Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cleared it with the mods! A thread I’ve wanted to do for years. Post your real life picture let the community help fix your looks!(completely optiona)

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, let's tone down the negative personal discussions about other members. It's getting a little too deep into "diagnoses", i.e. "He is this or he is that".

We should be speaking directly to each other, not about each other.

Thanks!

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That sounds like my situation with OLD. Everything is a min 30 mile drive!

However I have to call BS. Vancouver a big west coast city. Vancouver has a ton of Asians too. You can't say there are not a lot of hot asian women or single women on OLD in a city like that. I just can't buy that.
Ok... try searchin that area in the 34 to 46 age group... im 41... i have swiped lots on lots i like... in all the apps.. just dont get a good reply rate. Doesnt matter tho.. ill keep improving myself anyways... i have tons of time

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Ok... try searchin that area in the 34 to 46 age group... im 41... i have swiped lots on lots i like... in all the apps.. just dont get a good reply rate. Doesnt matter tho.. ill keep improving myself anyways... i have tons of time
Tinder won't let you do that since I don't have Gold to change my location. I guess I can go on POF and match to search. Can I do that in Canada even though my profiles are in America?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I make more than that and have a lot more in the bank than most of these broke women have.
Doubtful. You already stated how much you make in this thread (or the other one) two days ago. 1500.00 a month = 18000.00 a year. That's poverty. You need to get your career in gear. Are you waiting until 40 to do this?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Doubtful. You already stated how much you make in this thread (or the other one) two days ago. 1500.00 a month = 18000.00 a year. That's poverty. You need to get your career in gear. Are you waiting until 40 to do this?
I have over 40 grand in the bank.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tinder won't let you do that since I don't have Gold to change my location. I guess I can go on POF and match to search. Can I do that in Canada even though my profiles are in America?
No idea... not tryin to compete with you. Just stating my experience. Not many in my age group take very good care of themselves. My FWB is even a bit squishy around the edges.... but i got her a fitbit for xmas and I have taken her out on hikes and im gunna get her joggin this weekend. Unfortunately shes not "hot" but her personality makes up for alot.... so that keeps me interested even tho shes 47 and im 41.

Dude.... awesome u got some bank.. but i highly reccomend you give up on ladies for a while...

The complaining isnt helping either. Didnt pook say what you think you shall become?

I feel your mindset is holding you back... try changing "why is this happening to me?" ... into "What can i learn from this?" .... and see what happens. I had to do this myself. Why? ... because losing my marriage fuked me up a bit..

I just got out of a 25yr marriage and am now applying the shyt from here... when i feel like it. Focusing on me and my fitness goals is the most important thing i can do right now. Ladies are secondary... i have a stable career i enjoy... not gettin rich but it serves me well... a fwb who is frankly not the hotest by far.. but we jive so well... so she's growin on me and im helping her with her fitness. Who knows... maybe ill keep her.

Good luck man... work on you
. To heck with women til you feel better about yourself.

Epi

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
are you all super rich on this forum lol? I'M jealous. That's like a fairly normal wage I think. Would be nice to be super clever and have tonnes of degrees and be an investment banker or something though lol. I've always just earnt low wage. It is what it is

Last edited:

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not rich... 41... 60k salary before taxes.. got my assests cut in half from the marriage break up... fvcked up in my investments (it better come back lol and ill be golden if it does)... and child support for 3 more years for 1 of my 2 kids. (16 and 22). Some months i carry a small credit balance over. But most months im debt free. I try to never carry a credit card balance over into the next month.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Im not rich... 41... 60k salary before taxes.. got my assests cut in half from the marriage break up... fvcked up in my investments (it better come back lol and ill be golden if it does)... and child support for 3 more years for 1 of my 2 kids. (16 and 22). Some months i carry a small credit balance over. But most months im debt free. I try to never carry a credit card balance over into the next month.
Is that US or Canadian dollars? Wouldn't 60k Canadian be more like 50k in the us?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I have over 40 grand in the bank.
Wow. Mr. Big spender. You're losing 1200.00 a year on that dough due to inflation. Good job.

