Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Calling everyone here who has worked in nightlife (bars and nightclubs) before.

drakeisfire

Banned
Reaction score
How tough would it be for me to convince a manager at a nightclub to hire me if I also work a 9 to 5 for the weekdays?

I am trying to bartend.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends if you have experience, training, supply and demand of bartenders in your area, etc. I would think good looking women would get hired first in that type of job.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How tough would it be for me to convince a manager at a nightclub to hire me if I also work a 9 to 5 for the weekdays?

I am trying to bartend.
All depends on your experience, and if there are opening. The better bars and clubs have bartenders that keep that job forever because the tips are so good.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score

I am trying to bartend.
Find a bartender, ask him to take you under his wing as an apprentice (bribe him if you must).

He'll get you a job at his place 1st, then you'll get referrals to other joints once you're learned the tricks of the trade and a passing mark by ur mentor.

logicallefty

Reaction score

I am trying to bartend.
Sounds like that should be pretty easy to accomplish. I don’t know about where you live but in my neck of the woods bartending jobs are pretty easy to get, especially the dayshift like you want. Now the bars in my area aren’t your 5 star New York night clubs. These are small town taverns and biker bars where working men go after work. But they are often short handed especially m-f days. That is because the good reliable people often have better jobs from m-f 9-5 and only bartend part time like i used to.

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
Find a bartender, ask him to take you under his wing as an apprentice (bribe him if you must).

He'll get you a job at his place 1st, then you'll get referrals to other joints once you're learned the tricks of the trade and a passing mark by ur mentor.
Would OP still be in a good spot even if he was a bar back or a busser?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Would OP still be in a good spot even if he was a bar back or a busser?
Depends. We're talking about a normal city nightclub and not some small bar.

Most do not get to be apprenticed by the bartender. He'd prefer a bar back to remain a bar back.

The apprentices I hired was exclusively through the recommendations of the bartender. I only later learned that bribery is a form to ensure apprenticeship.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not hard. Every DJ, Bartender, Bouncer and even some managers I’ve met have a day job of some sort or are in school.
It’s a non issue really..

Reactions: Von

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP since I've been here you talked about having a Night Life job.

It's been 3 years.... Just get at it.

If you shy: just pay to get in a bartending school that should speed up your training and make some contacts.

A easy way is to start at some "easy going restaurant with a bar"... You'll have time to be trained, and since they " less busy" are more open to recruit newbies

drakeisfire

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like that should be pretty easy to accomplish. I don’t know about where you live but in my neck of the woods bartending jobs are pretty easy to get, especially the dayshift like you want. Now the bars in my area aren’t your 5 star New York night clubs. These are small town taverns and biker bars where working men go after work. But they are often short handed especially m-f days. That is because the good reliable people often have better jobs from m-f 9-5 and only bartend part time like i used to.
Yeah but that's the thing, me or no one really wants to bartend at the spotty places where the older sketchier folks gather. I don't necessarily want to bartend at a 5 star nightclub starting out either but any place where a reasonable number of hotter young women gather.

Also, they are not so easy to get at all, at least not here in Atlanta.

drakeisfire

Banned
Reaction score

How does the apprentice thing really work? Usually I hear they start you out as barback or something and then maybe you can move up.

drakeisfire

Banned
Reaction score
Not hard. Every DJ, Bartender, Bouncer and even some managers I’ve met have a day job of some sort or are in school.
It’s a non issue really..
Must be something dependent on city then. It seems like most of the bartenders I know are full time here in Atlanta, at least in Buckhead.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
How does the apprentice thing really work? Usually I hear they start you out as barback or something and then maybe you can move up.
Yes you'll start off as a barback and he'll teach you the trick of his trade.

The thing with bartending - it's an important position in a nightclub of which referrals are prized in order to get a job in a reputable establishment.

In my former nightclub, I hired 2 bartenders with 2 barbacks to cater to the crowds. It's when 1 bartender goes on leave (sick/awol/annual leave) that the apprentice gets his shot to shine.

Bartending skills is not the only criteria in keeping a bartender around, it's also his youth, attractiveness and ability to freely mingle/interact with patrons that comes to the bar.

A good bartender earns good tips. ;)

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, I don't work in the nightlife (club and bar) industry however I have worked 18 years permanent nights full-time in the health care industry. You see your problem is you work 9 to 5 already. When do you expect to sleep working a full-time day job? Me? My other jobs are Uber/Lyft/SkipTheDishes/DoorDasher where I can control my schedule and sleep a good 7 hours. That's the main issue is sleep and yes it is important. Look I have a social life as well and I workout so I know it is important so my advice if you are looking for another job do it where you can control your schedule. Being a bartender or working at a club they schedule you and you might be tired one day for working too much.

drakeisfire

Banned
Reaction score
Yes you'll start off as a barback and he'll teach you the trick of his trade.

The thing with bartending - it's an important position in a nightclub of which referrals are prized in order to get a job in a reputable establishment.

In my former nightclub, I hired 2 bartenders with 2 barbacks to cater to the crowds. It's when 1 bartender goes on leave (sick/awol/annual leave) that the apprentice gets his shot to shine.

Bartending skills is not the only criteria in keeping a bartender around, it's also his youth, attractiveness and ability to freely mingle/interact with patrons that comes to the bar.

A good bartender earns good tips. ;)
So when you say youth, how old is too old to really start the bartending aspirations? Seems like in my neck of the woods all bartenders are early 20s.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
So when you say youth, how old is too old to really start the bartending aspirations? Seems like in my neck of the woods all bartenders are early 20s.
Generally early 20's.

Bartenders must blend in with the average age of the crowd that frequents nightclubs.

3 important criteria in having a successful nightclub besides location and design/layout is having the right personnel; a motherfvcking youthful manager who seduces and fvcks around with the ladies, a motherfvcking DJ who also fvcks around with the ladies and a motherfvcking bartender who also fvcks around with the ladies.

Remember that when deciding on carrying out bartending.

If you fit into that frame, then you'll do just great.