Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Buffalo, NY is a "bachelor's dream"?

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Buffalo is a dump. There are few hot women there. The climate sucks, the job market is pvss poor. The only redeeming quality about Buffalo is that it is close to a very populated area of Canada. Most of the fun is better across the border.
Not really sure where you're getting your job market stats from, but the Buf area has actually rebounded pretty decently in the last decade. Plenty good jobs in all sectors. Unemployment rate is 3.2% vs US average of 3.4% and has been below US average since pre-pandemic.

With that caveat I concede it's not a glamorous place by most standards, which makes it all the more easy to stand out and succeed with women, without bankrupting yourself, which is precisely why it'd be on a list like this.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not really sure where you're getting your job market stats from, but the Buf area has actually rebounded pretty decently in the last decade. Plenty good jobs in all sectors. Unemployment rate is 3.2% vs US average of 3.4% and has been below US average since pre-pandemic.

With that caveat I concede it's not a glamorous place by most standards, which makes it all the more easy to stand out and succeed with women, without bankrupting yourself, which is precisely why it'd be on a list like this.
Buffalo is quickly becoming a major tech hub and has several very successful startups as well as a startup incubator 43 North. Quite a few companies have moved their tech centers here and it is the center North American operations for HSBC, one of the largest global banks in the world.

In addition to being a major bioinformatics hub and scientific research area with UB becoming one of the biggest schools in the US and having an internationally renowned(ranked top 40 in the world) cancer center.

It's also very well known for architecture as it was the richest city per Capita in the US at the turn of the 20th century(1900) and has numerous buildings from famous architects and unlike many cities that simply let their buildings fall into disrepair and end up demolishing them, Buffalo has went to great lengths to repair and maintain their buildings...to the point people come from all over the world to go on architecture tours.

There are plenty of people who feel Buffalo is a hidden gem and loved visiting

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean like the "I'm broke so I have to live with 3 roommates" lifestyle that NYC gives them?
Hate all you want, NYC will always be head and heels over most cities when it comes to single lifestyle.

Not really sure where you're getting your job market stats from, but the Buf area has actually rebounded pretty decently in the last decade. Plenty good jobs in all sectors.
The jobs in Buffalo suck and are low wage. Only good fields are education and health care. Other industries you will make half as much salary as you should be making in another market.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
the lack of privacy in big metros is a joke. Its like being back in college. You can't have "good sex" without privacy.
The funny thing is people go to great lengths to act like this is in some way "normal" for 40 year olds and how it's acceptable.

GTFO with that nonsense. It's neither normal nor acceptable, it's just the story they tell themselves to make them feel better.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hate all you want, NYC will always be head and heels over most cities when it comes to single lifestyle.

The jobs in Buffalo suck and are low wage. Only good fields are education and health care. Other industries you will make half as much salary as you should be making in another market.
Yeah...I think you either work in a dead end career or are out of touch with reality. That's not the case. Fast food places are paying people $20+/hr now and can't find people to work.

Software engineering jobs can be well over $100K and are pretty plentiful.

If you want to be a factory worker, can't help with that tho. The people complaining about this type of stuff are the people who want to work low end jobs or go to school for liberal arts or music then wonder why they have to work some crap job.

Also most school districts pay teachers over 100K by the time they are 15-20 years in, so unlike most places, teachers make out like bandits here considering the pensions and other benefits they get from the state when they retire.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling the early '90's Bills a Dynasty is a story people tell themselves to make them feel better.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...I think you either work in a dead end career or are out of touch with reality. That's not the case. Fast food places are paying people $20+/hr now and can't find people to work.
I make over $100K. Had to leave Buffalo to do it.

Software engineering jobs can be well over $100K and are pretty plentiful.
Not in Buffalo.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Not in Buffalo.
Me too and I didn't. Choose a better career. Also someone making 50K in Buffalo is better off financially than someone making 100K in NYC.

And they don't face 1-2 hour commutes, psychos shoving people on subway tracks randomly and trains that smell like piss from he bums riding them all night.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me too and I didn't. Choose a better career.
Not sure what you mean by that. High paying jobs are not plentiful in Buffalo. I don’t know why this topic is so controversial. You can move there if you want. I’d bet my right testicle that most single guys with any kind of ambition will despise that place. It is not an area for achievers. The women are below average and transplants are not flocking to Buffalo.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by that. High paying jobs are not plentiful in Buffalo. I don’t know why this topic is so controversial. You can move there if you want. I’d bet my right testicle that most single guys with any kind of ambition will despise that place. It is not an area for achievers. The women are below average and transplants are not flocking to Buffalo.
Or perhaps it's gotten rid of all the people who needed to go and all the people who wanted to change it for the better came back.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Not in Buffalo.
Yes they are. It's becoming a tech hub and has had several companies move their IT operations here over the last 5 years. Catch up and stop living in the past.

BTW, you want to see a dump? Go to Newark or Trenton a few miles from where you are at near NYC. Might be the biggest dumps in the entire US

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah if you want to pay a lot of money to live in a trash can.
You pay the money for location. Land in Newark is worth more than land in Buffalo and land in a lot of other places. It has a major international airport, one of the busiest shipping ports in the US, the second busiest train station in the US, and is only 10 miles away from Manhattan. The developers figured this out and are starting to consume block by block.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You pay the money for location. Land in Newark is worth more than land in Buffalo and land in a lot of other places. It has a major international airport, one of the busiest shipping ports in the US, the second busiest train station in the US, and is only 10 miles away from Manhattan. The developers figured this out and are starting to consume block by block.
Newark is assuredly not 2nd busiest train station.

Both NYC stations(Penn and Grand Central) are busier, as is Chicago's Union Station by multiple times.

Boston's South Station is also busier.

Newark is ranked 7th in the US