Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cologne on Dates

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with Aqua di Gio.

I have a few other scents as well. My observation is that “sweet” and “fresh” scents are consistent winners with women. “Spicy” and “bold” are riskier. Hit or miss.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of mine:

IMG_20210412_185120210_24.jpg Screenshot_20210412-19361301_50.png

Don't keep them in the bathroom. Keep them in their boxes, laid flat in a cool, dark drawer. This keeps the sprayer's rubber wet and prevents them from drying out, cracking, and killing the scent.

Don't be fooled by marketing. Fragrance marketing honestly makes me laugh. Rule number 1: There are no masculine or feminine fragrances. Only masculine or feminine wearers. Here's a case in point:

IMG_20210412_185900249_50.jpg

This Is Not A Blue Bottle it's called. Number 2 I think. It smells like a supercharged summer's day. Intense liquid sunlight. Girly? Manly? Who cares. It smells awesome.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I layer mine with matching shower gels. An expensive indulgence. I also have small travel bottles.

IMG_20210412_185220142_24.jpg IMG_20210412_185813033_24.jpg

My latest purchase. A blind buy. Do not blind buy if you get buyer's remorse. I got lucky here as this smells a bit like Bang Bang, an evocative smooth pepper based frag which is casual enough for daily wear.

IMG_20210412_190025194_50.jpg

I gravitate towards darker scents like Noir Anthracite by Tom Ford. They aren't playful. They're about making a statement. Sexy only if you're a dark triad type yourself.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
laid flat in a cool, dark drawer. This keeps the sprayer's rubber wet and prevents them from drying out, cracking, and killing the scent.
Thanks for the tip. I am just getting into cologne the last few weeks. What one gets you the most female compliments?

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Hank Moody Have you tried mancera's soleil d'italie? If so, how do you like it compared to Cedrat Boise? Which is the bigger compliment getter for you?

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you have on....jpg
Proverbs 27:9
Oil and perfume make the heart glad,
So a man’s counsel is sweet to his friend.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So far I ordered Terre D'Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver, and Armani Code Profumo. I am tring to decide between Mancera's black gold, red tobacco, solile d'italie, and cedrat boise. I tried on perry ellis man edt, and it smells like halloween masks (cheap rubber) on my skin.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I smelled the ysl offerings in the store on spray sticks. They were too powdery for me then. I didn't fully appreciate the difference it makes on the skin at that point though. I will have to revisit those. I keep seeing good things about kouros. Might have to get a sample of that at some point.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kouros is a very oldschool frag. Too oldschool for some. It's been compared to urinal cakes. It reminds me of the pink liquid soap you get in public toilets.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those that praise it must be due to nostalgia. Thanks for the heads up on it.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try d and g the one, eau de perfum.

Seems to go down well.

Also, as mentioned earlier in thread bleu channel.

I bought a load of samplers off ebay to see which one I preferred over several wears.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love BDC also... JVXNJ is in a similar realm. So I am holding off on bdc until I use that bottle up. I prefer the top and mid notes of bdc, but the base notes of jvxnj.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Which of the following colognes smell best to a woman when worn by a man (I already have these 8)?:
Old Spice,
Beverly Hills Polo Club Body Spray,
Nautica Voyage,
Ed Hardy by Ed Hardy,
Angel by Thierry Mugler,
Axe Ice Chill,
Axe Apollo,
Axe Peace

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would guess whatever is not too spicy, or doesn't react badly with your skin. For me, badboy by Herrera is a good example of this. Alot of women liked the smell of it, but when I applied it to my skin, it stunk.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Bvlgari Aqva Amara. Definitely a summer scent. It's zesty and perky but sophisticated at the same time. Think button-down shirt at the beach club.

IMG_20210412_190158981_26.jpg

Buying testers can save you money but beware of fakes. I had to do a lot of research before buying my sealed 1993 Dior Fahrenheit. Had to make sure the serial numbers and packaging matched up. I got lucky and now proudly own a terrific vintage that blows its modern counterpart away for sillage & projection.

13962852_10207314922374627_6030779126530301556_o.jpg

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not convinced. I've had girls sniff my arm pits when wearing no deodorant and go wild. Of course not after a super active day, but still.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got lucky and now proudly own a terrific vintage that blows its modern counterpart away for sillage & projection.
Why am I not surprised that the vintage stuff is better made than stuff nowadays.

I too like bvlgari aqua. I bought a few samples of different aquatics/blues and bvlgari aqua was the second best of the bunch. Zenga's aqua di bergamotto was the best. On me, chrome smells like sunscreen.

What are your top five favorites?

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There should be some kind of notice of reformulation or something... It almost seems like false advertising/bait and switching.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joining a forum like Basenotes can keep you abreast of reformulations. They're a very fussy bunch on there (a whole forum section dedicated to Aventus batches) but knowledgeable.

Helped me train my nose; I purchased Dior Homme Parfum on a whim, and what I emphatically called "Coca Cola" notes were actually iris apparently.

I wouldn't say I have a top five but my absolute favourite remains Scent Intense by Costume National. It's a gothic cathedral drowned in purple light. If Count Dracula were a DJ he'd wear Scent Intense.

Costume-National-Scent-Intense-Parfum-packaging.jpg

I wear it only when I'm at my absolute best, have a full bottle and another full limited edition bottle with myrrh. Lasts for two full days on my skin. Comes packaged with an anal toy which came in useful back before my operation when my testosterone was high. I should use ED drugs I guess.

Other favourites include Donna Karan For Men, extremely hard to find today as it went out of production decades ago I believe. I hoard my bottle religiously. It's a very deep, fruity scent with an exotic edge. Mysterious. Seductive.

dk-fuel.jpg

For partying it's gotta be Aramis Havana. It smells exactly as you'd expect, with tangy tobacco notes. I have a vintage splash bottle.

Screenshot_20210416-010740~01.png