Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Drained from a toxic work environment, anyone else been there?

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been at my job for a few years and this year, we got a new manager. The work environment has become more toxic and petty but I am noticing that it is impacting my day to day. For one, I have to force myself out of bed every morning while the past few years, this was never the case. I find myself wasting more time during the work day on Youtube videos and being off task which is not something I used to do much.

Sometimes, I have to get in myself mentally right when I do anything relating to women and dating because I am so beatdown from the day itself. It's not somewhere I have been before mentally. I used to love this job so much but the new manager is so petty and plays favorites while keeping so much information from me that I am starting to hate it here. It's just spilling over to other areas of my life too now.

Anyone else been there? Anyone else find it tough to dissociate from work even when you are done?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check around and see if anyone else in equally unhappy about it, either case consider an escape plan.

Best thing is when enough people in annoyed and productivity decrease so your new "boss" gets removed from his.

spred

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can relate, your only solution is to find another job. I had an similar manager for 4 years, after 3 I was speaking with myself at home, had panic attacks. My last panic attack was en route to the new job.
I am drama free (work related) since then.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been at my job for a few years and this year, we got a new manager. The work environment has become more toxic and petty but I am noticing that it is impacting my day to day. For one, I have to force myself out of bed every morning while the past few years, this was never the case. I find myself wasting more time during the work day on Youtube videos and being off task which is not something I used to do much.

Sometimes, I have to get in myself mentally right when I do anything relating to women and dating because I am so beatdown from the day itself. It's not somewhere I have been before mentally. I used to love this job so much but the new manager is so petty and plays favorites while keeping so much information from me that I am starting to hate it here. It's just spilling over to other areas of my life too now.

Anyone else been there? Anyone else find it tough to dissociate from work even when you are done?
I'd stop caring and check out mentally. Jobs are nothing more than a means to an end.

Do the bare minimum to not get fired (you'd be surprised how unwilling most companies are to fire bottom performers) and look for other jobs.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What @Çharismo said; find a new job that is better.
No point of being in place that you don't like. It will drain your heart and soul.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Mental health over anything. Always keep that in mind. No job, woman, money, etc, etc is worth your mental health.

Start taking steps to either land another job or take the next step if you've ever wanted to do your own thing or advance professionally.

Modern Man Advice

Reaction score
Did three years of misery.
Had nightmares it was so bad.
Even after they kicked me out (I stayed out of spite)
Had nightmares off and on for a couple of more years.
Find another job buddy, life's too short.
Coming home angry to your significant other is a huge redflag.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bro get out!!
Between 2012-2016 I was making the most money but also hated the job I was doing.I loathed it,the work environment was toxic because management loved it that way (they encouraged competition between salesmen) a lot of people did a lot of shady things to meet their numbers and personally, I just couldn't do it

God did me a favor by me getting laid of, I put on 100 puts lost 50 still losing more and this was over 6 years ago!

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mental health over anything. Always keep that in mind. No job, woman, money, etc, etc is worth your mental health.

Start taking steps to either land another job or take the next step if you've ever wanted to do your own thing or advance professionally.

Modern Man Advice
^^Totally agree, worked a job I hated for 4 years my mental health was in a toxic place,

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You have to make your life the priority and the job as a supplement. Also look for better environment. But until then live a fulfilling life outside work. Your mental health depends upon it.