Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ego

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the main argument against ego?

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ego is there to "protect" you and your sensitive image of yourself. Ego is the image.
Having an image of yourself is bad already, since you have to know yourself and not just have an image.

When you see a hot woman your instincts immediately say: "Go and approach her stud!"
But then the ego steps in the way: "But what if you fail. It would hurt your image of yourself. You might seem as a loser!"
And the fact is, if you don't try you are already loser who gets nothing.

To become a DJ, it's good to see who you really are first. Dropping that image of yourself (aka ego) you'll get to the bottom where the only way is up. You have to accept who you are at start. 99% guys here are complete wussies at start. Accepting that, they'll easy the process to become something better.

Plus, you know people who have huge ego. The kind who clearly think they are the best and are not. Isn't people like that annoying? I think they are.
Why?
-Because they have an image that they are better than others. And they still only have that image, nothing more.

You've also seen those rare people who don't brag about themselves and are clearly cooler/better/smarter/more successful than other but people absolutely love them.
-Those people don't cheat on themselves having an image of them being great, they have just worked to be what they are and are down to earth about that since they haven't let ego control them.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot Ice gives a really great response. I agree with everything he said. Plus, people with large egos think they know it all and have it all, so they close their minds and never learn or improve.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
Plus, people with large egos think they know it all and have it all, so they close their minds and never learn or improve.
Amen.

That is so true!

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ego-image, whether positive or negative, is the main obstacle to any action in a man's life, as absolutely anything that conflicts with his image of himself, whether it's accurate or not, will be avoided or attacked.

Jariel mentioned guys with huge egos that never learn or improve because they can't accept that they have to; well, the reverse is also true. There are many guys with equally huge but negative egos that never learn or improve because they've got themselves pegged as worthless pieces of sh!t that should've been left to the wolves when they were born - this negative ego-image is also known as the "loser mentality".

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
Ego is a false sense of self importance and a sad waste of energy. If we spent half as much time improving as we did defending ourselves, we'd all be millionaire playboys!

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhh...ok I see. Thanks, I agree with what you guys said. So self-importance and arrogance are results of the ego? I always thought it was good to be a little arrogant.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by October
Ahhh...ok I see. Thanks, I agree with what you guys said. So self-importance and arrogance are results of the ego? I always thought it was good to be a little arrogant.
There's a difference between arrogant and confident.

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-importance and arrogance may go too far. Just value yourself enough to not shy away from doing what's good for you and be damn proud of what you accomplish.

The ego is just the model for a role that you play, a character created by your mind that you forget is just an abstraction. One man's ego could be self-hating and inferiority complex-ed just as easily as another man's ego could be self-important and arrogant.

Last edited:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Visceral
From what I see everyday, self-importance and arrogance are normal human behavior.

The ego is just the model for a role that you play, a character created by your mind that you forget is just an abstraction. A man's ego can just as easily be self-hating and inferiority complex-ed.
I agree with this. The ego is often defined as a sense of self-esteem, but I believe the original definition of the ego is the identity of oneself. It can indeed be negative.

The problem when the ego takes over is that it that it is full of limiting beliefs and restrictions. People get stuck believing they are a certain way and can't change. However, a person with little sense of ego is more open to changes.

Another problem with ego is that it can create a sense of isolation whereas putting your ego aside can really help you adapt and to create an affinity with other people.