Because John E has terrible hand-eye coordinationOriginally posted by Best friends? NAY
umm Jon E....why shouldn't men play alot of video games?
BTW: what's a "cougar girl"???
You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.
She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.
Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.
Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.
Because John E has terrible hand-eye coordinationOriginally posted by Best friends? NAY
umm Jon E....why shouldn't men play alot of video games?
Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.
Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers. Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.
I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.
That was a jab at Kevin. Click the "WWW" at the bottom of his post. Im an automotive painter so yes, I have excellent eye hand coordination, I just think its a little silly for a grown man to still be playing video games.Originally posted by Best friends? NAY
umm Jon E....why shouldn't men play alot of video games?
You can look and dress any way you want - as long as it's pragmatic, I don't see a problem with it - and in this case, some women LIKE soft hands on men.Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
The issue is not about 'hand creme', the issue is about th e mindset behind it! Of course you should use lotion if your face and hands are dry, but to use it because you want your hands to look pretty and soft - well, that is what women do. Everyday women do a ritual of lotions and face creams for the purpose of trying to look young and pretty and soft for the men!!!!
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.
Originally posted by wolfie
00Kevin, you seem obsessed with the 'image' of how a man must present himself in your culture - which is all you really are describing, your culture.
Putting on hand cream does not make you any less strong or masculine, if you equate the two. Your recalcitrance and unacceptance of this issue hints at quite an insecurity. Who the hell cares if some metro guy uses hand cream? Is it in any way detrimental to him? Is it impractical in any way? Or does he just have to have rough hands to conform with your perceptions of 'the way things should be'.
I think masculinity is summed up very well in this article -
http://www.claremont.org/writings/crb/winter2003/moore.html
The concept of "Thumos" , or manly passions is a good description of what REALLY makes a strong, masculine man, not superficial manifestations like 'having rough hands', wearing a wife beater, driving a pickup truck or whatever the hell you're thinking of. Manliness is determined by the convictions and assertiveness with which you think and act, not playing at trying to LOOK like what your culture perceives a man to be. In this respect, homosexuals can be manly too as long as they act with strength and conviction.
I'm just kidding man, sorry. Anyways what the hell is a "cougar girl"??????Originally posted by Jon E
That was a jab at Kevin. Click the "WWW" at the bottom of his post. Im an automotive painter so yes, I have excellent eye hand coordination, I just think its a little silly for a grown man to still be playing video games.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
Eh, the eucalyptus and lavender kinda puts it over the edge.Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
I'm maybe not a MAN since I'm only 21 but I have handlotion, bodylotion, exfoliatingcream, facial-lotion and a special one to prevent blue-bags underneath my eyes.
Not to mention how I enjoy long bubblebaths when I'm home visiting my parents where I use several different eucalyptus and lavendel oils.
Damn I wonder if that makes me less of a man...
not much of jab anyway.. that isn't a link to any video game. you must be really dumbOriginally posted by Jon E
That was a jab at Kevin. Click the "WWW" at the bottom of his post. Im an automotive painter so yes, I have excellent eye hand coordination, I just think its a little silly for a grown man to still be playing video games.
ThanxOriginally posted by dietzcoi
I think a "cougar" is an older (30s-40s) never been married woman...
SOmebody please confirm
Dietzcoi
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
ThanxOriginally posted by Austin Allegro
It's a north American term for a predatory older woman, generally one who hits on younger men, I think. Usually just getting past it in terms of attractiveness.
If you told me all of that to my face, then I'd say you were less of a man... to your face. Anyone who does all of that just to look hot for chicks needs to be kicked. Do it for yourself, sure... do it for chicks, NO.Originally posted by backbreaker
I am the most marticulous person I know when it comes to the way I look... I shave every day, use facial cream, get manicures, get my eyebrows arched and a couple of other things, and i'll be damned if anyone would call me anything less than a man to my face.
When I go out and public, I don't look around for woman, I KNOW they are looking at me. I dont' have to wonder if woman find me attractive, I put so much thought into my apperence that I KNOW that a woman is looking at me and thinking that he takes care of his body, must be a clean guy overall...
thank you thank you MF. I guess he will be damned now.Originally posted by MetalFortress
If you told me all of that to my face, then I'd say you were less of a man... to your face. Anyone who does all of that just to look hot for chicks needs to be kicked. Do it for yourself, sure... do it for chicks, NO.
cut your own nailsOriginally posted by TheInfamousCBear
I dont get them, but No pedicure = fukked up looking hands
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.