are you all super rich on this forum lol? I'M jealous. That's like a fairly normal wage I think. Would be nice to be super clever and have tonnes of degrees and be an investment banker or something though lol. I've always just earnt low wage. It is what it is
No, but 1500 a month, pre-tax, is not a lot of dough. He's self-employed, so he also gets hit with self-employment taxes along with FICA. A person cannot support themselves on that, let alone a social life. I now know why he cannot move out. He makes no money and is lazy.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Wow. Mr. Big spender. You're losing 1200.00 a year on that dough due to inflation. Good job.

No, but 1500 a month, pre-tax, is not a lot of dough. He's self-employed, so he also gets hit with self-employment taxes along with FICA. A person cannot support themselves on that, let alone a social life. I now know why he cannot move out. He makes no money and is lazy.
Most my sales are cash.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beautifully stated. I've been saying this for years. This attitude of splitting the bill has to die. It's absolutely foolhardy for any man past school age. In school, practicality may come into play. Once a man is in his very early twenties, he should display leadership by paying for the date.

Now since I have an upper 2% fiance, she sometimes will offer to pay as she wants to "invest in the relationship too", and I let her. That' is completely different from an early date. @Dash Riprock is 100% correct. Looking to split the cost of a date is unmanly to the core, and should be a tip-off to a woman to head for the hills.

The mating ritual is wired in, men. Play the game. Dance the dance and you will meet very little resistance. Women are desperately looking for MEN. Part of being a man is displaying leadership and dominance right off the bat. Asking or demanding to split the bill is as weak as weak can possibly be.
I have the exact opposite attitude, I would never pay for a woman unless it was mutual in some way. It's not just about practicality, ie the fact that she makes her own money. It's also about my own dignity. Especially the idea you have, that you insist on paying for her as an assertive ritual for your own masculinity is antithetical to me. Beyond the first two things of practicality and dignity, it also implies you don't have an inherent selfassurance and instead need to neurotically assert your own masculinity.

Last edited:

Staticus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the exact opposite attitude, I would never pay for a woman unless it was mutual in some way. It's not just about practicality, ie the fact that she makes her own money. It's also about my own dignity. Especially the idea you have, that you insist on paying for her as an assertive ritual for your own masculinity is antithetical to me. Beyond the first two things of practicality and dignity, it also implies you don't have an inherent selfassurance and instead need to neurotically assert your own masculinity.
You got that from paying for a dates dinner?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You got that from paying for a dates dinner?
I've never paid for a woman's dinner in my life lol, nor would I take a woman out to dinner as I don't enjoy the activity. I've always thought this way, and women have never expected me to pay. I think part of the reason why guys pay is they fear the women won't have sex with them if they don't, but if she is actually attracted to you she will, and if not it's better to keep your dignity... unless you just regard her as a prostitute anyway and don't care I guess.

Staticus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never paid for a woman's dinner in my life lol, nor would I take a woman out to dinner as I don't enjoy the activity. I've always thought this way, and women have never expected me to pay. I think part of the reason why guys pay is they fear the women won't have sex with them if they don't, but if she is actually attracted to you she will, and if not it's better to keep your dignity.. unless you just regard her as a prostitute anyway I guess.
Well I’ve always paid. And for me I never go out expecting to get laid because I’m paying for food. My mind has never thought that way. Of course this was back before I was in a LTR maybe times have changed. I would say paying for food isn’t labeling your date as a prostitute either. It’s a good thing YOU don’t pay for their food if this is the way your mind processes.

Staticus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never paid for a woman's dinner in my life lol, nor would I take a woman out to dinner as I don't enjoy the activity. I've always thought this way, and women have never expected me to pay. I think part of the reason why guys pay is they fear the women won't have sex with them if they don't, but if she is actually attracted to you she will, and if not it's better to keep your dignity... unless you just regard her as a prostitute anyway and don't care I guess.
Although I do find this perspective interesting