayhe it’s time for me to go the suit-route :D
 

SpartanWarrior77

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
508
Reaction score
399
Location
Europe
there’s a guy over on Chases forum ..’ Don Gately ‘
He wears high end suits and picks up the younger ladies.

mayhe it’s time for me to go the suit-route :D
YES! We need more guys that are willing to embrace the suit vibe! I would too if I could!!! I love that vibe.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top