Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Eggs

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 or 3 a day. no issues with that, it's good and economical food.

I don't know if it matters; I am very fit. When I was not fit I did not eat eggs often and if I did would feel "heavy" in the gut.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you tried egg whites in a carton? As I stated earlier, maybe pasteurizing them does something to prevent digestive problems.
No but I do not need eggs anymore. Changed my diet so I am ok. I may try it in the future.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never heard of eggs causing digestion problems.

I go through about 24 eggs a week, sometimes more. Eggs are one of the most nutrient dense foods available and they're quite cheap. There is zero reason not to eat them (cholesterol concerns are unwarranted and based on bad science). Even if they're from unhealthy chickens, it's kind of moot since their eggs will still be incredibly nutrient dense.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Question - how many of you eat eggs regularly, and do they ever affect your digestion?

I've been eating boiled eggs to keep my appetite regulated. They help a lot.

Only thing is, once in a while it happens that I'm on the can within a few hours (sometimes more than once). This happened yesterday and today, but hadn't happened in over a week. It seems like one in every ten eggs goes right through me. But I don't feel any nausea or other type of sickness. (Could be lack of fiber?)
Depends...I found out through various elimination diets that egg yolks, specifically, non Cage free egg yolks, caused pretty serious inflammation...

Once I eliminated those and went to Cage free eggs and mostly egg whites I was good to go.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe the yolks is the source of the digestion issues. I have this too when I eat too many whole eggs. Though I drink on average two cups of egg whites a day, and don't have any digestion issues.
.I found out through various elimination diets that egg yolks, specifically, non Cage free egg yolks, caused pretty serious inflammation...
This adds to my suspicions that its the yolks.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've never heard of eggs causing digestion problems.

I go through about 24 eggs a week, sometimes more. Eggs are one of the most nutrient dense foods available and they're quite cheap. There is zero reason not to eat them (cholesterol concerns are unwarranted and based on bad science). Even if they're from unhealthy chickens, it's kind of moot since their eggs will still be incredibly nutrient dense.
Eggs definitely can...ANY food can cause digestion issues depending on the person's body chemistry.

Also eating things every day is NOT a good idea. That is how you end up causing reactivity and chronic inflammation.

What happens is that every time you eat a food, your body produces antibodies against it. Under normal conditions it's no big deal because the levels are very low. When you don't eat the food, the antibodies dissipate over a few days.

However, if you continue to eat the same food day after day, these antibody levels constantly increase as they never have time to dissipate, and eventually they will get to levels where your body treats it as a foreign object it needs to defend against, which then leads to inflammation which becomes chronic if you continue to eat the food. Chronic inflammation is the basis for autoimmune disease, hormone dysfunction and a whole host of other things, almost all of them bad.

I try to practice a food rotation diet which means you eat certain groups of foods on certain days and then rotate into different foods on other days..so at worst, you are eating the same types of foods on only two days a week since there are 4 groups.

Just posting this so you can understand if you continue doing this there is a very high chance you will end up having issues. How long it will take varies from person to person, but at some point it WILL happen.

Also your hypothesis is very very wrong regarding unhealthy chickens. Unhealthy chickens means they have inflammatory cytokines in their eggs which are passed to you. If you eat inflammatory substances from unhealthy animals(ie, unhealthy chickens, non grass fed meat(especially cows), etc), you WILL end up becoming inflamed. The saying you are what you eat was coined for a reason.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eggs definitely can...ANY food can cause digestion issues depending on the person's body chemistry.

Also eating things every day is NOT a good idea. That is how you end up causing reactivity and chronic inflammation.

What happens is that every time you eat a food, your body produces antibodies against it. Under normal conditions it's no big deal because the levels are very low. When you don't eat the food, the antibodies dissipate over a few days.

However, if you continue to eat the same food day after day, these antibody levels constantly increase as they never have time to dissipate, and eventually they will get to levels where your body treats it as a foreign object it needs to defend against, which then leads to inflammation which becomes chronic if you continue to eat the food. Chronic inflammation is the basis for autoimmune disease, hormone dysfunction and a whole host of other things, almost all of them bad.

I try to practice a food rotation diet which means you eat certain groups of foods on certain days and then rotate into different foods on other days..so at worst, you are eating the same types of foods on only two days a week since there are 4 groups.

Just posting this so you can understand if you continue doing this there is a very high chance you will end up having issues. How long it will take varies from person to person, but at some point it WILL happen.
Last I checked, the whole antibody/inflammation response idea about food was at best poorly misunderstood (just like probiotics), at worst a psuedoscience. I happen to think it's the former, but it's way too complex for us to really understand at this moment. A quick search comes up with this article here: https://www.aaaai.org/tools-for-the-public/conditions-library/allergies/igg-food-test. Then again, it's not hard to know which foods effect you negatively, if you have controls in place and don't misattribute foods to other environmental conditions like stress or sleep or whatever.

I certainly believe that there is no one size fits all approach to diet and it's certainly feasible people will respond differently to different things. Hence why some people thrive on a carnivore diet, others may do well on a vegan diet.

I would agree it's probably best to switch your diets around though. Probably should do radical elimination diets periodically to see if you feel better or worse. If nothing changes you can probably assume you are okay.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Last I checked, the whole antibody/inflammation response idea about food was at best poorly misunderstood (just like probiotics), at worst a psuedoscience. I happen to think it's the former, but it's way too complex for us to really understand at this moment. A quick search comes up with this article here: https://www.aaaai.org/tools-for-the-public/conditions-library/allergies/igg-food-test. Then again, it's not hard to know which foods effect you negatively, if you have controls in place and don't misattribute foods to other environmental conditions like stress or sleep or whatever.

