"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Cold approach results

spitfire

Banned
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
78
Reaction score
37
I can speak to this as I've been an occasional attendee at meetups for a little over two years. It's quite rare for people to pair off, become boyfriend-girlfriend. Even finding dates is rare. An occasional hottie rolls through but that's rare.

Meetup is for people who enjoy being alone together.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
I can speak to this as I've been an occasional attendee at meetups for a little over two years. It's quite rare for people to pair off, become boyfriend-girlfriend. Even finding dates is rare. An occasional hottie rolls through but that's rare.

Meetup is for people who enjoy being alone together.
Agreed, but I've had two other STRs from Meetup. This one is pretty attractive. She 5' 7'' and looks like Taylor Swift. So you're thinking I shouldn't reach out to her on Monday night to see if we're on for Thursday? One would think it would be a bit rare for a lady to give a guy she's known to ask if he'd like to join her and her attractive friend for drinks next week and then text her number from his phone. No?
 

spitfire

Banned
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
78
Reaction score
37
Agreed, but I've had two other STRs from Meetup. This one is pretty attractive. She 5' 7'' and looks like Taylor Swift. So you're thinking I shouldn't reach out to her on Monday night to see if we're on for Thursday? One would think it would be a bit rare for a lady to give a guy she's known to ask if he'd like to join her and her attractive friend for drinks next week and then text her number from his phone. No?
I was speaking about meetup more generally speaking rather than about your case in particular. Follow your intuition. I would definitely pursue things. I've hooked up with six girls (all attractive) from meetup in the past 2+ years so it's definitely possible. It's definitely easier in the big cities. Sometimes, there will be odd waves of pretty girls who are too naive to figure out meetup is a waste of time and get sucked into it for short periods who are actually willing to date rather than the old battlehags who are lifers.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
I was speaking about meetup more generally speaking rather than about your case in particular. Follow your intuition. I would definitely pursue things. I've hooked up with six girls (all attractive) from meetup in the past 2+ years so it's definitely possible. It's definitely easier in the big cities. Sometimes, there will be odd waves of pretty girls who are too naive to figure out meetup is a waste of time and get sucked into it for short periods who are actually willing to date rather than the old battlehags who are lifers.
It seems we're from the same home town in Queens, so I used that to my advantage. I kino'ed and talked aggressively and sexually to hint on things, she didn't bat an eye. We'll see. I can give it a shot and see where it goes.
 

spitfire

Banned
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
78
Reaction score
37
If you've met a Taylor Swift clone, then you've found a unicorn. Especially if you did so through meetup. I want to say I've met an 8 or 8+ through meetup, but don't think I have. I met an 8+ girl AT a meetup, but she wasn't a member of meetup. Easily the hottest girl I've met at a meetup event though. Meetup is fine for monkey branching, or having an excuse to be at a particular bar, restaurant or happy hour without having to fly solo.

The downside is that you can get so bored, irritated and tired from dealing with meetup people for an hour or two that you just want to go home rather than using it as a launching point for your night.

I've met several girls in the 7+ range and that's pretty hot as far as I'm concerned.
 
Last edited:

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
If you've met a Taylor Swift clone, then you've found a unicorn. Especially if you did so through meetup. I want to say I've met an 8 or 8+ through meetup, but don't think I have. I met an 8+ girl AT a meetup, but she wasn't a member of meetup. Easily the hottest girl I've met at a meetup event though. Meetup is fine for monkey branching, or having an excuse to be at a particular bar, restaurant or happy hour without having to fly solo.

The downside is that you can get so bored, irritated and tired from dealing with meetup people for an hour or two that you just want to go home rather than using it as a launching point for your night.

I've met several girls in the 7+ range and that's pretty hot as far as I'm concerned.
True, but the few that I go to aren't that bad. I've been to ones which are as boring as watching paint dry, so I know what you mean.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
I didn't know her, and she came over to me.
So if anything she cold approached you. But in these situations, its not the same as doing a cold approach while you are walking down a street somewhere. People are at these places with the mindset that they will be open to talking to other people at this same event.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
So if anything she cold approached you. But in these situations, its not the same as doing a cold approach while you are walking down a street somewhere. People are at these places with the mindset that they will be open to talking to other people at this same event.
You really know how to rain on a man's parade dude. Mr. Positivity we should call you.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
You really know how to rain on a man's parade dude. Mr. Positivity we should call you.
How is it raining on a parade? If a woman comes up to talk to you how do you consider it a cold approach by you?

Approach is a verb. Verbs require some type of action. You were the recipient of the action not the initiator of the action. Hence you would be the aproachee not the approacher.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
How is it raining on a parade? If a woman comes up to talk to you how do you consider it a cold approach by you?

