Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Boycott Gillette

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use that other mail order one... forget the name offhand. Seems to give me a decent shave. I will not have Gillette products in my house again, that's for sure.

It's good to see on YouTube that men's awareness is growing by leaps and bounds and this kind of thing isn't met with passive acceptance anymore.
What exactly is wrong with the video? I wasn't persuaded in any direction or "touched" in any sense by it, but you guys seem to be revolted. So I'm just curious to understand what the big deal is, what is it I didn't see?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
An advert inspired by the feminine imperative meant to subjugate men by getting women across the board on the same bandwagon - brainwashing their own son's into weak pvssies.

Gillette needs to be punished !

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn... the comments on youtube are killing the ads.... and posters are complaining that Gillette or Youtube is deleting the comments.

In my opinion, this Ad had nothing to do with Razors lol

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What exactly is wrong with the video? I wasn't persuaded in any direction or "touched" in any sense by it, but you guys seem to be revolted. So I'm just curious to understand what the big deal is, what is it I didn't see?
Guy stops 2 boys who are clearly play wrestling. That is natural masculine behavior by boys. They will grow up weak.

Guys stop friends from simple flirting.

There is nothing wrong with whistling.

I could go on.

Serenity

Reaction score
Wow! Gillette can go fvck themselves! Men is taking waaaay more sh!t than we deserve. I'm growing increasingly annoyed by the feminists who so obviously blame men for everything. Nobody ever makes an ad campaign out of how absolutely abusive women can be, nobody gives a fvck about that.

Feminism is one of many cancers of society.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
They deleted like 48,000 negative comments...

The desperation now is in full swing to contain the blowback and change the narrative into one where they get more support - by deceitfully manipulating the numbers.

We might be a few here but if everyone on SoSuave do their part in boycotting their products and actively spread the word around - it will have a more cohesive effect and snowball on the rest of the manosphere.

Gillette must not be allowed to go about unchallenged and shape young boys into grown up pvssies.

I for one will boycott them and likewise seek to influence friends and acquaintances to do the same.

How about you ?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You weren't persuaded because it was poorly executed, shopworn drivel. Not a single scene in that ad looked like anything other than a Madison Avenue production with a lame agenda. And it was clearly aiming for "shaming" men rather than encouraging men simply to be better. And I think most people here are revolted because it's a frikking razor company lecturing men on how to behave, behind the puppet strings of an ad agency that probably has also used sex to sell products to us thousands of times. Not to mention, as one of the YT commenters said, they even have the gall to charge women more for the same product, lol.

Basically, this is a commercial that looks and sounds like it was created by a bunch of insulated yes-people in a Manhattan conference room, who read the New York Times and CNN, follow the latest stupid diets, and believe that testosterone is poison.

The lamest point was when a black dude stops a white dude from catcalling and says "whoah, not cool." Hahaha. Not saying that's not possible, but take a walk through Harlem some time. Point being that they couldn't even dare to have a brother stop a brother, they had to go with the noble minority vs. the out-of-bounds white (though ethnically ambiguous) as per 2019 mass media programming.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's an Ad to get Women to buy Gillette razors for themselve, boy, men, hubby (Brilliant)

They just insulted the Men on the way by going full social justice warrior (and not talking about razor)

All this to increase market shares by targetting the ladies

Serenity

Reaction score
It victimizes women and paint men as offenders with a very wide brush. One thing I reacted to in particular was that one guy who eyed a woman passing by and the other man holding him back, as if eyeing women is bad. It doesn't persuade you or anyone on this forum because we're a bit more enlightened. But you should know that there's plenty of men out there yet unaware of what's actually fair and who feel intimidated by stuff like this, to the point they will have huge struggles even just approaching a woman in fear of being the bad guy.

I'm against sexual harassment, but modern feminism paint harassment as just even trying to talk to talk to a woman out of sexual or romantic interests. That is completely unacceptable as it is only technically harassment if you continue after the woman shows her disinterest in the approach and it should be obvious that continued persistence is just bothering her. Basically it's only harassment when a guy doesn't respect a rejection, not if he tries the first couple times as they paint it.

We might be a few here but if everyone on SoSuave do their part in boycotting their products and actively spread the word around - it will have a more cohesive effect and snowball on the rest of the manosphere.
I honestly think most people, even outside of the manosphere are waking up to how crazy and how this has gone too far. For every time something like this comes out it seems that the resistance against it grows among reasonable people, including women (especially those liking the attention from men). It's not problematic only for men, even though it it has the greatest negative impact on us. I think we have less and less cause for genuine worry regarding stuff like this, but we do need to keep up the pressure against it.

I think feminist statements like these receive support only from a diminishing minority.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who do you think should decide what behaviors are appropriate for you to engage in?
You mean it's not my razor company?
:)

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dollar Shave Club?
We're going to have "Male Power" slogans pretty soon!
Yes, Dollar Shave Club. I only have to shave every other day at most, and these blades do the trick for me.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, Dollar Shave Club. I only have to shave every other day at most, and these blades do the trick for me.
I am going to subscribe to the Dollar shave club too!

Dollar Shave Club is owned by Unilever since 2016.
Unilever paid 1 billions USD in cash for it!

Took 2 guys 5 years to make 1 billions USD (minus shares sharing, debt, expense and taxes.... Likely 300 millions each!)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder who at Gillette thought it was a good idea to criticize and preach at their customer base?