I certainly believe that there is no one size fits all approach to diet and it's certainly feasible people will respond differently to different things. Hence why some people thrive on a carnivore diet, others may do well on a vegan diet.

I would agree it's probably best to switch your diets around though. Probably should do radical elimination diets periodically to see if you feel better or worse. If nothing changes you can probably assume you are okay.
I assure you it isn't. Unless you want to discount someone who has been doing this and helping people for 30+ years and has helped tens of thousands of people reverse chronic inflammation and hormonal issues related to food choices. I bought the book, called The Plan, and tried it and identified several foods that were causing me issues.

Egg yolks, potatoes, blueberries, whey protein and a few others. Avoiding those, I dropped weight like it was magic. Something like 25 lbs in 30 days, starting at a point where I was in pretty good shape to begin with.

The food you eat determines the type of bacteria in your gut, which determines whether they are helpful or harmful in regards to chronic inflammation. Feed the wrong bacteria, and you end up in a bad place.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I assure you it isn't. Unless you want to discount someone who has been doing this and helping people for 30+ years and has helped tens of thousands of people reverse chronic inflammation and hormonal issues related to food choices. I bought the book, called The Plan, and tried it and identified several foods that were causing me issues.

Egg yolks, potatoes, blueberries, whey protein and a few others. Avoiding those, I dropped weight like it was magic. Something like 25 lbs in 30 days, starting at a point where I was in pretty good shape to begin with.

The food you eat determines the type of bacteria in your gut, which determines whether they are helpful or harmful in regards to chronic inflammation. Feed the wrong bacteria, and you end up in a bad place.
I am not saying what you're talking about isn't true, but that we don't really understand it at all.

I lost 15 lbs of pure fat when I did a carnivote+OMAD diet, despite only being 175lbs, and despite doing zero exercise (this was in 2020 during the lockdowns). Most of the fat I lost was the subcutaneous fat and bloating around my abdomen/chest, which seems to plague many people. I also basically cured my IBS-like symptoms and brain fog which I'm sure were both related to inflammation.

So I absolutely think elimination diets are the way to go. But beyond that I do not think we understand much about what a healthy gut microbiome is supposed to look like, nor do we really understand why certain foods may cause inflammatory response for some people, but not others, since there everyones body chemistry is different. All you can really do is go off how you feel/look, which is subject to error sometimes - that was my only point.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to cook 12 eggs a day. 1 yoke, all tge egg whites. Now have 450ml of liquid egg white a day. Sometimes cooked, sometimes straight in a shaker. 10 years roughly now since I started with eggs like that. Never had digestive or constipation issues.

I eat plenty of brocoli, spinach, green beans and oats amongst other things. Never had constipation or digestive issues.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was living off egg sandwiches for years.

Turns out a grilled cheese, with eggs and bacon, is extremely hard to beat.

Add sautéed onions and jalapeno peppers, for extra flavor and kick.

Use real butter.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was living off egg sandwiches for years.

Turns out a grilled cheese, with eggs and bacon, is extremely hard to beat.

Add sautéed onions and jalapeno peppers, for extra flavor and kick.

Use real butter.
I make those from time to time, usually sans bacon though. And I'm an olive oil guy - though once in a while I'll do butter.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Sam,
This is a very good post....Several of your respondents assure us that their Cholesterol Levels are just fine on a diet heavy in Eggs...Seems different people have different reactions...One of my Asian Lady Friends had very bad Cholesterol levels,the only thing she was eating that could be meaningfully removed was Eggs maybe six a week...She stopped eating them and Hey Presto her readings dropped quite markedly...As A Kid Mum would assure us that loose bowels could be stiffened up by eating Eggs and that is what I find,yet you a similar Genetic type have a completely different experience?...Don't know what conclusions to derive,but I only have a couple of Yolks a week,just to be on the safe side.

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat six a day and have for many years. My numbers are good and I am pretty fit and lean.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very regularly, usually with tabasco and I fit them into other things. I def up the fats and cholesterol.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eggs generally improve cholesterol numbers. Total may go up, along with “good” (HDL) cholesterol. The particle size increases, which is so far understood to be benign. I have naturally borderline high cholesterol and since eating 6+ eggs per week my total cholesterol actually went down.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Sam,
This is a very good post....Several of your respondents assure us that their Cholesterol Levels are just fine on a diet heavy in Eggs...Seems different people have different reactions...One of my Asian Lady Friends had very bad Cholesterol levels,the only thing she was eating that could be meaningfully removed was Eggs maybe six a week...She stopped eating them and Hey Presto her readings dropped quite markedly...As A Kid Mum would assure us that loose bowels could be stiffened up by eating Eggs and that is what I find,yet you a similar Genetic type have a completely different experience?...Don't know what conclusions to derive,but I only have a couple of Yolks a week,just to be on the safe side.
Yep, on occasion I have a negative bowel reaction to eggs. However for years and years I didn't eat them often. Now I think my body is getting more used to them and the problems aren't as frequent. It did happen to me last week, the egg wasn't fully cooked (I like it that way, sigh). But overall they've been helping me and my bathroom alert incident rate has been going down.

Eggs generally improve cholesterol numbers. Total may go up, along with “good” (HDL) cholesterol. The particle size increases, which is so far understood to be benign. I have naturally borderline high cholesterol and since eating 6+ eggs per week my total cholesterol actually went down.
That's interesting. I'm guessing it's because it reduces cravings and you eat less salty/greasy stuff. Yeah for years they told us eggs are laden with bad cholesterol. When it comes to natural/organic foods, I've tuned out "studies" because they flip every year. Anything digestible that hasn't been processed is going to do more good than bad.