Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating Viability for Men in their 40s

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
As has been discussed it’s doable if you can score with women your age group that are top tier you should be able to score with younger gals. Not all will be into you though. You need to have everything on point and you definitely need to be in top physical shape.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always get the "tell me something I don't know" feedback on these types of threads.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that's kind of what I'm getting at... So we know online dating is a thing... Let's say a guy is handsome, dresses well, good pics with a nice car and is 45 years old.

If he lists his age on his profile do you think he will be more viable than a guy in his 20s who also looks decent minus the wealth?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that's kind of what I'm getting at... So we know online dating is a thing... Let's say a guy is handsome, dresses well, good pics with a nice car and is 45 years old.

If he lists his age on his profile do you think he will be more viable than a guy in his 20s who also decent minus the wealth?
No, the 20 somethings will have the advantage. A good percentage of women on a swipe app will screen out the much older men. You're going to need to do in-person approaching when you can't get filtered out as easy. A woman in-person will need to process your cold approach if you can get her attention to make one.

allergictobs

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know several colleagues/high status men who have met their wives and had their first child at age 40-50. Their wife/girlfriend at the time was 25-30. So it's really not that rare, although all of those men are high status and wealthy, which probably helps a lot.

There is really nothing groundbreaking to this. Throughout history, successful men have always attracted the top women. If you are a successful man in your 40s or 50s, the top women still want to be with you.

The biggest hurdle is how to meet the younger women. It has to be through your social circle or within your professional field (e.g. a young nurse dating an older doctor).

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, the 20 somethings will have the advantage. A good percentage of women on a swipe app will screen out the much older men. You're going to need to do in-person approaching when you can't get filtered out as easy. A woman in-person will need to process your cold approach if you can get her attention to make one.
Skip the car pix. Or anything that makes you appear wealthy. I also did not include job or university. Tinder was (2019) fantastic for meeting much younger women.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's just use 45 as an example...

How likely is it to procure a woman of prime age between 24-27?
It can be done but you will most likely need to meet them in person, not online. It also helps if you take care of yourself and look younger then you are.

I'm 40 and I look like I'm 28-32. I can still get plenty of attention from younger women in public but online is harder because most younger women will reject me because of my listed age

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I agree and I think I have found this out with experiment also... Even in person, I almost feel like you need the woman to be attracted to you first before revealing your age.

I know several colleagues/high status men who have met their wives and had their first child at age 40-50. Their wife/girlfriend at the time was 25-30. So it's really not that rare, although all of those men are high status and wealthy, which probably helps a lot.

There is really nothing groundbreaking to this. Throughout history, successful men have always attracted the top women. If you are a successful man in your 40s or 50s, the top women still want to be with you.

The biggest hurdle is how to meet the younger women. It has to be through your social circle or within your professional field (e.g. a young nurse dating an older doctor).
Yes this can be true, however in these scenarios these women are mostly after security and not so much the person you are. The advantages a younger man has in finding a partner who wants to grow together with him are not really mentioned on here.

It can be done but you will most likely need to meet them in person, not online. It also helps if you take care of yourself and look younger then you are.

I'm 40 and I look like I'm 28-32. I can still get plenty of attention from younger women in public but online is harder because most younger women will reject me because of my listed age
Yes looking good for your age is key. I've always looked younger but I think father time is starting to catch up a bit... I've had a lot of recent women guess my exact age or be pretty close to it.

Lie on your profile. You’re 32.

Honestly this has been my most successful approach. I'm still trying to figure out what listed ages will work on the women's age demographics. For example even 32 might not get swipes from 21-24 year olds.... I think there is something about a next decade number that turns people off. 30,40,50 etc...

M

member160292

Seems too much of a bait and switch for me. Doesn't quite set the right tone for a relationship
I'll probably try it if I'm having issues with dating younger

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's just use 45 as an example...

How likely is it to procure a woman of prime age between 24-27?
Unless you have a top 10% body (muscles, low body fat, very good hair) and a top 10% life style (includes both finances and activities) there are very few chances...the right country may help but surely not anywhere in a western country.

If you move to the 28-32 age range, the chances grow strongly while at 35+ you should make it if you are a decent man above average.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you have a top 10% body (muscles, low body fat, very good hair) and a top 10% life style (includes both finances and activities) there are very few chances...the right country may help but surely not anywhere in a western country.

If you move to the 28-32 age range, the chances grow strongly while at 35+ you should make it if you are a decent man above average.
Sounds about right...

GhostApe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed - I'm in my thirties and I'm filtered out by most of the twentysomething chicks in my area, because it's a college town and they want "Chad."

In-person is doubly good because it shows you have social skills, calibration, confidence and have nothing to lose by approaching, as opposed to being the creepy lurkers online.

Plus, online dating in general is a crap shoot. Competition is stiffer because men outnumber women by a longshot and women are quick to categorize anyone older as being part of that contingent of creepy older men lying about their age and coming off too strong online. I had an FWB who showed me the kinds of trash available in her area, and it was nothing but greybeards and dudes with double chins and receding hairlines spewing weird chatter about their sex swings within 1-2 messages.

You're gonna get pigeonholed if you try that route past a certain age.