Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Careers you can get into quickly

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have any advice for getting my foot in the door with a trade?
I've seen/heard of plumbing or electrical companies that will hire helpers to work with their licensed plumbers and electricians and essentially work on the job. I've also heard of some HVAC companies that will hire helpers and also pay for their schooling, which is often at a college college or local trade school.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trades jobs always require experience, which means trade school, which is still pricey even if it's not college/university. What careers can you get into in 6 months of training or less? Is real estate my best bet?
Sales which can be highly profitable if you get good at it.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sales

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I've seen/heard of plumbing or electrical companies that will hire helpers to work with their licensed plumbers and electricians and essentially work on the job. I've also heard of some HVAC companies that will hire helpers and also pay for their schooling, which is often at a college college or local trade school.
^This. They need helpers to get/carry tools and parts, so the experienced technician can focus and not make 10 trips out to the van. And they will give you small tasks once they see you are responsible.

Some will pay for schooling if the helper does a really good job and they plan to keep him for the long haul. Or at a minimum, they’ll try to fit your work schedule around your schooling (while you pay for it) if they like you.

I know people in refrigeration, related to HVAC.

Last edited:

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big NO on Real Estate for reasons the other poster posted. Trades are great however, for the most part, you're still stuck working for the man for many years (at least) until you can get off on your own. Can you read directions and put together Ikea furniture? Can you mount a TV? Can you show up to someone's place and help them load up a truck?

There are a few apps that can get you going on something like this.

Task Rabbit is one of them and I've heard great things. It's like UBER and the others HOWEVER, if your good with your hands and have some attention to detail, pays WAY better. All you need is to sign up and get a quick back ground check. I've seen guys making $75-$100 an hour on there. Working 20 to 30 hours a week and making a living.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Import export
Tutoring
E-commerce
Event planning
Oh you can get into for under 10,000

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big NO on Real Estate for reasons the other poster posted. Trades are great however, for the most part, you're still stuck working for the man for many years (at least) until you can get off on your own. Can you read directions and put together Ikea furniture? Can you mount a TV? Can you show up to someone's place and help them load up a truck?

There are a few apps that can get you going on something like this.

Task Rabbit is one of them and I've heard great things. It's like UBER and the others HOWEVER, if your good with your hands and have some attention to detail, pays WAY better. All you need is to sign up and get a quick back ground check. I've seen guys making $75-$100 an hour on there. Working 20 to 30 hours a week and making a living.
"Denver isn't adding new taskers right now."

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Denver isn't adding new taskers right now."
Okay. Sorry to hear. App's become pretty popular in some places not so much in others. Most likely due to saturation of the market.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you big and muscular? Do you know any fighting styles? Being a bouncer is a great occupation. Due to proximity, you'll be able to bang/date strippers and hot bartenders.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you big and muscular? Do you know any fighting styles? Being a bouncer is a great occupation. Due to proximity, you'll be able to bang/date strippers and hot bartenders.
I haven't seen openings for those lately. I'm not muscular right now but I gain muscle quickly. That being said I am looking for a career.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
These days $20 an hour is basically like minimum wage effectively.
No it is not. The federal minimum wage in the United States has been $7.25 per hour since July 2009. Some states have $15 minimum wage but a significant chunk of that goes to taxes and other deductions.

As far as real estate careers go: only do that if you have a great connection that will mentor you. Find somebody that is at the top of the local sales and who has the established real estate connections and success.

Usually it is a family member or someone you grew up with, or they are connected to your spouse.

Having a real eatate license and just strong determination is usually not enough. You will soon discover a lot of real estate success is just nepotism and similar models.

They usually just “fall into” a great opportunity because someone they know gives them a free opportunity. Meanwhile you can be the smartest and most dedicated to your real estate career and barely lift off.

A lot of seed money can be required to really get going. You need at least one years of money and also more to build a business. The licensing courses usually are not forthright about the money and connections necessary to really become successful.

Tons of real estate people hide the fact somebody gave them a free amazing chance into the industry while behaving like they are self made.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as real estate careers go: only do that if you have a great connection that will mentor you. Find somebody that is at the top of the local sales and who has the established real estate connections and success.

Usually it is a family member or someone you grew up with, or they are connected to your spouse.

Having a real eatate license and just strong determination is usually not enough. You will soon discover a lot of real estate success is just nepotism and similar models.

They usually just “fall into” a great opportunity because someone they know gives them a free opportunity. Meanwhile you can be the smartest and most dedicated to your real estate career and barely lift off.

A lot of seed money can be required to really get going. You need at least one years of money and also more to build a business. The licensing courses usually are not forthright about the money and connections necessary to really become successful.

Tons of real estate people hide the fact somebody gave them a free amazing chance into the industry while behaving like they are self made.
Residential real estate sales is a very difficult way to make a living.

The seed money issue is going to be a big issue for most people. That's the first major issue. I think this is a worse issue for men since our income/employment is often a bigger part of our SMV. Female income/employment is a minor part of their SMV, but women tend to overrate this, which is why there's been massive growth in careerist women.

