Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Emotional eating weight gain

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’ve always been a proponent of “how I look in the mirror and how my clothing fits” vs what the scale shows.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I’ve always been a proponent of “how I look in the mirror and how my clothing fits” vs what the scale shows.
To a degree yes, if you are already in good shape that's effective. If you have 50-60 lbs to lose, I don't care how you think your clothes fit, you are still shaped like an amoeba and need to drop weight.

IMO, until you are 15% BF or lower that is mostly irrelevant, it's only fooling yourself.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
To a degree yes, if you are already in good shape, that's effective. If you have 50-60 lbs to lose, I don't care how you think your clothes fit, you are still shaped like an amoeba and need to drop weight.

IMO, until you are 15% BF or lower, that is mostly irrelevant; it's only fooling yourself.
What's irrelevant until 15% BF?

I guarantee you this if the people trying to lose weight here drank nothing but water and black coffee, they'd lose weight.

Eat two hard-boiled eggs for breakfast and some sliced tomatoes.
Lunch boneless skinless chicken breast and a cup of your favorite veggies, raw or steamed, no butter, no dressing.
For dinner, a big salad with only vegetables in it and a homemade vinaigrette (EVO, balsamic, salt, pepper, dash of mustard); add a protein of your choice, chicken breast, salmon steak, or burger patty.

Meat and vegetables, rinse, lather, repeat. A hamburger isn't "meat," a hamburger patty might be, depending on where ya get them from.

Most people must stop being self-indulgent pricks with an excuse for everything - and do it. Anything else is a platitude.

Do that a week. Betcha, you'd lose 5 lbs minimum and more if you're a glutton.

Written as I inhale a 98% lean hamburger patty that was air-fried and half a baked sweet potato, with only salt and pepper on them.

180cm, 91kg, 15% bf in my 5th decade

Last edited:

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing that sucks about humans is we are so damn gullible, and we believe that what we read is fact, and will fight
over stupid wives tales and hogwash. Line up 50 nutritionists and watch them disagree on most anything.

I don't know what a macro is but I know a calorie is fuel. Less fuel = burning stored fuel. My suggestion for anyone starting the journey of getting in fantastic shape is to count everything that enters your face for a year. We are creatures of habit, eventually it's all memorized. TIP. If something is 62 calories call it 75. A orange is 100 even if it's a small one. Cheat up!

What worked for me was zero bad center isle carbs. Not even pasta. I'm only potatoes, B-rice, Oats, basically.
Fatty meats, "no fry" fruit-veg-nuts-eggs, healthy oil & butter. 99.5 percent of the year. If you're strict anything else
Is a treat and well deserved. That! Good hygiene, cloths fitting, good boot/shoes, don't be a simp and you can
Be a SS Superhero at any age.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
One thing that sucks about humans is we are so damn gullible, and we believe that what we read is fact, and will fight
over stupid wives tales and hogwash. Line up 50 nutritionists and watch them disagree on most anything.

I don't know what a macro is but I know a calorie is fuel. Less fuel = burning stored fuel. My suggestion for anyone starting the journey of getting in fantastic shape is to count everything that enters your face for a year. We are creatures of habit, eventually it's all memorized. TIP. If something is 62 calories call it 75. A orange is 100 even if it's a small one. Cheat up!

What worked for me was zero bad center isle carbs. Not even pasta. I'm only potatoes, B-rice, Oats, basically.
Fatty meats, "no fry" fruit-veg-nuts-eggs, healthy oil & butter. 99.5 percent of the year. If you're strict anything else
Is a treat and well deserved. That! Good hygiene, cloths fitting, good boot/shoes, don't be a simp and you can
Be a SS Superhero at any age.
Isn't really anything gullible about what they say. Usually it works in a vacuum for some people. Most of it doesn't work long term for most people.

There are basically 6 principles to losing weight.

1) Stay hydrated with water. Without hydration levels being good, you are making it an uphill climb to lose weight. Water is thermogenic and increase the number of calories your body burns by itself.

2) Focus on improving insulin sensitivity.

3) Resistance Training a minimum of 3-4x a week

4) Move more. Walking at least 30 minutes a day 4-5x a week is a good start.

5) Focus on nutrient dense, high water containing, one ingredient foods for most of your food intake and ensure you are eating at least 30% protein. Better if it's 40-45% tho. Protein is thermogenic and torches fat.

6) Sleep 7-8 hours a day consistently. Sleep needs to be a priority. You are setting yourself up for hormonal failure if you don't.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding nutritionists, not really. This is true regarding social media grifters. Nutritionists overwhelmingly agree that a healthy diet should be based on plant based whole foods, with the option of lean protein sources and a source of omega 3s (either fish or fish oil supplementation).

Fatty meats, "no fry" fruit-veg-nuts-eggs, healthy oil & butter. 99.5 percent of the year.
Nice job on the progress. It must be said, that cutting junk carbs is great, but only half the equation. Most weight gain is caused by high fat + high junk carb in the diet. I’m not sure where the “fat is good, carb is bad” epidemic came from. Fatty meat, butter, and oil are not health foods.

