Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Emotional eating weight gain

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you’re still above 40% bf you need to get more aggressive with this diet.

Get 4 eggs a day everyday into your diet and whatever else you eat. Drink lots of water, some nuts and seeds added to your diet. No sugar/chocolate/cakes. Look at yourself naked in the mirror every morning, weigh yourself. Attack this.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you’re still above 40% bf you need to get more aggressive with this diet.

Get 4 eggs a day everyday into your diet and whatever else you eat. Drink lots of water, some nuts and seeds added to your diet. No sugar/chocolate/cakes. Look at yourself naked in the mirror every morning, weigh yourself. Attack this.
What do you say about his training intensity? I believe he should be sweating at least 4 times a week to get to a more acceptable level.

I'll repeat my tips; more walking and biking. More " random" walks . Get a step calculator app. Start doing push ups. Even if its 1. And dont worry about half a croissant. Start counting calories just to get a better view on how much is going in.

46 is still a age where you have the power and energy to fix this. Add another ten years and this body type will be harder to change .

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm trying to curb my emotional eating but it's really difficult.

I thought there supposed to be food shortgages coming in the new year, so I bought a bunch of crackers and what not. Nothing happened yet, and some events at home precipated me to start eating this food and now I'm over 40% bf. Healthy chips, crackers (whole wheat) and arrowroot buiscuits.

Planning to see a doctor next week but don't want to disclose too much information as to the emotional triggers to eating this type of foods, etc...

Has anyone have this problem before? How did you deal with emotional eating?
Dude, its called personal discipline. Period.
Just freaking stop feeding the cake hole and that is it.
There is no other way around it. You chose or not to put things in your cakehole. Its a decision where you like it or not. So chose not to eat things that is bad for you or pay the price of getting fat.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't your body fat percentage calculation an estimate? Your weight can vary several pounds up and down simply due to water. I wouldn't obsess so much on one simple metric like that. Making long term lifestyle changes should be the focus.

And yes, waffles and syrup will make you fat. This is why I advocate carb restriction, because it keeps you away from processed foods like that. Breakfast is the hardest meal to avoid bad food. Breakfast meats like bacon and sausage are the worst for you. Oatmeal is ok, but most people want sugar in it. Almost all cereal is garbage, pancakes and waffles are worse. Muffins are all sugar. If you like peanut butter, breakfast is a good time for it, as it keeps you away from worse foods. I'd even let you put it on toast if there was no other way. Anything is better than waffles.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hard to wrap my head around how small foods (ie lets say if you took a tablespoon of Maple Syrup, or half a small croussaunt (sp?) can equate to an extra pound or two of weight, when the item itself is not even a few gram of comparable weight, but I guess it's just the way it is.
Those foods are shvt. They are pure weight gainers. Low in nutrition, low in fiber, high in empty calories. Stop eating shvt. If it is shvt, don’t bring it into your house.

For breakfast- try oatmeal, a piece of fruit (apple or banana) and a peanut butter sandwich (no jelly) on whole wheat bread. You’ll be full damn near the whole day.

For lunch- make a salad and bring it to work. Low fat dressing. If you need more protein throw some canned sardines on it.

If you commit to the first two meals a day being consistent and healthy, you are at a 67% clean diet.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't your body fat percentage calculation an estimate? Your weight can vary several pounds up and down simply due to water. I wouldn't obsess so much on one simple metric like that. Making long term lifestyle changes should be the focus.

And yes, waffles and syrup will make you fat. This is why I advocate carb restriction, because it keeps you away from processed foods like that. Breakfast is the hardest meal to avoid bad food. Breakfast meats like bacon and sausage are the worst for you. Oatmeal is ok, but most people want sugar in it. Almost all cereal is garbage, pancakes and waffles are worse. Muffins are all sugar. If you like peanut butter, breakfast is a good time for it, as it keeps you away from worse foods. I'd even let you put it on toast if there was no other way. Anything is better than waffles.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t do it! That’s fattening, processed junk. Influencers are grifters. Most of em on gear. May as well eat eggs and bacon rather than this stuff.
You’re not a fan of the whole “Anabolic Diet” thing going on?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew a farmer's market vendor who would make muffins with fruit, oatmeal and whey protein powder. One would get me through a morning. That type of thing is an anomaly though, compared to the baked goods for sale one would normally find in a typical store or restaurant.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you say about his training intensity? I believe he should be sweating at least 4 times a week to get to a more acceptable level.

I'll repeat my tips; more walking and biking. More " random" walks . Get a step calculator app. Start doing push ups. Even if its 1. And dont worry about half a croissant. Start counting calories just to get a better view on how much is going in.

