Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Blind Date

Filmmaker

New Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
70
Location
Boulder, Colorado
have seen three times now one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in the world -- the problem is she is blind -- I'm about to approach her and was wondering if there is anything special I should do.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
626
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
If I was up your ass you'd know
while she could be more shy than most girls, i would just approach her like any other girl (for fvcks sake don't sneak up on her). People with disabilities do not like to be treated differently than anyone else. Although you will definately need to take this a little slow, and she will have to trust you before she will let you take her anywhere im sure (since she won't know where you are driving her, etc). Try just hanging out with her in a casual atmosphere not a date at first cuz its definately going to be hard to get her to trust you. You could definately kino this girl and im sure she will respond well to it since it will help her know where you are, etc. Probably not going to be a good movie date (wich you shouldn't do anyways) or anything like mini golf (wich I also think is gay) but im sure you can score a coffee date with her. Your verbal game is going to have to be pretty tight, cuz your looks aren't going to score you any points here.

One last thing, don't treat her like shes a charity case to be dating or anything, pimp her like any other girl.
 

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
1,910
Reaction score
22
Location
California
hUh?? are you trying to bang a blind chick?? something not right about that.
 

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
1,910
Reaction score
22
Location
California
hey man...on the date, bring up the subject of movies and ask her what movies shes seen....shell love ya for that!! LOL j/p , that was an evil joke...
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Filmmaker

New Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
70
Location
Boulder, Colorado
Blind Date -- Still trying

Ken 785 -- Your suggestion about the movies may not be a bad thing since I found she listens to them -- saw her at my gym today -- I had to stare in awe -- but anyhow Ken 785 I'm not trying to bang her -- I want to meet her and no I don't want to be just her friend -- I think having worked around people who are blind and deaf they want to be loved and respected just like everyone else -- but I think they as b's nuts suggest it needs to be taken slow -- thanks everyone for your advice -- I think though I am going to tell her she has the most beautiful eyes because she does. Anyhow she was working on the treadmill today -- I'm impressed -- she is a strong woman.
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Reminds me of that Nip/Tuck episode where Christian is falling for that blind chick. I never watched any following episodes.
 

Seizing The Day

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
1
Location
Ohio
go to a sex toy shop and buy one of those giant dildos.

hold it out, let her feel it..........say " this is me"

:D
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
LOL!

Seeing that you're probably the only guy that will have showed any interest in her, there wont' be any compition, and she will probably be grateful for getting a guy. Just make sure you have a cool voice and you're set.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top