Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cologne on Dates

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your opinions and experience with cologne? I've usually received compliments or no mention of it. Is it worth using cologne today? Do women prefer or appreciate cologne or is it old fashioned and no longer desired? When I do use it I use 2 spritz and that seems sufficient without going too heavy with it.

What do you think? Keep using cologne or call it quits?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lightly i think it can be good

I dont because i have severe allergy

Billtx49

Reaction score
What are your opinions and experience with cologne? I've usually received compliments or no mention of it. Is it worth using cologne today? Do women prefer or appreciate cologne or is it old fashioned and no longer desired? When I do use it I use 2 spritz and that seems sufficient without going too heavy with it.

What do you think? Keep using cologne or call it quits?
Women appreciate men that smell good. It shows a certain level of class, but as @lamath mentioned, go lightly. Too heavy and you smell like a French hoe…

SpanishFly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep it discreet. I often spray on my torso, beneath my shirt, so that diffusion is gradual and subtle. And the use of pheromones with cologne can also be a plus, but don't buy from the Internet vendors who promise to have women chasing you down the road, they are usually just fake products. There are about 8 or so vendors who are legit. The best independent source of information is the Pherotruth forum.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cologne is an accessory like a watch.

While not mandatory I highly recommend it, and it is worthwhile in getting about 5 cologne types for varying occasions.

Note: expensive is not always better.

GUT

Banned
Reaction score
for everyday 1, for dates/hunting 2 spritzes of something expensive. Spray it in front of you wait a second & walk thru it. Drive the ladies wild.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always wear cologne whenever I leave the house...date or no date.

Chrome, Acqua Do Gio, Seductive by Guess, Very Sexy for Men by Victoria's Secret, and Issue Miyaki are a few of my favorites.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always wear on dates but change it up each time.

My current colognes:

Bleu De Chanel
Paco Rabanne 1 million
Diesel Only The Brave
Chanel Allure

I'm also interested in any recommendations too.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I would be interested in finding out how many times each one of you presses the spray button and where you guys spray.

I do 1 spray on left wrist on skin and 1 on right, rub together. Then spray 4 times on my chest under the shirt.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear cologne on dates. A light spray on both wrists, back of feet and chest/neck area. Most women seem to like Creed Aventus. It's pricey, but you can get a small bottle on eBay for around 50 bucks. I also use, Acqua Di Gio Profumo, Dior Sauvage and Carolina Herrera CH Men.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't used it since college. I'm not against it or anything. I also use unscented deodorant. Women have told me I have a good smell, so I just roll with it.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Colognes doesn't cut it for me as it wears off into the night.

I'd stick with perfume during the day and at night it's with eau de perfume.

Favourite brands is Armani, Hugo Boss and YSL.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
What's the difference between perfume and eau de perfume?
Different percentage of essence.

Perfume being the more and eau de perfume just below it.

Cologne would hv the least essence % wise.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men call it cologne because it sounds less feminine. Most scents we see are perfumes. Eau de toilette or eau de parfum; the latter being stronger

My favorited
Tom Ford private collection: Tuscan leather and Tabasco Oud
House of Creed: original santal, aventus, Royal Oud, green Irish tweed
Mancera: Sand Oud

Stay away from brands you buy at a drugstore usually, they are cheap and synthetic smelling plus you smell like everyone else. Go for ones that have depth and richness, higher content of oils. Original smells.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
There was a thread once on this board, perhaps two years ago or something similar, I wouldn't know how to find it or even look for it. It listed all the scents that women find the most attractive.

Now as far as different perfumes, from some I get allergy, my nose begins inching and I sneeze. Same with female scents, some girls put some sort of crap on, I get my allergy immediately.

For arm pits I use old spice high endurance fresh, and for balls I use garnier mineral invisible black and white, which is a woman's scent, but it keeps things fresh and wears out quickly.

fanatic22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear cologne on dates. A light spray on both wrists, back of feet and chest/neck area. Most women seem to like Creed Aventus. It's pricey, but you can get a small bottle on eBay for around 50 bucks. I also use, Acqua Di Gio Profumo, Dior Sauvage and Carolina Herrera CH Men.
I can confirm that Creed is a great one. Creed Irish Tweed slays as well. But colognes smell differently on different skin, so OP will need to try a few out to see what works for him.