Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Exclamation marks and smileys when texting girls?

Hoodie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it matter? I sometimes use it to avoid coming off as too serious and more energetic. Do you think girls care?

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes they do... it helps give them a general read on your tone...

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I avoid emojis for the most part.

Use "lol" if you feel you really need to make sure something is taken a tease. Just don't over do it

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: Hi! How ya doing today? :) Wana hang out? :)

You: Doing great Thanks! :) ... Yeah sure! :) ... whens a good time? Hows 7:30pm sound?

Vs

Her: Hi! How ya doing today? Wana hang out?

You: Doing great thanks. Yeah sure. Whens a good time? Hows 7:30pm sound?

Clearly the smiley version expresses greater pleasantries. (Edited cuz this forum didnt allow the emojis in that i had so i added ascii emotes)

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found using them sparingly at first to test the waters to be the best way. If they start using them, then it's ok to use them but only as much as they do. I know whenever I text with Eastern European women, they sometimes can be turned off by spelling, grammar, emoji, and any other slang or shortcut acronyms.

Hoodie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: Hi! How ya doing today? :) Wana hang out? :)

You: Doing great Thanks! :) ... Yeah sure! :) ... whens a good time? Hows 7:30pm sound?

Vs

Her: Hi! How ya doing today? Wana hang out?

You: Doing great thanks. Yeah sure. Whens a good time? Hows 7:30pm sound?

Clearly the smiley version expresses greater pleasantries. (Edited cuz this forum didnt allow the emojis in that i had so i added ascii emotes)
Yep, it comes across as much more pleasant. It depends alot on how the other person texts aswell. Sometimes people just write without exclamation marks and smiley, and you have to imagine what kind of expression she is using while texting.

Last edited:

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had so many ladies hot and heavy from text based convos alone... get em all worked up sexting after slowloy leading the conversation into sexual thoughts... almost always leads to sex in person..... especially if your very descriptive.... ;) many told me that they didnt normally do that but for some reason i was able to really get their motors revving....

But yes.... your right... everyone is different.....this one lady i was chattin to alot on OLD got in the habit of reachin out to me everytime she got into her hot tub... it was entertaining af..... that one i never went and seen tho and blew her off as i was already busy with someone way hotter and in person who i had also started with sexting with before meeting her....

*shrugs*

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do a search for user MrWood and his take on emojis. I like his ideas of limiting them to sunglasses face and dancing lady to give off a fun flirty vibe.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use it very rarely, but I think girls don't care about it unless you send them hearts or kiss emojis.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter. Generally I believe less is more, but I use them when I want to.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clearly the smiley version expresses greater pleasantries.
it doesnt my friend, it kills secsual tension.

direct, decisive straight to the point with 18% body fat, clean crib and clean car

logicallefty

Reaction score
I don't use regular generic smiley face emojis. But I user other ones like the chicken, poop, moon, cow, and others that fit the context of my humor in the conversation. But also, as has already been said, I don't overdo it.

r4zorsharp

Banned
Reaction score
it depends on your personality. theres nothing more to say. some girls i use emojis with and some i dont. do i go crazy with them? nope just some subtle touches to give my texts more personality.

isasda66

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Emojis are childish. It doesn't feel right to use them as a grown man.
Wow. Took long to find someone who I can relate with. But overall I agree. At most I'll use the thumbs up but dont go use the smiley faces bullsh1t.

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I only use emojis very occassionally and only a select few. Don't be that guy who spams emojis like he's just discovered what a smartphone is. You want to be a man, not a kid.