46 is still a age where you have the power and energy to fix this. Add another ten years and this body type will be harder to change .
Yeah I agree, but less cardio more weights, lifting 4-6 times a week, upping protein and cutting out sugar/processed carbs will see results. But I just didn't want to scare him and give advice I don't think he will take. Making some diet adjustments will also help even if he goes to the gym just 2 times a week.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weight now at 269 lbs, and 41% bf. Highest record weight to date ever. Planning to see a doctor on Tuesday at 10:30am.
If at least 5-10 lbs can be lost before Tuesday and the bf brought below 40% then the appointment will be cancelled.

The Gym I was going to has temporary closed due to a malfunction of the sprinkler systems causing flooding and ruining the gym equipment/carpets, etc... and the alternate locations do not look appealing as they are smaller and have more people on it, which makes it difficult to exercise while socially distancing from other members. I like to feel like I have a whole area to myself when I exercise, and the gym that closed was large enough for that to happen if you went in at stragetic times. This is to help avoid covid transmission. (N95 masks are used to enter and exist the gym and go in common areas as I realize social distancing is not possible in all areas of the gym).

The solution to lose weight fast is as follows:
1) throw away the rest of the chocolate cake slice I bought on my mother's birthday. (thought if I didn't eat the whole slice at once, and eat maybe a spoon of it per day, it would come across as less fat processed per day in terms of daily allowances, etc.. but think I made a tragic miscalculation with that). Could one chocolate cake slice cause 10 lbs of weight gain and mess everything up like that even if I spread it out over a week? That's insane. I'm going to screen-shot it and then carry a pic of it to my doctor's office. This thing might be food poisoning in the context of my problem. My mother also said that was the devil's cake slice. Now I'm really worried about this.

2) drink warm water with molasses

3) take a herbal laxative, eat little the next couple of days and weight-in again on Monday/Tuesday.

Losing 1-2%bf should not be difficult over 40% as the excess weight could be due to water retention or constipation, and salt and fecal weight should be the fastest to go if things are that borderline and drastic.

For the record, there are no crackers. Cereal consisting of no sugar, sweetened with pear juice and consisting of whole grains including, Whole Oat Flour, Pear Juice Concengrate, Brown Rice Flour, Whole Millet, Oat Bran, Barley Malt Extract and Sea Salt mixed with milk/almond milk is the only carbs that I have here. There are no crackers, cookies or anything like that, except that one cake slice that I referenced above.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try fasting for 24h. You could eat lunch today, skip dinner, sleep, and push your breakfast to lunchtime (assuming you eat 3 meals a day).

Your problem is simple, if your brain that needs sortng out.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting will quickly shrink the stomach, which is what OP needs. Overweight people get hungry because they are used to so much food. Once that cycle is broken, it's easier to eat less. People who starve to death only feel hunger the first few days.

Molasses in water? wtf? You don't need sugar in your water.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People who starve to death only feel hunger the first few days.
A Scottish guy fasted for 382 days drinking only water and coffee, he lost 125kg (275lbs) and he kept the weight off.

Fat people just need to stop eating, electrolytes and vitamins until they hit their weight goal.

Not many fat people have the discipline and willpower to stop eating and use their own fat stores for energy.

Hope you try some fasting @corrector you will see results that will motivate you further.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting will quickly shrink the stomach, which is what OP needs. Overweight people get hungry because they are used to so much food. Once that cycle is broken, it's easier to eat less. People who starve to death only feel hunger the first few days.
This is something I can verify. Sometimes at supper I have to get creative to add more calories. Like butter, evoo, nuts, something without volume, but it's a good thing. My normal routine is 1-1/8 meal a day. When you embrace the glory of not needing to jam food in your face all the time life gets Better on many levels.

More proof. My kids & their friends stayed two weeks during the holiday. (It was gluttony, I was In heaven) I was even eating breakfasts:oops:. It took me about a week to unstretch my stomach after they left.

OP. Sorry bro, but it's been a month and you gained weight. YOU ARE NOT taking your health/looks/mojo seriously. Here's what works! Suffer, eat way less than your Body needs every day for a year. I suggest ONE MEAL ONLY. Once you near goal weight start sculpting any muscle loss. Get it In your head not your stomach. Never make excuses, because you're the only one that directs food into your mouth. Leave your parents alone & let them eat.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Scottish guy fasted for 382 days drinking only water and coffee, he lost 125kg (275lbs) and he kept the weight off.

Fat people just need to stop eating, electrolytes and vitamins until they hit their weight goal.

Not many fat people have the discipline and willpower to stop eating and use their own fat stores for energy.

Hope you try some fasting @corrector you will see results that will motivate you further.
FYI, I feel I drank too much at the weekend, last meal was 2pm Sunday, I won't be eating until tomorrow (5pm Tuesday) and I've worked out every day. It's been tough, I can't wait to eat. These things need to be done.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
feeling guilty right now...Just ate a large Dave's Double Combo at The Park.

Imagine seeing a few people work out hard right in front of your face, while your chowing down very fatty food. I should start eating more salads with fruits or something.