The body burns more carbohydrates as they are eaten. However, it stores more fat as it is eaten (fat = triglycerides) because it is already in the form that it is stored in.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Regarding nutritionists, not really. This is true regarding social media grifters. Nutritionists overwhelmingly agree that a healthy diet should be based on plant based whole foods, with the option of lean protein sources and a source of omega 3s (either fish or fish oil supplementation).

Nice job on the progress. It must be said, that cutting junk carbs is great, but only half the equation. Most weight gain is caused by high fat + high junk carb in the diet. I’m not sure where the “fat is good, carb is bad” epidemic came from. Fatty meat, butter, and oil are not health foods.

The body burns more carbohydrates as they are eaten. However, it stores more fat as it is eaten (fat = triglycerides) because it is already in the form that it is stored in.
This is an overly simplistic view of things. Grass Fed Beef is perfectly fine. Fatty fish is perfectly fine. Olive oil is perfectly fine. Butter is actually perfectly fine. Cheese is mostly fine(I like goat cheese, but cow milk is usually OK). Raw nuts are mostly perfectly fine(depending on type). I prefer raw almonds. Chia seeds are fine. Flaxseed is fine. Raw seeds like pumpkin or sunflower are fine.

You still want to believe saturated fats are bad. They aren't. It's based on terrible science that never should have been published many decades ago.

I do carb cycling with a 5:2 fast. 4 low carb(2 are fast days), 2 high carb, 1 medium carb day. On the low carb days I am not fasting I eat all of those things I talked about above. Not all on the same day obviously, but I mix and match.

Fat is not being stored based on my results.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an overly simplistic view of things. Grass Fed Beef is perfectly fine. Fatty fish is perfectly fine. Olive oil is perfectly fine. Butter is actually perfectly fine. Cheese is mostly fine(I like goat cheese, but cow milk is usually OK). Raw nuts are mostly perfectly fine(depending on type). I prefer raw almonds. Chia seeds are fine. Flaxseed is fine. Raw seeds like pumpkin or sunflower are fine.
It is not overly simplistic. Weight gain happens in the context of a high fat, high carb diet. It just so happens most people loading up on junk carbs are also eating a high fat diet. The body will store the fatty acids already present vs the carbs because it is more efficient to do so.

You still want to believe saturated fats are bad. They aren't. It's based on terrible science that never should have been published many decades ago.
It is a fact that saturated fat raises serum Apo-B, of which long term elevated exposure is causal for cardiovascular disease. Most people consider cardiovascular disease to be bad.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It is not overly simplistic. Weight gain happens in the context of a high fat, high carb diet. It just so happens most people loading up on junk carbs are also eating a high fat diet. The body will store the fatty acids already present vs the carbs because it is more efficient to do so.

It is a fact that saturated fat raises serum Apo-B, of which long term elevated exposure is causal for cardiovascular disease. Most people consider cardiovascular disease to be bad.
The body doesn't need carbs to be present to store fat. It can do this independently of insulin being present or not. Fat is broken down by bile secreted from the gallbladder and liver into smaller globules, then transported by the body via the lymph system directly into fat cells. No insulin is required for this process to take place.

Insulin resistance is the #1 reason people store fat and gain weight because it causes insulin to be active in their body far too often which shuts off the ability to burn fat. Which is usually caused by eating too many junk carbs and fats...mostly refined sugars, processed foods and trans fats.

We aren't necessarily saying different things, I am just saying it is more related to the types of carbs and fats eaten together and the quantity of them.

5 studies done recently show that's not true in terms of increased cardiovascular risk and/or death from cardiovascular causes.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 studies done recently show that's not true in terms of increased cardiovascular risk and/or death from cardiovascular causes.
The role of Apo-B on cardiovascular disease is not controversial in cardiology. Saturated fat increases Apo-B. Replacing saturated fat in the diet with unsaturated fat decreases Apo-B. Saturated fat itself is the problem (it is suspected to impair the liver’s ability to clear excess lipids).

When looking at dietary approaches to weight loss, it’s best not to worsen other health markers. Loading up on animal fats that are high in saturated fat is not a good way to go, especially when there are alternatives.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The role of Apo-B on cardiovascular disease is not controversial in cardiology. Saturated fat increases Apo-B. Replacing saturated fat in the diet with unsaturated fat decreases Apo-B. Saturated fat itself is the problem (it is suspected to impair the liver’s ability to clear excess lipids).
Intake of Vitamin K2 more than makes up for any minor increase in that. K2 reduces incidence of negative cardiovascular events by 57%. It's responsible for calcium binding proteins in the body, which in turn removes calcium buildup from the arteries, aka atherosclerosis, the number one cause of cardiovascular disease. Without proper K2 levels you are pretty much a walking cardiovascular event waiting to happen as the body cannot get calcium to the right places in the body(bones and teeth) and just deposits it anywhere.

