"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Divorce, 50/50?

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,866
Reaction score
19,094
Not true. It's specifically spelled out in writing. Each party has attorneys and the document is signed and notarized (preferably recorded on video too). It's as solid as cohabs get.
Maybe but judges overrule prenups that have been done the same way all the time so this would be no different
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Maybe but judges overrule prenups that have been done the same way all the time so this would be no different
Again, I stated that as well. However, a cohabitation agreement and irevocable trusts, which are properly done by an experienced attorney are not thrown out of courts. The powers that be would not allow something like that to happen as it would affect them and their assets. Thus, those two items, again, if done correctly, are able to protect assets.
 

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
Just don't sign the marriage contract and do not live in the home w/o a cohab agreement and people should be fine. After that, each have their own accounts, with one account for joint bills.
It's sort of a double edged sword. On one end, I agree. The other side is that if you do live together, she is paying a part of your mortgage and is supporting the home. I believe that she should be entitled to some amount of equity that is gained while living there. I'm not saying half or even a huge amount, but a portion.

For example, say you buy a $hithole and plan to fix it up. The lady moves in. While you're doing the work, she is likely cleaning, cooking, possibly even helping with the work. She is providing the man with more time and resources to get the improvements done. I don't think it's unreasonable for her to get a portion of the equity if the house were sold. Most here likely won't agree, but to me, it seems reasonable and fair...
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
It's sort of a double edged sword. On one end, I agree. The other side is that if you do live together, she is paying a part of your mortgage and is supporting the home. I believe that she should be entitled to some amount of equity that is gained while living there. I'm not saying half or even a huge amount, but a portion.

For example, say you buy a $hithole and plan to fix it up. The lady moves in. While you're doing the work, she is likely cleaning, cooking, possibly even helping with the work. She is providing the man with more time and resources to get the improvements done. I don't think it's unreasonable for her to get a portion of the equity if the house were sold. Most here likely won't agree, but to me, it seems reasonable and fair...
It depends on what the agreement says. When my ex-wife lived with me, I made her pay rent and food; while I paid for everything else. She attempted to take ownership in my townhouse, but it was rejected. We didn't have a pre-nup or co-hab agreement, but I kept everything separate and we never had a joint checking account (she refused). So, there you go. If we had kids, I am sure it would had been a battle and a a half.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
It depends on what the agreement says. When my ex-wife lived with me, I made her pay rent and food; while I paid for everything else. She attempted to take ownership in my townhouse, but it was rejected. We didn't have a pre-nup or co-hab agreement, but I kept everything separate and we never had a joint checking account (she refused). So, there you go. If we had kids, I am sure it would had been a battle and a a half.
You had other issues in that situation with her "trying to take control"..?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
You had other issues in that situation with her "trying to take control"..?
She tried, but failed. I threw her butt out of my townhouse so fast it wasn't funny. Actually, I just told her it was a "break" so we can both work on ourselves and the marriage. I did this at the advice from my atty to get her to leave voluntarily. The whole process wasn't fun. Rather just get another lady if I was faced with marriage again. I've already walked away from to ladies who wanted marriage. Once around the merry-go-round with the kang-a-roo court is enough for me.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
She tried, but failed. I threw her butt out of my townhouse so fast it wasn't funny. Actually, I just told her it was a "break" so we can both work on ourselves and the marriage. I did this at the advice from my atty to get her to leave voluntarily. The whole process wasn't fun. Rather just get another lady if I was faced with marriage again. I've already walked away from to ladies who wanted marriage. Once around the merry-go-round with the kang-a-roo court is enough for me.
You had massive success after you ditched that albatross? It's incredible that many of them fashion themselves to be a boat anchor or a point of pain, strife and loss for a man... This is what they desire to do. Incredible...
 
Top