Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Buffalo, NY is a "bachelor's dream"?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evidently ...
Resident Trevor Kearns, 29, said Buffalo's high numbers of single women and thriving bar scene make it a bachelor's dream.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone looking for cheap and chearful. The old cheap places in big cities being gentrified like london gentrification and rents going up in all the old cheap places. Need to look outside where things are cheaper.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buffalo, NY has a long and unpleasant winter. Women would tend to wear layers of clothing.

It does have some things going for it.

Buffalo likely has better ratios than male heavy cities like Denver, San Diego, San Francisco/San Jose, or Los Angeles.

It doesn't seem to be overly reliant on swipe apps.

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
As shocking as it may seem, I actually think there's some truth to this. I have a lot of friends in Buffalo, live a bit over two hours away. I visit probably about once a month or so.

Bar/social scene is still very active even in the winter, the city is very much about drinking culture. Frankly I think people there are just used to the weather. Quite a few very affordable neighborhoods that I'd consider leaning towards the younger crowd. It's that rare combination of hip but still leaning conservative I find appealing.

As far as cities go, Buffalo leans towards blue-collar, so masculinity isn't automatically seen as toxic, which is a plus. That said, I'm always surprised by the quality and attractiveness of younger women there (but yes the older crowd does skew towards the stereotypical larger chicken wing eating crowd).

There's no shortage of sporting events, be it the Bills, Sabres, Bandits. But also a lot of quality music/comic acts make the rounds there. There are a bunch of decent colleges in the area UB, Canisius, Niagara, Buff State, and since there are no truly "college town" areas, the ladies from these schools tend to intermingle with the general population more.

Overall I definitely think it's a slept on city, only issue is you have to deal with New York's government, a big detractor

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buffalo is on the larger end of being a mid-sized market, with around 1 million in population of the metro area.

I consider mid-sized metros to be between 150,000 - ~1 million.

A lot of mid-sized metros are good choices. There's enough choice so that you're not lacking options. Lacking options is the biggest problems in areas under 150,000 in population. However, once metro areas get too big (usually somewhere over 1 million), the women in the area get very selective and then start chasing the top tier and expecting nothing less than that.

A lot of mid-sized metros fall in the sweet spot. This might be applicable in Buffalo.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buffalo is on the larger end of being a mid-sized market, with around 1 million in population of the metro area.
Buffalo is small. Definitely not mid size. Mid size is a Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

Buffalo is a dump. There are few hot women there. The climate sucks, the job market is pvss poor. The only redeeming quality about Buffalo is that it is close to a very populated area of Canada. Most of the fun is better across the border.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buffalo is small. Definitely not mid size. Mid size is a Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

Buffalo is a dump. There are few hot women there. The climate sucks, the job market is pvss poor. The only redeeming quality about Buffalo is that it is close to a very populated area of Canada. Most of the fun is better across the border.
Keep in mind that the populated area of Canada that you're referring to is Toronto. Toronto is heavily criticized in the Manosphere as the worst mating market in North America.

I have never been to either Buffalo or Toronto.

I wouldn't be excited to live in Buffalo. I could see how a mid-sized market would be appealing in theory.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the populated area of Canada that you're referring is Toronto. Toronto is heavily criticized in the Manosphere as the worst mating market in North America.
I disagree with that based off experience. I had a lot of success with Canadian chicks.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Seems like a lot has changed since you left.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might have an angle as a black guy that a white guy might not have, due to progressive influence
I see this as possible. I've heard far more bad reports about Toronto than good ones.

I do not recommend Buffalo to anyone seeking a bachelor lifestyle.
The article in the first post does not change my perception of Buffalo. I have no interest in living there.

You have to go where the women are going. They like big cities. Chicks want a lifestyle.
I've been in the big cities. Big cities are not always a great mating environment.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the populated area of Canada that you're referring to is Toronto. Toronto is heavily criticized in the Manosphere as the worst mating market in North America.

I have never been to either Buffalo or Toronto.

I wouldn't be excited to live in Buffalo. I could see how a mid-sized market would be appealing in theory.
Neither are athletes until they get here...then they stay here after they retire. Funnily enough they have enough money to live wherever they want.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Quite possibly a bigger dump than Albany..
Coming from a dude who lives a few miles from Hartford that's rich. How are the Whalers doing btw?

Nothing for miles and miles and they can't even support the one team they lucked into.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It is possible, however improbable. I do not recommend Buffalo to anyone seeking a bachelor lifestyle.

You have to go where the women are going. They like big cities. Chicks want a lifestyle. Buffalo is a drag.
You mean like the "I'm broke so I have to live with 3 roommates" lifestyle that NYC gives them?