Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cannabis users are resistant to obesity and type 2 diabetes...but at a price...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Apparently adolescents who smoke weed are in a perpetual "pseudo-lean" state but it's because THC screws up the bodies ability to use fat stores properly...

"Drug-free male mice that had consumed THC as “teens” had reduced fat mass, increased lean mass, had higher-than-average body temperatures, and were partially resistant to both obesity and hyperglycemia. They were in what researchers referred to as a “pseudo-lean” state.

But they also had a reduced ability to use fuel from fat stores—a consequence that can interfere with tasks like moving and thinking, and especially sustaining attention, researchers found.

Similar features are seen in some humans who are frequent cannabis users, they remarked.

The reason for these permanent changes surprised the study’s authors. Once exposed to THC, fat in the mice’s stores began making proteins normally found only in the muscle and the heart. Meanwhile, their muscle cells begin making fewer of the proteins they should. The effort required of fat cells to make these “alien” proteins interferes with the correct, healthy functioning of fat cells, and their ability to store and release nutrients, researchers concluded."

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Here is the original study:

It’s a challenging read for those without the life science, allied health and medical and biological background. It is well referenced and all the data sets are available. The methodology to conduct the test is well documented as well.

I see nothing wrong with the information presented.

Not sure why anyone would say that it’s biased? In what way? These are published papers, in the open awaiting challenge, so far as I can tell none has been issued.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yes the study shows that fat metabolism is affected in adolescence and then in adulthood the effects in adulthood are negative: adipose tissues begin to produce protein markers that should not be produced making fat metabolism difficult.

I agree with your statements in general, but the results are not consistent with “yay use pot”!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yes the study shows that fat metabolism is affected in adolescence and then in adulthood the effects in adulthood are negative: adipose tissues begin to produce protein markers that should not be produced making fat metabolism difficult.

I agree with your statements in general, but the results are not consistent with “yay use pot”!
Agreed...the results are consistent with "Whoa! There is a lot more going on than what we thought and maybe we need to take a much closer look at this".

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll have to look for more "420" mentions on OLD.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have been researching this topic for 35 years as the test subject in my own experiments. I'm still waiting for any problems to appear.
Over 35 years the changes would be slow to the point you likely wouldn't notice until you get to a point it becomes noticeable.