Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do any of you guys have interest in philosophy?

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Copying regurgitated data?

Just for clarification...

Scribe: a person who copies out documents, especially one employed to do this before printing was invented. (Historical)

Similar: clerk, secretary or copyist.

For the record, I posted examples that others can see and evaluate for themselves. You regurgitated copied data. All funneled through assertion. Making assumptions and not backing them up with actual observations misleads people. This is the problem with pseudo science. Not one actual reproducible experiment exists to demonstrate. All rhetoric.

I will not tell you what to think. Go forth. You are dismissed.
Its philosophy numbnuts. I respect your mental fortitude here and your recommendation to live life but the bars are closed and besides that I am doing some introspective work and figuring out a worldview.

In the mean time you've made the claim we as human beings are the only beings in the planet with free will and offer no proof besides the fact we build houses. Here. Let me offer counter-proof.

I assume you have the intelligence to understand what I am asserting.

We build houses like the fish makes its thing there because of our DNA. We have evolved ego's in order to cope with the increasingly complex nature of our lives but that doesnt mean there is no determinism. You have not proven me wrong.

Duff55

Don Juan
Reaction score

Here is a channel about the illusion called life:

**** $
No apparent reason for me answering to this post of yours, just wanted to respond to you,
Free will or Determinism, what difference does it really make for our lives?
I suppose our view of it makes a lot of difference, or not really if determinism is the case, who knows, but in the end I think one should live in accordance to belief in free will, in delusion or not, because difference for me seems to not be there, I mean we are over simplifying it but if u believe in free will and it turns out to be true, good for you, if not, nothing u could have done about it, on the other hand belief in determinism seems to be able to harm one if it is not the case, and if it is again no difference about it, so in the end even if determinism might be the truth, isnt it better to live life as free will is the case?

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a keen interest in philosophy of science & religion.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the meaning of philosophy?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I drink, therefore I am.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Been big on philosophy and psychology my whole life..i feel like its improved my understanding of life and people to a great extent.

Most people see guys like me and think were jus dumb alpha males who are just one track minded. I think that most alpha males who have alot of success and understanding have focused on subjects most people find boring.. but you wouldnt think it by looking at them.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No apparent reason for me answering to this post of yours, just wanted to respond to you,
Free will or Determinism, what difference does it really make for our lives?
I suppose our view of it makes a lot of difference, or not really if determinism is the case, who knows, but in the end I think one should live in accordance to belief in free will, in delusion or not, because difference for me seems to not be there, I mean we are over simplifying it but if u believe in free will and it turns out to be true, good for you, if not, nothing u could have done about it, on the other hand belief in determinism seems to be able to harm one if it is not the case, and if it is again no difference about it, so in the end even if determinism might be the truth, isnt it better to live life as free will is the case?
From an unbiased perspective, one could argue that death may be preferable to life. If living as though free will does not exist ultimately leads to death, then it could be considered a positive outcome from this particular viewpoint.

One argument that connects the belief in free will with expectations and happiness is that having lower expectations can make it more likely that an outcome will exceed those expectations and have a positive impact on happiness. If one believes that free will is an illusion and that their choices are ultimately determined by factors beyond their control, they may have lower expectations for their ability to control the outcomes of their decisions. This could potentially lead to greater happiness when outcomes exceed their expectations.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the meaning of philosophy?
Philosophy is the study of big questions about life, the world, and our place in it. It helps us to think more clearly and deeply about important topics like happiness and expectations. By using reason and logic, philosophy can help us to better understand the world and make informed decisions about how to live our lives.

Duff55

Don Juan
Reaction score
From an unbiased perspective, one could argue that death may be preferable to life. If living as though free will does not exist ultimately leads to death, then it could be considered a positive outcome from this particular viewpoint.

One argument that connects the belief in free will with expectations and happiness is that having lower expectations can make it more likely that an outcome will exceed those expectations and have a positive impact on happiness. If one believes that free will is an illusion and that their choices are ultimately determined by factors beyond their control, they may have lower expectations for their ability to control the outcomes of their decisions. This could potentially lead to greater happiness when outcomes exceed their expectations.
One could also probably find more satisfaction in his achievements if he believed them to be caused by his free will and action, and not out of his own control, but your argument makes sense as well, preferences I guess

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So the meaning of philosophy isn't to obfuscate and troll?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So the meaning of philosophy isn't to obfuscate and troll?
99% of philosophers after the 20th century are completely worthless and they are purely academic and semantic, they have nothing original to say, and if they do at best it's irony/satire and post-modernistic nihilism, because they have no real insight or knowledge.

The best philosophy, ie life philosophy is to be found in ancient Greece, Rome, and in the East (Taoism and Zen, though written works is almost antithetical to their message).

There are were still a handful of top shelf philosophers from the Enlightment and Modernist era too such as Locke, Kant, the founding fathers, Hume, and Kierkegaard, The last great philosopher was probably Nietzsche.

Last edited:

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
99% of philosophers after the 20th century are completely worthless and they are purely academic and semantic, they have nothing original to say, and if they do at best it's irony/satire and post-modernistic nihilism, because they have no real insight or knowledge.

The best philosophy, ie life philosophy is to be found in ancient Greece, Rome, and in the East (Taoism and Zen, though written works is almost antithetical to their message).

There are were still a handful of top shelf philosophers from the Enlightment and Modernist era too such as Locke, Kant, the founding fathers, Hume, and Kierkegaard, The last great philosopher was probably Nietzsche.
From a certain point of view, natural sciences can be considered a branch of philosophy. In that sense, one could argue that there is still progress being made in the field of philosophy.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that should be said again:

' Schopenhauer recommends the disposition of asceticism as the solution of the constant suffering and striving of the human condition. With asceticism one tries to break the never-ending circle of the will by renunciation, resignation, and denial of the will-to-live'

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't remember where I read this, but I heard a valid critique of asceticism recently. Basically, the idea of asceticism rejects the "good" things in life, by claiming they are not worthwhile (or even antithetical) to happiness/enlightenment, or whatever. Yet, by rejecting these "good" things, it demonstrates that they still have power over you. How can you claim to be enlightened when you're so afraid of pleasure that you avoid it completely? Framing desire as undesirable is a fools errand because you simply end up in a perpetual state of desiring to not-desire.

What I like about Stoicism is that it doesn't prevent you from enjoying what life has the offer. They basically say to enjoy what life has to offer, but don't cling to it or seek it out. This once again mirrors a Zen Buddhist concept called Samarasa - "one taste", basically treating all life experiences with equanimity of mind.

That said, I do strongly believe in minimalism, so there's a balance. But I don't believe asceticism is a comprehensive life-philosophy.

Last edited: