Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cleared it with the mods! A thread I’ve wanted to do for years. Post your real life picture let the community help fix your looks!(completely optiona)

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Don't overdo it. You need rest days to allow your muscles to grow. Aim for just a single upper and lower body workout the first week. Allow for lactic acid to decline, and perhaps aim for two upper body workouts in the 2nd or 3rd week: arms/chest then shoulders/back in the 2nd weekly workout. Take at least a 1 day break between upper body workouts during the first month or so.
So the days I don't do weights, do the cardio then?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks bro, here's a couple more pics that might indicate what you mean. Neither has a beard shadow so I would have to add that of course. But which closer cut is closest to what you mean? If neither is close, do you have a google picture to show it?

View attachment 3476

View attachment 3477

PS. I was in the navy over the summer when I was 16 which I really appreciate having done, but I haven't been in since then. I would recommend anyone who hasn't been in the military to do a 3 month or whatever stay, you will learn new values giving you a new perspective. When I came back, the vain atomism of civilian life seemed empty and corrupt to me by comparison.

Thanks, I just prefer the younger look of being clean shaven or having a shadow over having a full beard, but everyone else seems to prefer the opposite haha.
You look way better in that 1st pic, i also think this is a better hair cut for you

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wish I could participate just to show you guys how young your old Uncle Atom looks. I think it would encourage some who have expressed concerns about growing older. Can't do it though as I'm in a position where I must maintain my anonymity.

Rictor1

Don Juan
Reaction score
What were your chest suggestions? I’m nursing a bad shoulder. Also do you have tips for biceps? My biceps won’t get bigger. I usually hit them on back day.
now I do 3 x 12-15 alternating curl
3 x 12-15 preach curl
3x12-15 barbell curl
If you have a bad shoulder then I advise against what I would normally recommend for chest. For the past two years, I've switched to exclusively using incline bench press. I do not do flat bench anymore due to propensity for injury. Victor Martinez used to say this all the time (I used to work at Eva's so I'd see him come in time to time). Flat is more for ego lifting but you build chest via incline bench press. Finish with some type of fly movement but incline is key. My chest is insane now due to that switch. And everyone thinks it's drugs lmao.

My biceps are my worst body part. Nothing worked for me for the first decade of lifting. This is embarrassing to admit but I have to tell the truth. What FINALLY made them grow was doing chin-ups. Not pull-ups because that's more focused on activating your back, but chin-ups because it works both lats AND biceps. If you intentionally do them wrong like I did (focus on squeezing biceps more than lats), your biceps will EXPLODE. Compare moving 150 lbs of barbell/dumbbell vs moving your ENTIRE body weight utilizing biceps. There's no comparison. And you can finish with your usual bicep routine. I'd even get rid of alternating curl and use preachers and barbell curls.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What were your chest suggestions? I’m nursing a bad shoulder. Also do you have tips for biceps? My biceps won’t get bigger. I usually hit them on back day.
now I do 3 x 12-15 alternating curl
3 x 12-15 preach curl
3x12-15 barbell curl
If you have a problem with chest it does not show imo.
Ever done gear?
I almost tried sarms a while back, with age i find recuperation much harder.
For now im mostly bcaa, 250g/day whey and some creatine from time to time

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wish I could participate just to show you guys how young your old Uncle Atom looks. I think it would encourage some who have expressed concerns about growing older. Can't do it though as I'm in a position where I must maintain my anonymity.
Understood, i understand some of us have high status careers and just can’t participate in these type of things.

Reaction score
So the days I don't do weights, do the cardio then?
Your focus should be on weight resistance training right now, not cardio. You don't need to lose weight, you want to gain lean mass.

That means:

1. weight training (start slow like I said)

2. a modest increase in calories at first, more as you increase your number and intensity of workouts over the course of the year

3. eat clean. high quality protein (grass fed beef, organ meats, free range eggs), moderate carbs (preferably minimally processed), high quality fats: avocado, salmon, nuts, etc.

Enjoy a bit of high quality dark chocolates, unsweetened organic iced tea, get some fresh organic veggies directly from a farmer's market, not the grocery store, not even Whole Foods.

Take a high quality daily multivitamin. Get bloodwork to see if additional supplementation is beneficial. A VitD supplement is good in the winter/early spring.

4. cardio for me is a fun sport: basketball, cycling, soccer, hiking, walking, any sport you enjoy. Get good at a sport for fun, not to burn calories. You are already well below average in weight (assuming you are close to average height).

Join a meet up for young adults and go on a hike or canoeing or something fun. It's not all about work work work.

Honestly, I'm 10 pounds overweight, and have been as much as 35 pounds overweight in the past. It made almost no difference in my ability to attract women. I'm not saying being in top shape doesn't help, it does, but the difference is surprisingly modest.

Last edited:

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a bad shoulder then I advise against what I would normally recommend for chest. For the past two years, I've switched to exclusively using incline bench press. I do not do flat bench anymore due to propensity for injury. Victor Martinez used to say this all the time (I used to work at Eva's so I'd see him come in time to time). Flat is more for ego lifting but you build chest via incline bench press. Finish with some type of fly movement but incline is key. My chest is insane now due to that switch. And everyone thinks it's drugs lmao.

My biceps are my worst body part. Nothing worked for me for the first decade of lifting. This is embarrassing to admit but I have to tell the truth. What FINALLY made them grow was doing chin-ups. Not pull-ups because that's more focused on activating your back, but chin-ups because it works both lats AND biceps. If you intentionally do them wrong like I did (focus on squeezing biceps more than lats), your biceps will EXPLODE. Compare moving 150 lbs of barbell/dumbbell vs moving your ENTIRE body weight utilizing biceps. There's no comparison. And you can finish with your usual bicep routine. I'd even get rid of alternating curl and use preachers and barbell curls.
That actually makes a lot of sense. I injured myself ego lifting on flat bench(heavy weight minimal warmup) .. so you are right. I can do incline bench as it doesn’t hurt my shoulders nearly as bad.
im going to add chin-ups the way you described thanks bro

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a problem with chest it does not show imo.
Ever done gear?
I almost tried sarms a while back, with age i find recuperation much harder.
For now im mostly bcaa, 250g/day whey and some creatine from time to time
I’ve honestly wanted to try HGH for years but I’m terrified to inject anything into my body. I also wouldn’t even know where to find it.

CBear

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zedit 1.jpg
zedit 2.jpg
zedit 3.jpg

6'1, 200 lbs, 22 years old. Although I get looked at and get approached often, my main issue is that most people seem to think that I'm 30 or in my late 20's and they can't seem to shake off the fact that I'm 22 lol. Just finished school and going back and about to secure a good income with a couple jobs. In the process of moving out as well.

Reaction score
6'1, 200 lbs, 22 years old. Although I get looked at and get approached often, my main issue is that most people seem to think that I'm 30 or in my late 20's and they can't seem to shake off the fact that I'm 22 lol. Just finished school and going back and about to secure a good income with a couple jobs. In the process of moving out as well.
How often are you approached? (by women I assume).

For me, I'm usually only approached in "party" or "social gathering" types of situations. Shopping at the grocery store or out for a walk, not so much.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve honestly wanted to try HGH for years but I’m terrified to inject anything into my body. I also wouldn’t even know where to find it.
There is a sarms that is a bit similar mk677 or something i did reseach it but jever tries

To me its seems that most roid will give you size very fast but seems hard to keep the gain once you stop.

Id be scare to **** up my T level with thoae

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
View attachment 3507
View attachment 3508
View attachment 3509

That back definition is absurd, good sh*t bro. I want to workout with all you guys ..

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 3507
View attachment 3508
View attachment 3509

Weird. You don't look older at all, really. I think that muscle can age people, tbh (not that that's bad) Every year on 'love Island' in the UK, there's always tonnes of comments of disbelief that most of these guys are like 22 and not 30, and they are all obviously handsome, well muscled dudes (if you've ever heard of that show!)

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
View attachment 3507
View attachment 3508
View attachment 3509

200lbs Must be some muscle there with that low bf its hard to guess that you are that heavy

Reaction score
There is a sarms that is a bit similar mk677 or something i did reseach it but jever tries

To me its seems that most roid will give you size very fast but seems hard to keep the gain once you stop.

Id be scare to **** up my T level with thoae
Yup. You see the yo yo effect with actors all the time. Dwayne Johnson is quite skinny when he cycles off, which isn't very often.