Facebook and Ex

Rufio

Reaction score
For those of you that know what facebook is... recently my ex requested to be my friend. I've done my best to move on, i.e. dating other girls and talking to other people. Meanwhile she's adding my buddies on facebook and pulling sh!t like this. I feel like accepting the "online friendship" via facebook will go against how hard I've worked to cut her off completely. On the other hand, does it come off as though I'm still bitter if I reject the friend request? I kind of feel like I shouldn't give a fvck and just add her, but I really just want to cut her the fvck off.

Which route do you think is the best?

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Uhh...I hate facebook, and Hi5, and all of that crap, so frankly, I wouldn't care.

Really...if you really really reallllly like her, then add her, but if not..then well, comeon here.

BDude004

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo! Here's what you should do. Add her, and from then on out just ignore her. This way, you won't seem bitter. If you just keep doing what you were doing to drop contact with her, like stop calling (don't look at her profile) it won't be hard. She probably just wants to keep tabs on what you're up to, who you're seeing, all that blah...

If she ever messages you anything, ignore it, and if you ever run into her in person and she calls you on it, say you have better things to do than cyber-jock an ex.

Tongs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just deny the friend request.

They don't see if you deny it or have just been ignoring it[/size]

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd usually say deny the request but in this case I say go along and add her. However, you are under no obligation to treat her as anything more than an acquaintance. Show her that you're big enough not to show any grudges however, your 'relationship' is definitely on different terms; yours.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I'd usually say deny the request but in this case I say go along and add her. However, you are under no obligation to treat her as anything more than an acquaintance. Show her that you're big enough not to show any grudges however, your 'relationship' is definitely on different terms; yours.
It didn't work for me.

I added an old oneitis request thinking I was over her. What I didn't anticipate was that every time I logged on Facebook, there is a new News Feed on the main page detailing her new single status and lots of pictures showing her with other dudes standing there and smiling. Now I got dumped by this oneitis and seeing those pictures is like opening a shut coffin and letting all the ghosts out. I had to delete her today because it was starting to get to me. What is in the past should stay in the past.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
It didn't work for me.

I added an old oneitis request thinking I was over her. What I didn't anticipate was that every time I logged on Facebook, there is a new News Feed on the main page detailing her new single status and lots of pictures showing her with other dudes standing there and smiling. Now I got dumped by this oneitis and seeing those pictures is like opening a shut coffin and letting all the ghosts out. I had to delete her today because it was starting to get to me. What is in the past should stay in the past.
My ex from a couple of years ago still has me on her Chistmas list, I could care less. It's just junk mail to me. But then again it can't compete with a site that's sole purpose is social promotion. It would be difficult if you haven't completely severed the emotional ties.

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use facebook in a manner similar to how politicians do. I'm there, I"m promoting myself and my life style and I'm appearing hard to get and a challenge. On that note, if exes add me (which they have) then I'll either accept if I don't care about them anymore or just ignore the request indefinately. Hell, I've got tons of things that I've been ignoring on facebook, pokes, invitations to groups, friend requests, invitations to add all kinds of add ons, etc. Whoever said that you need to reply when someone sends you messages? You're in charge of that, and not the other way around.

On the other hand, if you don't want to play this game, then respond to her and say "hey babe, thanks for the friend request. I don't think I should add you though because although me and you are cool these days and are simply friends, I don't think the women I am seeing would appreciate seeing us publically being friends on the site. But shoot me an email from time to time to let me know how you're doing"

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cesare Cardinali said:
On the other hand, if you don't want to play this game, then respond to her and say "hey babe, thanks for the friend request. I don't think I should add you though because although me and you are cool these days and are simply friends, I don't think the women I am seeing would appreciate seeing us publically being friends on the site. But shoot me an email from time to time to let me know how you're doing"

That would be a good response... in person that is.

Personally I learned that its best not to send personal text or email's because I don't know who else can view them and if they can potentially be used against me in the future.