You are barking up the wrong tree looking for answers. Equivalent of a 500 lb man focused on walking an extra 1000 steps a day to lose weight but still eating 8000 calories of junk food.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intake of Vitamin K2 more than makes up for any minor increase in that. K2 reduces incidence of negative cardiovascular events by 57%. It's responsible for calcium binding proteins in the body, which in turn removes calcium buildup from the arteries, aka atherosclerosis, the number one cause of cardiovascular disease. Without proper K2 levels you are pretty much a walking cardiovascular event waiting to happen as the body cannot get calcium to the right places in the body(bones and teeth) and just deposits it anywhere.

You are barking up the wrong tree looking for answers. Equivalent of a 500 lb man focused on walking an extra 1000 steps a day to lose weight but still eating 8000 calories of junk food.
There is no credible, heart healthy weight loss program that will endorse eating large amounts of saturated fat. It doesn’t matter what supplements you use. The only ones pushing “fat = good” are the YouTube Keto / Carnivore quacks. Even Paul Saladino jumped ship after seeing his lipids jump into the stratosphere.

I am only warning men out there- there are many ways to lose weight… just don’t load up on fatty meat and butter to do it. Not a prudent route to take.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Successful day yesterday, and the route to get to work is a good exercise course. There are bunch of stairs going form an upper train platform to a road, cross the road, and a bunch of stairs going to an upper-level of a street, cross that (jay-walk) and I'm there. Yesterday, J jetted up a flight of stairs in order to catch a train before the doors closed. Yeah, looks like a work-out. I also do a personal work-out by walking around the yard, doing jumping jacks and some slanted push-ups as well.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There is no credible, heart healthy weight loss program that will endorse eating large amounts of saturated fat. It doesn’t matter what supplements you use. The only ones pushing “fat = good” are the YouTube Keto / Carnivore quacks. Even Paul Saladino jumped ship after seeing his lipids jump into the stratosphere.

I am only warning men out there- there are many ways to lose weight… just don’t load up on fatty meat and butter to do it. Not a prudent route to take.
I'm not advocating for that either, but I am not against it in moderation, which in my case is no more that twice a week and usually only once a week for red meats.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to curb my emotional eating but it's really difficult.

I thought there supposed to be food shortgages coming in the new year, so I bought a bunch of crackers and what not. Nothing happened yet, and some events at home precipated me to start eating this food and now I'm over 40% bf. Healthy chips, crackers (whole wheat) and arrowroot buiscuits.

Planning to see a doctor next week but don't want to disclose too much information as to the emotional triggers to eating this type of foods, etc...

Has anyone have this problem before? How did you deal with emotional eating?
Hello i read this and my thoughts are this

it sounds more like Carbohydrate Addiction, crackers, cookies, biscuits
Those are pure carbs

when i freaked out like you about Commie food shortages, i loaded up on canned tuna, sardines, olives, all low carb to no carb foods

You guys will fight this tooth and nail but most people are carb addicts. It’s tough to stop. If you go low carb (30-40 grams carbs per day Total) and maintain that for several months, and Then you eat a giant cake or a Whole Bag of chips, your low carb plan is game over
Also you may struggle getting back onto the low carb plan because you just cheated and had a delicious time with those Cheetos or effing Popcorn

this stuff is real and my guess is most guys (who are carb addicts) gonna fight this tooth and nail complaining saying I’m wrong

lots of our food pyramid concept was modified by food manufacturers and it made Americans fat and addicted to junk foods (all high carb)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hello i read this and my thoughts are this

it sounds more like Carbohydrate Addiction, crackers, cookies, biscuits
Those are pure carbs

when i freaked out like you about Commie food shortages, i loaded up on canned tuna, sardines, olives, all low carb to no carb foods

You guys will fight this tooth and nail but most people are carb addicts. It’s tough to stop. If you go low carb (30-40 grams carbs per day Total) and maintain that for several months, and Then you eat a giant cake or a Whole Bag of chips, your low carb plan is game over
Also you may struggle getting back onto the low carb plan because you just cheated and had a delicious time with those Cheetos or effing Popcorn

this stuff is real and my guess is most guys (who are carb addicts) gonna fight this tooth and nail complaining saying I’m wrong

lots of our food pyramid concept was modified by food manufacturers and it made Americans fat and addicted to junk foods (all high carb)
People shouldn't go low carb for that length of time. The reason why people will fight you tooth and nail is because you come up with ridiculous stuff and act as if it's some sort of fact when it's mostly rubbish.

Some people may be who eat tons of processed foods. People who eat low glycemic carbs or quality sources of carbs are not carb addicts they are smart.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Olive oil absolutely is good. Also it depends on the type of fat...some are stored while others are preferentially used as fuel.

You way oversimplify things unfortunately too often.

Obviously processed foods are pretty much garbage, but even "good" sources of carbs can be problematic depending on how your body handles it.

Also, fat doesn't need insulin to be stored, if your body wants to store fat it can easily do so without carbs or insulin.