Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Boycott Gillette

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm watching the bimbos on "The View" talk about this ad like it's some revolutionary thought provoking hyper woke commercial that should he given an Oscar.

Hahah America ... Thank god for Trump or we would ALL be PUZZIES on tv

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Harry's is no better
Looks like Harry's is out. What is up with razor companies and SWJs? No way that person writing their twitter feed is a dude. They're actually aghast that there is a day for men. I mean I don't care if we get a day or not, but to actually be shocked at the idea?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guy stops 2 boys who are clearly play wrestling. That is natural masculine behavior by boys. They will grow up weak.
Not that I have kids, but if my son was the one getting sat upon by the other kid, he's the one who would get yelled at

"That's not what we do! You shrimp to establish guard, then break down his posture. Now sweep, son, sweep!"

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are taking a very small minority of men and generalizing their behaviors to all men; typical left extreme viewpoints.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A four-to-one thumbs down to thumbs up ratio, in the hundreds of thousands.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

They want cut off our b***s with their razors!
I just saw this today. What a complete ****ing joke that is man. I use a straight razor anyway but that commercial was straight up soyboy promotions.

Last edited:

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
The Kendall Jenner Pepsi commercial was worse. Police in riot gear beating down members of the public for peacefully protesting, when Kim Kardashian's sister suddenly steps out in the crowd, hands a police officer a Pepsi, and ALL is right with the world.

I wonder who at Gillette thought it was a good idea to criticize and preach at their customer base?
Exactly.

Executive: "Hey Gillette CEO, I'm the advertising president. What do you think of making a commercial that bashes the male gender, insults them, teaches them how to behave in regards to women, and rips away their masculinity?"

Gillette CEO: "Absolutely. Go for it. Here are the funds for the commercial. This is going to a runaway hit with our consumers."

:oops:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm watching the bimbos on "The View" talk about this ad like it's some revolutionary thought provoking hyper woke commercial
I saw a story on the Gillette ad on the news tonight. Talked about how it was rubbing some people the wrong way.
How about you tell us why we should shave with your products, instead of telling us how to live?

The thing that makes me mad is they're probably getting a lot of free publicity over this.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Have you boys posted ur thoughts of this shiet in ur FB or spoken to other men ?

Spread the word man.

Get it snowballed !

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly think most people, even outside of the manosphere are waking up to how crazy and how this has gone too far. For every time something like this comes out it seems that the resistance against it grows among reasonable people, including women (especially those liking the attention from men). It's not problematic only for men, even though it it has the greatest negative impact on us. I think we have less and less cause for genuine worry regarding stuff like this, but we do need to keep up the pressure against it.

I think feminist statements like these receive support only from a diminishing minority.
Whilst that may be true for men in general and of which I do support ur stance you'll need to remember that how we think or how we interact with the world is vastly different then how a woman thinks or interact with the world.

This ad i suspect is primarily aimed at women - mothers and wife's.

Even my Gillette and other toiletries is being bought by my girlfriend for years now.

They're the ones enjoying doing that shiet.

Women might appear agreeable to you but behind ur back they'd do the opposite of what they think a man should be by raising their sons per their idea - therein lies the problem.

Their idea of what a man should be is basically simplistic = how they WISH to be treated by men. That's it.

ShadowFenix

Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean the message of getting men to be their best version of themselves is actually a good message.

The part that they did wrong is thinking that part of becoming the best version of yourself is that you have to strip away your masculinity.

I went to the website they list in the video, and it looks like this will be an ongoing campaign, so I'm curious how they will present other ways to "become the best you can be"

Billtx49

Reaction score
I wonder who at Gillette thought it was a good idea to criticize and preach at their customer base?
Well it’s Never a good advertising idea that potentially alienates a large part of your sales base to gain some on the other side.…
Apparently they thing men won’t mind it.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it’s Never a good advertising idea that potentially alienates a large part of your sales base to gain some on the other side.…
Apparently they thing men won’t mind it.
I'm going to be honest here. I can't remember the last time I had to buy a razor, because my girlfriend keeps me stocked.
I wonder how many guys are in a similar boat? Maybe they figure the women are the ones who buy the bathroom supplies?

Reactions: Von

Billtx49

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here. I can't remember the last time I had to buy a razor, because my girlfriend keeps me stocked.
I wonder how many guys are in a similar boat? Maybe they figure the women are the ones who buy the bathroom supplies?
At a certain age most men decide which products they prefer then buy them themselves or get a GF or wife to buy the preferred items…
Product choices are your option.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My only issues with the commercial are that they are associating sh*tty behavior with masculinity, and there was one scene that was just total bullsh*t. Bullying and harassment are NOT masculine. The scene that was BS is the one where the guy sees an attractive girl and starts off after her. Before he can even get moving, a guy stops him and says, "Woah, not cool!" Uh why? What was he going to do? Approach her to talk to her? There is clearly nothing wrong with that.