Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you eat oatmeal raw?

yake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure you can. I live in germany, and most people just eat it as a cereal. Just take some oatmeal and add milk. Tada! Great breakfast if you add other stuff.

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's probably harder to digest but yeah, there's no problem eating it raw. I used to just eat it with milk without heating it up.. but if you mean eating it dry and raw.. that's entirely up to you and how much of an animal you are. :D

The Muscly Jerk

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually like it dry and raw (in small amounts though). Really dry at first but when some moisture gets in there it's just like a flapjack. :D

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, you can. Why would you want to do it though? Put some water in there. Live on the edge.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
Sure, you can. Why would you want to do it though? Put some water in there. Live on the edge.
I dont know why but this is hella funny

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to crush up oats in a coffee grinder and mix em with my morning breakfast shake, which is pretty raw. It does force your stomach to work a little harder but there's nothing wrong with it.

pvf94

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the point of doing this if you can have it warm...and taste 10x better? lmao

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes I throw it in the blender with milk, whey, peanut butter and extra virgin olive oil if i'm looking for something high in calories.

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pvf94 said:
What's the point of doing this if you can have it warm...and taste 10x better? lmao
because it doesn't take up nearly as much space raw. try eating a cup of cooked oatmeal vs. chugging a shake with 1 cup crushed oats. BIG difference

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
md3sign said:
because it doesn't take up nearly as much space raw. try eating a cup of cooked oatmeal vs. chugging a shake with 1 cup crushed oats. BIG difference
you can say that again

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that shyte will expand in your gut and absorb water and nutrients,great way to block up your colon- that tightness you feel is the process of it taking place..not good.Some bodybuilders put ground up oatmeal in their protein shakes..but why? it taste like sand and it mucks you up inside.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) you can't digest raw oatmeal.

It consists of complex starches and they have to be heated/boiled first, absorb water and only then the enzymes can get to them. If you eat it raw, you'll crap out all the nutrients. Same goes for potatoes.

2) The oatmeal in your bars and cereal is pre-cooked. It's pre-crushed and usually steamed.

3) If it's "raw" it's just dirty. It has dust, sand, mousecrap and other natural stuff in it. If you feel repulsed by the idea of bending down and licking some plant growing outside, then you should feel the same about eating raw oat grain.

4) Just because you can't digest it, doesn't mean it's bad for you. It stimulates persitalsis - the contractile motion of your intestine, and makes you crap a whole lot of better.

So you CAN eat it, but don't expect it to give you energy.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ice Cold said:
1)

4) Just because you can't digest it, doesn't mean it's bad for you. It stimulates persitalsis - the contractile motion of your intestine, and makes you crap a whole lot of better.

it's actually the fibers scraping the insides of your colon and scarring it,producing little tiny abrasions and causing mucus to form and allowing the stool to pass.Overtime this hardens the colon and damaging it's nerves becoming harder and harder to pass poop!

the fiber menace covers this process in great detail plus the danger of too much fiber in the diet. But i have tried the raw oats thing and i will NEVER do it again :(

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
organizedconfusion said:
it's actually the fibers scraping the insides of your colon and scarring it,producing little tiny abrasions and causing mucus to form and allowing the stool to pass.Overtime this hardens the colon and damaging it's nerves becoming harder and harder to pass poop!

the fiber menace covers this process in great detail plus the danger of too much fiber in the diet. But i have tried the raw oats thing and i will NEVER do it again :(
pubmed links or lying

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.fibermenace.com/

You believe fiber is a health food. Fiber Menace tells you otherwise. And here is why:
Fiber has zero nutritional value. It contains no vitamins, minerals, or microelements, and it's indigestible to boot. All of fiber's make-believe health benefits are related to five of its prominent qualities: "water absorbency," "bulk," "roughage," "fermentation," and "laxative" effect. All five are behind fiber's primary goal in human nutrition: the prevention and treatment of constipation. In reality, here is what actually takes place:

Water absorbency causes fiber to expand. While the whole point and purpose of chewing and digestion is to reduce food particles to the barest minimum and liquefy them for easy passage through the digestive tract, fiber does the complete opposite-it balloons four to five times its original size and weight, and congregates into large lumps. Can that be any good for you? Well, it's just as good as swallowing food without chewing.

Bulk means that fiber makes stools large and heavy. How heavy? About four to five times as heavy, or as much as the amount of water it can absorb and retain. Can that be any good for you? It's just about as good as swallowing apples whole. Large objects tend to get stuck inside passageways, be it an apple inside the mouth, or bulky stools inside the colon. That's why so many children and adults suffer from chronic constipation.

Roughage means that fiber makes stools rough. Rough enough to cause diverticular and hemorrhoidal diseases, anal tears, and crimson blood streaks on passing stools. So rough, in fact, that many toddlers fed high-fiber diets refuse to move their bowels because of pain, and eventually have to be "manually disimpacted" (meaning the impacted stools must be removed by hand, under anesthesia, by a surgeon or specially-trained nurse).

Excessive fermentation causes pain and suffering. Gases and acid are the byproducts of fiber's bacterial fermentation, which causes bloating, flatulence, and abdominal pain, and are the "driving forces" behind IBS, diverticular disease, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease. That's why doctors prescribe antibiotics to wipe out bacteria. Unfortunately, once the bacteria are gone, constipation becomes even worse, and doctors recommend even more fiber.

The laxative effect is particular to soluble fiber, also known as "mucilage." It's based on the fact that once inside the intestines, soluble fiber blocks water absorption (along with essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, of course), and this causes diarrhea. Of course, consuming foods that have laxative effects can't be good for either irritable bowel syndrome or colitis, because diarrhea is one of its main outcomes.

If you still doubt that dietary fiber is a menace, just note the following description of the side effects associated with fiber laxatives, which are, of course, 100% pure, unadulterated fiber:

"Bloating, gas, and a feeling of fullness may occur. If these effects continue or become bothersome, inform your doctor. Notify your doctor if you experience: stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, rectal bleeding, unrelieved constipation."

The more fiber you consume either with food or laxatives, the more severe its impact, and the older you are, the more obvious and menacing these side effects. It's even worse for toddlers whose digestive organs are much more vulnerable than adults' because of their tiny size. That's why this book is called Fiber Menace.

At the end of the day, the damage from fiber adds up to unfortunate medical statistics: indigestion, heartburn (GERD), gastritis, ulcers, hernias, gallstones, constipation, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticular disease, precancerous polyps, chronic diarrhea, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease. Ironically, fiber is recommended to treat and prevent all of these disorders with a predictable outcome: they get worse, and some transform into deadly cancers.

It's best to read Fiber Menace while you digestive organs are still intact. By the time you'll hear from medical establishment that fiber is a menace, it may be too late to prevent and reverse the damage. It's never too late, though, to stop the on-going carnage.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what what i benefit from lying about such a thing? that's plain ridiculis.
eat a cup of shredded raw oatmeal blended in milk or protein shake and tell me how you feel in about an hour...