Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Divorce, 50/50?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not true. It's specifically spelled out in writing. Each party has attorneys and the document is signed and notarized (preferably recorded on video too). It's as solid as cohabs get.
Maybe but judges overrule prenups that have been done the same way all the time so this would be no different

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Maybe but judges overrule prenups that have been done the same way all the time so this would be no different
Again, I stated that as well. However, a cohabitation agreement and irevocable trusts, which are properly done by an experienced attorney are not thrown out of courts. The powers that be would not allow something like that to happen as it would affect them and their assets. Thus, those two items, again, if done correctly, are able to protect assets.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just don't sign the marriage contract and do not live in the home w/o a cohab agreement and people should be fine. After that, each have their own accounts, with one account for joint bills.
It's sort of a double edged sword. On one end, I agree. The other side is that if you do live together, she is paying a part of your mortgage and is supporting the home. I believe that she should be entitled to some amount of equity that is gained while living there. I'm not saying half or even a huge amount, but a portion.

For example, say you buy a $hithole and plan to fix it up. The lady moves in. While you're doing the work, she is likely cleaning, cooking, possibly even helping with the work. She is providing the man with more time and resources to get the improvements done. I don't think it's unreasonable for her to get a portion of the equity if the house were sold. Most here likely won't agree, but to me, it seems reasonable and fair...

RickTheToad

Reaction score
It's sort of a double edged sword. On one end, I agree. The other side is that if you do live together, she is paying a part of your mortgage and is supporting the home. I believe that she should be entitled to some amount of equity that is gained while living there. I'm not saying half or even a huge amount, but a portion.

For example, say you buy a $hithole and plan to fix it up. The lady moves in. While you're doing the work, she is likely cleaning, cooking, possibly even helping with the work. She is providing the man with more time and resources to get the improvements done. I don't think it's unreasonable for her to get a portion of the equity if the house were sold. Most here likely won't agree, but to me, it seems reasonable and fair...
It depends on what the agreement says. When my ex-wife lived with me, I made her pay rent and food; while I paid for everything else. She attempted to take ownership in my townhouse, but it was rejected. We didn't have a pre-nup or co-hab agreement, but I kept everything separate and we never had a joint checking account (she refused). So, there you go. If we had kids, I am sure it would had been a battle and a a half.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on what the agreement says. When my ex-wife lived with me, I made her pay rent and food; while I paid for everything else. She attempted to take ownership in my townhouse, but it was rejected. We didn't have a pre-nup or co-hab agreement, but I kept everything separate and we never had a joint checking account (she refused). So, there you go. If we had kids, I am sure it would had been a battle and a a half.
You had other issues in that situation with her "trying to take control"..?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You had other issues in that situation with her "trying to take control"..?
She tried, but failed. I threw her butt out of my townhouse so fast it wasn't funny. Actually, I just told her it was a "break" so we can both work on ourselves and the marriage. I did this at the advice from my atty to get her to leave voluntarily. The whole process wasn't fun. Rather just get another lady if I was faced with marriage again. I've already walked away from to ladies who wanted marriage. Once around the merry-go-round with the kang-a-roo court is enough for me.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She tried, but failed. I threw her butt out of my townhouse so fast it wasn't funny. Actually, I just told her it was a "break" so we can both work on ourselves and the marriage. I did this at the advice from my atty to get her to leave voluntarily. The whole process wasn't fun. Rather just get another lady if I was faced with marriage again. I've already walked away from to ladies who wanted marriage. Once around the merry-go-round with the kang-a-roo court is enough for me.
You had massive success after you ditched that albatross? It's incredible that many of them fashion themselves to be a boat anchor or a point of pain, strife and loss for a man... This is what they desire to do. Incredible...