Approach is a verb. Verbs require some type of action. You were the recipient of the action not the initiator of the action. Hence you would be the aproachee not the approacher.
I did cold approach a couple of weeks ago, she was standoffish, so I backed off. We chatted about it for a bit, as she didn't recall, and I jokingly said you were a bit bitchy to me, so I walked away. She then was a bit surprised but it seemed to draw her in more to me. Weird.

I usually think a lady who hangs around you, invites you somewhere for drinks (it's a brewery) and shares her food with you has some interest in you. If I am wrong, then, let me know. Rather not make a fool of myself if I do not have to.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

spitfire

Banned
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
78
Reaction score
37
At this point, you're not really doing anything productive.

You're trying to win arguments with guys online and telling yourself pretty stories about how these girls are into you. Don't waste time. They either put up or shut up. Make plans with them and proceed from there. They either go along or you move along.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
At this point, you're not really doing anything productive.

You're trying to win arguments with guys online and telling yourself pretty stories about how these girls are into you. Don't waste time. They either put up or shut up. Make plans with them and proceed from there. They either go along or you move along.
I did. We're on for this week.
 

spitfire

Banned
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
78
Reaction score
37
I don't have the game to do those meetup events. I went to one with a friend and I was a fish out of water. I was the youngest guy there by far (32 at the time) and not a single woman was UNDER 40. I was in high demand because I was only having to compete with mostly older socially awkward guys but I'll never do one of those things again. I met one decent woman that night that I thought I could tolerate a date with, but I never set anything up with her. Hats off to you, you scored two dates from that thing and they weren't old as dirt! Maybe I need to do meetup get togethers up north because they suck down here.
Reminds me of the urban dictionary definition. It is uncannily accurate:

Meetup whor
A women or man that signs up for several meetup.com events every day of the year and goes to at least 4 per week. They have no social lives outside of meetup.com
The women are fat, ugly old maid spinsters and the men are desperate pathetic losers with no game who can't get laid.
Are you a single fat btch over 35 desperate to pop out a couple of rug rats or snag a sucker? Then you're a meetup whor!
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Reminds me of the urban dictionary definition. It is uncannily accurate:

Meetup whor
A women or man that signs up for several meetup.com events every day of the year and goes to at least 4 per week. They have no social lives outside of meetup.com
The women are fat, ugly old maid spinsters and the men are desperate pathetic losers with no game who can't get laid.
Are you a single fat btch over 35 desperate to pop out a couple of rug rats or snag a sucker? Then you're a meetup whor!
No need to hate dude.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Where's the hate? That's what most meetups are like.
Not around me. The's 20's and 30's are pretty fun with young people. Sometimes, there are older people there, but the younger people congregate with the young members, and the older ones congregate with the older ones. If there were one's which were/are as dead as that quote suggested, I'd just bail.
 

spitfire

Banned
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
78
Reaction score
37
Not around me. The's 20's and 30's are pretty fun with young people. Sometimes, there are older people there, but the younger people congregate with the young members, and the older ones congregate with the older ones. If there were one's which were/are as dead as that quote suggested, I'd just bail.
I've been to both types as well. The 20's and 30's members are usually late 20's on up. And lots of members in their late 30's. So, not really that "young." They sometimes have people show up who are 26 and under but they are clearly in the minority.

From what I can tell, even the women in the 20's and 30's meetups are getting desperate since they are outside of their sexual prime (25 and under). Aside from married women, I count only a handful of women who are at least a 7 in the past 2+ years that I've attended any meetups.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
I've been to both types as well. The 20's and 30's members are usually late 20's on up. And lots of members in their late 30's. So, not really that "young." They sometimes have people show up who are 26 and under but they are clearly in the minority.

From what I can tell, even the women in the 20's and 30's meetups are getting desperate since they are outside of their sexual prime (25 and under). Aside from married women, I count only a handful of women who are at least a 7 in the past 2+ years that I've attended any meetups.
Very true. I guess being close to NYC that has a positive effect.
 

spitfire

Banned
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
78
Reaction score
37
Yeah I was attending meetups in/near a major metro area and the talent level has fallen off big time. Like off the cliff. 2+ years ago, it was pretty solid and now it looks like a dog show lol. The small town talent pool has gotten pretty bad as well.
 

spitfire

Banned
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
78
Reaction score
37
I've been checking the 20's/30's type meetups locally, 40 minutes away and 2 hours away. The scene has literally completely dried up for attractive women. It's literally zero attractive women available through meetup in a 2 hour radius. It's completely cratered.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top