Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Divorce, 50/50?

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything you've acquired before the marriage is yours... As long as you keep it separate. I'm in California.

Most men get mixed up with putting her name on property, vehicles, etc. A spouse has no business even requesting that they be put on their partners property acquired before marriage as you can leave it to them in a trust of you choose. Inheritances and gifts are also yours as long as you keep them separate. For example, my dad gave us 20k to help with a house down payment and I got that back.

They will be entitled to the gain of property value if you guys live in the house and are jointly paying into it. I would recommend keeping your property, buying a new house with your spouse, and renting out your place. Another option is having her pay you "rent" if she lives at your place. Lots of strategies to protect yourself outside of the dreadful request of a prenup.

First and foremost is the goal of resolving without the courts making the decision for you...
Just don't sign the marriage contract and do not live in the home w/o a cohab agreement and people should be fine. After that, each have their own accounts, with one account for joint bills.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How did I get dragged into this? :D

The courts don't give a fvck about what happened before marriage. Everything you had while together is considered to be accumulated together. When you split, you're supposed to divide everything 50/50 even of the bytch didnt put any money into the life you shared.

That's why I urge anyone who separates to sit down with the bytch and hammer out a separation agreement. That will hold up in court better than any whining and complaining will..
I urge anyone looking for a wife choose one from a society that still has a patriaricle society were men are still men. Not from the feminized culture. Or dont marry at all.

BackInTheGame78

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not true. It's specifically spelled out in writing. Each party has attorneys and the document is signed and notarized (preferably recorded on video too). It's as solid as cohabs get.
Maybe but judges overrule prenups that have been done the same way all the time so this would be no different

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe but judges overrule prenups that have been done the same way all the time so this would be no different
Again, I stated that as well. However, a cohabitation agreement and irevocable trusts, which are properly done by an experienced attorney are not thrown out of courts. The powers that be would not allow something like that to happen as it would affect them and their assets. Thus, those two items, again, if done correctly, are able to protect assets.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just don't sign the marriage contract and do not live in the home w/o a cohab agreement and people should be fine. After that, each have their own accounts, with one account for joint bills.
It's sort of a double edged sword. On one end, I agree. The other side is that if you do live together, she is paying a part of your mortgage and is supporting the home. I believe that she should be entitled to some amount of equity that is gained while living there. I'm not saying half or even a huge amount, but a portion.

For example, say you buy a $hithole and plan to fix it up. The lady moves in. While you're doing the work, she is likely cleaning, cooking, possibly even helping with the work. She is providing the man with more time and resources to get the improvements done. I don't think it's unreasonable for her to get a portion of the equity if the house were sold. Most here likely won't agree, but to me, it seems reasonable and fair...

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's sort of a double edged sword. On one end, I agree. The other side is that if you do live together, she is paying a part of your mortgage and is supporting the home. I believe that she should be entitled to some amount of equity that is gained while living there. I'm not saying half or even a huge amount, but a portion.

For example, say you buy a $hithole and plan to fix it up. The lady moves in. While you're doing the work, she is likely cleaning, cooking, possibly even helping with the work. She is providing the man with more time and resources to get the improvements done. I don't think it's unreasonable for her to get a portion of the equity if the house were sold. Most here likely won't agree, but to me, it seems reasonable and fair...
It depends on what the agreement says. When my ex-wife lived with me, I made her pay rent and food; while I paid for everything else. She attempted to take ownership in my townhouse, but it was rejected. We didn't have a pre-nup or co-hab agreement, but I kept everything separate and we never had a joint checking account (she refused). So, there you go. If we had kids, I am sure it would had been a battle and a a half.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on what the agreement says. When my ex-wife lived with me, I made her pay rent and food; while I paid for everything else. She attempted to take ownership in my townhouse, but it was rejected. We didn't have a pre-nup or co-hab agreement, but I kept everything separate and we never had a joint checking account (she refused). So, there you go. If we had kids, I am sure it would had been a battle and a a half.
You had other issues in that situation with her "trying to take control"..?

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You had other issues in that situation with her "trying to take control"..?
She tried, but failed. I threw her butt out of my townhouse so fast it wasn't funny. Actually, I just told her it was a "break" so we can both work on ourselves and the marriage. I did this at the advice from my atty to get her to leave voluntarily. The whole process wasn't fun. Rather just get another lady if I was faced with marriage again. I've already walked away from to ladies who wanted marriage. Once around the merry-go-round with the kang-a-roo court is enough for me.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She tried, but failed. I threw her butt out of my townhouse so fast it wasn't funny. Actually, I just told her it was a "break" so we can both work on ourselves and the marriage. I did this at the advice from my atty to get her to leave voluntarily. The whole process wasn't fun. Rather just get another lady if I was faced with marriage again. I've already walked away from to ladies who wanted marriage. Once around the merry-go-round with the kang-a-roo court is enough for me.
You had massive success after you ditched that albatross? It's incredible that many of them fashion themselves to be a boat anchor or a point of pain, strife and loss for a man... This is what they desire to do. Incredible...