Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Did you notice a decrease of sleep quality with age?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The older I get the lighter my sleep is.

I recall when I was a kid I felt asleep watching tv or slept with lights on while know even the red dot from the tv bothers me as much as any minor noise nearby from the walls.

Also I dont recall the last time I felt asleep unwillingly.

returnofpigman

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I cut back on drinking I sleep better. I tend to watch Netflix before sleeping (mostly foreign stuff with subtitles so I am reading at the same time). I have an advantage for external stimuli because I have at least 40% hearing loss. Try using ear plugs and see if you can tell the TV to dump the red dot or put tape over it. You have to find a way to wind your brain down. If you are thinking too much, you won’t sleep.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I recall when I was a kid I felt asleep watching tv or slept with lights on while know even the red dot from the tv bothers me as much as any minor noise nearby from the walls.

May I know how old you are now?

I crave the feeling of falling asleep at noon on the couch without worrying about my life.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Late 30s.
37 here.

I have major broken sleep, wake up every hour, then I freaking fall asleep properly when its time to get up around 8am. unbelievable.

Ive recently removed caffeine and put a silk blanket bunched all round and over my pillows(so my head feels like its literally in/surrounded by clouds)

Ive deffo slept better this last week

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 31. Do you guys have any advice for me in terms of health?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
37 here.

I have major broken sleep, wake up every hour, then I freaking fall asleep properly when its time to get up around 8am. unbelievable.

Ive recently removed caffeine and put a silk blanket bunched all round and over my pillows(so my head feels like its literally in/surrounded by clouds)

Ive deffo slept better this last week
Same here, best sleep is right before waking up time...

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to sleep horrible. Been on testosterone optimization therapy for 2 years and I literally black out as soon as I hit the pillow and wake up 8 hours later. I am 40 years old

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a weird theory. If you live in northern or southern latitudes, the equinoxes are when the days are most rapidly changing from long>short or vice versa. The days are mostly the same length during the solstices. I often find that my sleep patterns are more disturbed around the equinox, and more stable around the solstice. We're only about 2 weeks past the vernal equinox.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always been an extremely light sleeper, even when I was younger I don't remember being able to sleep particularly easily. For instance I've literally never been able to sleep on a plane or a car even if I'm very tired.

Nowadays, I need a sleep mask (or pitch black room), white noise, stripped down to boxers, and cold temperatures (ideally 65f) just to be able to sleep, but I more importantly I also need to wind down for 2+ hrs beforehand, and take melatonin. If I'm in a pinch, not even sleeping pills will do anything.

I suppose as I get older I've noticed these things become more and more important but I have no doubt they would've helped when I was younger.

I've always been bemused by people who can fall asleep in 2 minutes in any location like its nothing.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes, I can't sleep in... sleeping pills whatever, doesn't work. I sleep 6 hours every night and that's it.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I can't sleep in... sleeping pills whatever, doesn't work. I sleep 6 hours every night and that's it.
How is your mood generally? did u notice an increase in stress, vigilance or being generally pissed off?

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How is your mood generally? did u notice an increase in stress, vigilance or being generally pissed off?
When I was working nights I was on a hair trigger. Now that I'm back on days I feel a lot less stressed. Might have something to do with your work time. I work in a place that, we have to be on alert 24/7 or someone might sneak up behind you and beat your head in with a lead pipe. So... might have something to do with that. I just bought a massive home gym and I intend to work myself into exhaustion every night before bed. Sick of this bull****.

I've always been bemused by people who can fall asleep in 2 minutes in any location like its nothing.
My wife can do this and she'll stay in bed the whole day if I don't drag her out. She's the only person I've ever seen who can sleep with her eyes OPEN.

I also have a badly deviated septum which I just found out about. Was about to get it done when coronavirus kicked back in here and we're all on lockdown again.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Have you gotten checked for sleep apnea? Incredibly common and also extremely bad long term health effects.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was working nights I was on a hair trigger. Now that I'm back on days I feel a lot less stressed. Might have something to do with your work time. I work in a place that, we have to be on alert 24/7 or someone might sneak up behind you and beat your head in with a lead pipe. So... might have something to do with that. I just bought a massive home gym and I intend to work myself into exhaustion every night before bed. Sick of this bull****.
I hear you, regarding the lifting hard I tried that but I notice that unless I got to sleep within two hours (that would prevent me a proper meal post workout), at some point it becomes counterproductive.

For some reason I find it easier to sleep mid day when it comes of being exhausted from the gym.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chiropractic helps in some cases.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I sleep early around 8, then tend to wake up around 1 or 3. I dabble watching videos, getting a snack and just chilling around that time. They say the time between 3 to 4 am is the devil’s hour where ugly spirits, ghosts and demons comes out. I can say this might be true because I can become arouse during this hour and want to play with myself lol.

If you’re practicing no fap or semen retention, being awake around 3 to 4 am can lead to a relapse if you’re not careful.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you notice a decrease of sleep quality with age?
Nope.
Not even a jumbo jet crashing outside my home can wake me. I can sleep easily 12-14 hours straight if I want too and I'm really tired. :up:
But I usually sleep 7-8 hours, but 6 hours is ok too.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So recommend a APAP machine for me. I'm gonna get a doc to write up a prescription for one, my benefits will cover a portion. My wife punched me in the side last night, I guess I was snoring so loud that I woke the entire house up.