Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cold approach

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
I approached a girl a little while ago and one of the first things she told me was that she's engaged, I didn't insist because she was too young, she's 18 and I'm 32.

When they tell you they are engaged what do you do? do you insist? do you still ask for her number?

If it weren't for that she was too small, I would have asked her for her number because it could be an excuse to release tension

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Google "boyfriend destroyer lines".

Give them a little bit of pushback on the "I have a boyfriend" or "I'm engaged" excuse in a confident and funny way. If she engages, ask for her number again.

I am impressed that you are approaching 18 year olds at age 32.

It is statistically improbably that an 18 year old is already engaged to be married. This might have been a female mind game test on you and you failed it without delivering the confident and funny answer.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did she have an engagement ring on her finger?

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score

Give them a little bit of pushback on the "I have a boyfriend" or "I'm engaged" excuse in a confident and funny way. If she engages, ask for her number again.

I am impressed that you are approaching 18 year olds at age 32.

It is statistically improbably that an 18 year old is already engaged to be married. This might have been a female mind game test on you and you failed it without delivering the confident and funny answer.
I was on my way home I saw her and I approached her I didn't have much time to think, it was instinctive, and as I said I didn't insist because she was too young not because she told me she's engaged

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
"Too young" is rubbish, Your instinct was to approach her. She is "too young" according to White Knights, Social Justice Warriors, and Feminazis. She is not "too young" according to any law in any country.

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Too young" is rubbish, Your instinct was to approach her. She is "too young" according to White Knights, Social Justice Warriors, and Feminazis. She is not "too young" according to any law in any country.
She's too young for me lol

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
guys I realize that sometimes I can't express myself also because I write with the translator,

I didn't want to continue the conversation with this girl because she was too young for me,

unfortunately I live in a small city and I remind you that I live in Italy and here believe me for certain things they are old-fashioned,

my question was how do you react when a girl you are interested in tells you she is engaged

let's forget this girl that I approached who I repeat was too small, I don't care if she was really engaged or not

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
my question was how do you react when a girl you are interested in tells you she is engaged
You ignore and shoot your shot anyway. If she doesnt bite so be it, move on to other girls.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is bs advice. You admitted to never even trying this yourself. Why offer it as a solution? I've tried it, and it didn't work. It's obvious that if the woman is interested, you wouldn't know the other man exists.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With the exception of saying she's married, saying she's engaged is the most straightforward yet polite way to say: not interested, leave me alone.
Trying to use 'boyfriend destroyer lines' only proves you're a desperate, socially uncalibrated, low value
weirdo. The only normal, civilized reply would be something like 'oh, ok, have a nice day'.

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
With the exception of saying she's married, saying she's engaged is the most straightforward yet polite way to say: not interested, leave me alone.
Trying to use 'boyfriend destroyer lines' only proves you're a desperate, socially uncalibrated, low value
weirdo. The only normal, civilized reply would be something like 'oh, ok, have a nice day'.
yes i agree i also think it's a way of saying she's not interested, but i think sometimes it could be because she feels under pressure and wants to escape from that situation, maybe i'm wrong. But yes, in 90% of cases it is because she is not interested

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to say that living in a small city like mine, people are not used to this kind of approaches during the day, I put myself in the shoes of this girl, 18 years old, as soon as she left the house in the morning, she is stopped by a stranger, it must have been a strong experience for her, but it has been said on other occasions when they say so it is because they are not interested

manfromitaly

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is bs advice. You admitted to never even trying this yourself. Why offer it as a solution? I've tried it, and it didn't work. It's obvious that if the woman is interested, you wouldn't know the other man exists.
Nothing new, in one of my posts I received advice from a user and the next day I found out that he was a virgin and was 35 years old

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Review the thread and what I said. I said in that thread that I've tried the boyfriend destroyer lines and never had them work. My quote from that thread is below. My sample size on boyfriend destroyer lines is low.

I got the "I Have a Boyfriend" (IHAB) way more in the 2000s then I have gotten since 2010. I can't remember the last time I got that line.

There were a couple of times in the 2010s when I got "IHAB'ed" and pushed back with a "Boyfriend Destroyer Line". There was no time where my Boyfriend Destroyer Line worked. I strongly agree that every man should push back when hearing about the boyfriend if she directly mentions it. Some women might subtly mention a boyfriend in the midst of a conversation. In those cases, that isn't an IHAB and it's unclear if it is a shiit test. In most cases, it's still worth pushing the envelope and trying to get the date.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Review the thread and what I said. I said in that thread that I've tried the boyfriend destroyer lines and never had them work. My quote from that thread is below. My sample size on boyfriend destroyer lines is low.

I recant my statement.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why offer it as a solution? I've tried it, and it didn't work. It's obvious that if the woman is interested, you wouldn't know the other man exists.
You have a fair point that neither one of us has had success with boyfriend destroyer lines. How often have you used a boyfriend destroyer line and failed with it?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A half dozen or so.
Let's say you have 6 times you've tried boyfriend destroyer lines and failed 6 times with them. I've probably tried boyfriend destroyer lines around 3-5 times. Between the two of us, we have 10 attempts of boyfriend destroyer lines with 0 successes. 10 is a small sample size but 0 successes with them isn't great. I'd like to see what would happen with 200 instances of using boyfriend destroyer lines.