Working residential real estate involves working weekends, which will impact a social life. This hurts both men and women but men need to be more socially active than women to find dates.

Your professional networks prior to entering a residential real estate career matters a lot.

Look at the women who are most successful in residential real estate sales. Most of them are married women with at least moderately successful husbands or divorced women with children who have received a good divorce settlement. Men don't have that privilege in residential real estate careers.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No it is not. The federal minimum wage in the United States has been $7.25 per hour since July 2009. Some states have $15 minimum wage but a significant chunk of that goes to taxes and other deductions.

Nobody who is making $7.25 these days has their own place or a car. They are literally living at home with their parents or with someone else or several other people.

What I meant was $20/hr is pretty much the bare minimum you can make these days and still live on your own. You may or may not have a vehicle and if you do, it's likely because it was paid off or extremely cheap and likely a hooptie. You are struggling on $20/hr and likely robbing Peter to pay Paul every month and living on Ramen noodles.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
Residential real estate sales is a very difficult way to make a living.

The seed money issue is going to be a big issue for most people. That's the first major issue. I think this is a worse issue for men since our income/employment is often a bigger part of our SMV. Female income/employment is a minor part of their SMV, but women tend to overrate this, which is why there's been massive growth in careerist women.

Working residential real estate involves working weekends, which will impact a social life. This hurts both men and women but men need to be more socially active than women to find dates.

Your professional networks prior to entering a residential real estate career matters a lot.

Look at the women who are most successful in residential real estate sales. Most of them are married women with at least moderately successful husbands or divorced women with children who have received a good divorce settlement. Men don't have that privilege in residential real estate careers.
All excellent points. I forgot to mention that attractive young females can have a career opportunity in real estate sales if they want because thirsty brokers want that eye candy around. The broker will pay for her licensing coursework and give them offices and everything else just because they are young and hot.

They say young and hot women sell real estate better but I often wonder how true that really is. If I was buying real estate I would prefer someone with true experience in the field.

Most successful brokers are husband and wife teams that are middle aged or older and working 12 hour days every day for years on end and they have a physically toughened business acumen and long-term business owner appearance.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that attractive young females can have a career opportunity in real estate sales if they want because thirsty brokers want that eye candy around. The broker will pay for her licensing coursework and give them offices and everything else just because they are young and hot.
This is true. The young, single women often time can't make the financial aspect work though because they don't have the money to pay bills until their commission checks start arriving. That discourages a lot of attractive, 20 something women from doing residential real estate sales. A lot of those women in sales roles can get other sales jobs that pay a base salary + commission. Many companies want to hire attractive young, childless women as sales reps. This sales in pharmaceutical sales, medical device sales, or beer brand/liquor brand sales reps.

Young, single, childless women also would prefer not to work weekends. There are many other Mon-Fri sales jobs that don't require weekends.

They say young and hot women sell real estate better but I often wonder how true that really is. If I was buying real estate I would prefer someone with true experience in the field.

Most successful brokers are husband and wife teams that are middle aged or older and working 12 hour days every day for years on end and they have a physically toughened business acumen and long-term business owner appearance.
Residential real estate sales tends to attract married moms and divorced moms with good divorce settlements.

The schedule in residential real estate sales on weekdays allows moms to parent more easily. On weekends, when a married or divorced mom is working open houses and settling purchase contracts, the kids are with their dad in either case.

There are plenty of attractive, 30+ year old MILF types in residential real estate sales. It's a better fit for them than the childless women.

Nobody who is making $7.25 these days has their own place or a car. They are literally living at home with their parents or with someone else or several other people.
At $7.25-$10 per hour, you're either living with your parents or living with several others on your own while collecting welfare.

What I meant was $20/hr is pretty much the bare minimum you can make these days and still live on your own. You may or may not have a vehicle and if you do, it's likely because it was paid off or extremely cheap and likely a hooptie. You are struggling on $20/hr and likely robbing Peter to pay Paul every month and living on Ramen noodles.
$20 per hour with a 40 hour work week is $41,600/year.

$40,000-$45,000 a year in my city will enable a person to get a 2 bedroom apartment with a roommate in a 35+ year old complex. That person can likely afford having a vehicle. It's not going to be great. This lifestyle is easier to pull off for younger women than younger men in my city because men's SMV is judged on income/employment.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
$20 per hour with a 40 hour work week is $41,600/year.
Then subtract all of the taxes and other deductions. In some states they will take 20% or more so that $20 would be chiseled down to $16. Some big city workers pay even more than 20% of paychecks going to taxes and other deductions they will never see.

Employers are so bad to tell employees they are making a certain salary or wage the way they do. They should just be up front and pre-calculate taxes into the posted wage.

Instead of saying “You make $20 per hour” just say “After taxes you make $15.91 per hour”.

josesfeir

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, I completely get where you're coming from. When I started out, I was fresh outta college, dabbling in the real estate scene and yeah, the initial period was tough. Those delayed commission checks were no joke! I eventually switched to a sales role with a tech startup - consistent pay, no weekends, it was a relief.