Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does seeming gay help with the ladies?

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I tell my friends about some chick that approached me, they'll shoot back, "She probably thinks you're gay." Or something like, "That's cuz you look safe."

I'm very picky, so I don't automatically go for any cute girl that I think is into me. It's annoying that people think I'm gay!

I've had girls tell me, "You're very pretty." I work as a cashier and I get complimented on my teeth on a daily basis, and the women will say, "I'm not flirting with you, I'm married, but you have such beautiful teeth." I'll admit my wardrobe is sometimes a bit on the metrosexual side (I do have a thing for designer clothing).

Could you still be able to get women even though you look a bit on the gay side, but are completely straight? I'm kind of worried that what my friends say is true. That maybe the women see me as a girlfriend....

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you might need to speak louder... i didn't hear you all the way inside that closet.

just get some game. i doubt your friends have females approaching them? you don't have to pretend to be gay, but you can laugh it off and joke about it (as if it didn't bother you).

i have a question though.

if you were stayed at a gay guys house and your poo-chute hurt... would you ask someone why it hurts?

Pro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you kidding? of course you can get chicks and look a bit gay.

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, when I bring up the fact that I get approached by women, and they can't even name a single time a girl approached them, they just bring up the whole, "Cuz you're gay." Bull****.

I have noticed that those metrosexual looking guys get a lot of girls on them. I guess it can't hurt to kinda look like one of them.

Canadian Catnip

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ChapStick said:
the women will say, "I'm not flirting with you, I'm married, but you have such beautiful teeth."
Say. "All the better to bite you with."

jd782

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know it's funny. I'm 33 now. When I was a teen, and early 20's. People thought I was kinda gay. Or at least not masculine. I guess being raised by my mother and having sister. And no real male influence. And I had a ton of female friends. Not many serious girl friends though.

But then I served 6 years in the Army and it made me tough. And I found, I seemed to scare women off because I had developed a cold exterior. I've been told I scare people. I've been told I look intense and mean. But I don't think I could "gay" it up even if I wanted to.

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jd782 said:
You know it's funny. I'm 33 now. When I was a teen, and early 20's. People thought I was kinda gay. Or at least not masculine. I guess being raised by my mother and having sister. And no real male influence. And I had a ton of female friends. Not many serious girl friends though.

But then I served 6 years in the Army and it made me tough. And I found, I seemed to scare women off because I had developed a cold exterior. I've been told I scare people. I've been told I look intense and mean. But I don't think I could "gay" it up even if I wanted to.
So you had more success when you were less masculine? Interesting.

Anyone else been noticing the same?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You told your friends that a girl was interested and they say "she thinks you're gay".

Good buddies!

Reaction score
Tell her you are BI and you want to experiment with women.. maybe it could work? But i'm not willing to go that route.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all... Don't act gay! Be a man! Embrace your sexuality. Unless you want to be her girlfriend.

Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
First of all... Don't act gay! Be a man! Embrace your sexuality. Unless you want to be her girlfriend.

He's trying to play the gay card that's the point of this thread.

When all else fails, it could work, I have seen women wanting to hump gay guys.

Rashad

Don Juan
Reaction score
wanting and doing are two different things. if we have learned one thing its woman do NOT know what they want. So when they say they want a gay guy, it is truly because of his keen fashion sense. I doubt the lisp and limp wrist is bringing out their primal urges.

oneshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I found that ever since I started to look more "feminine" by putting on more fashionable and stylish (and therefore gay) clothes, the number of girls who approach me went from like one/two (Sad. yeah) to ten or twenty :), or at least, they do seem to be a lot more interested.

Still working out real hard and am by far the most muscular guy in school... so I definately have that masculine reputation...and can dress more gay without anyone ever calling me that-so i guess its a good balance :up:

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Noob said:
exactly what i was thinking. your friends are fags... get new friends who accept you for who you are.. dont let their stupid 'gay' comments get to you man, of course femnine men can get women,,,, just accept yourself and be the best you can be... dont change for anyone but yourself. next time they make a sligh comment make sure they know you dont fvcking appretiate it man.
Thanks man! It's about time I've stood up for myself.

Reaction score
oneshot said:
I found that ever since I started to look more "feminine" by putting on more fashionable and stylish (and therefore gay) clothes, the number of girls who approach me went from like one/two (Sad. yeah) to ten or twenty :), or at least, they do seem to be a lot more interested.

Wearing stylish clothes means you MAY not be the usual AFC nothing to do with gay. Look how many guys walk around looking like inspector gadget every day.

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
Wearing stylish clothes means you MAY not be the usual AFC nothing to do with gay. Look how many guys walk around looking like inspector gadget every day.
I find that the way you dress attracts a certain kind of girl. Dressing preppy gets you one kind of girl while dressing ghetto will attract another.

A lot of very attractive women are around men who dress very stylishly and do seem a bit on the metrosexual side.

I'm guessing from the responses here that being either feminine or masculine can help you pick up women depending on how you present yourself. Too masculine, and you'll scare girls away. Too feminine, and girls will think of you as their girlfriend (end up using you as their emotional tampon).

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My old hairdresser in San Francisco had a "system". He'd pretend to be gay, tell his clients that he'd "tried it once...and it was awful". Naturally women would rise to the challenge and take him to bed for a nice time! He told me that he had slept with quite a few clients as well as several stylists.

It worked for him....might work for you.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is alleged that the PUA Tyler Durden has made out with his male friends before in order to lower a chick's shield at a nightclub.

In his defense, this is not as gay as doing magic tricks.