Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bill Gates is getting divorced lmao

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is beta as hell. Mans role is to protect and provide.
I agree with the protect part, but why provide? I mean, it's not like women have to go out and kill mastadons. Provisioning is not a male centered activity anymore. Since most women are not traditional anymore why should men be?

Reaction score
This is beta as hell. Mans role is to protect and provide. That’s the responsibility we assume if we take on a wife and children. If you want to keep 100% of your wealth just don’t get married.
but is it fair though

TheProspect

Reaction score
I agree with the protect part, but why provide? I mean, it's not like women have to go out and kill mastadons. Provisioning is not a male centered activity anymore. Since most women are not traditional anymore why should men be?
Ideally you’d attract & maintain the interest of a traditional woman, and then marry her if for nothing else but providing the statistically best environment to raise kids in, then you’d want to at least have the means to provide for both her and your children indefinitely if tough times necessitate it.

If she’s a good lover, partner, and the mother of your kids, why wouldn’t you provide for her? Why would a woman, assuming she’s of quality, settle for a man who operates out of fear and whose afraid of providing for his family because he’s scared to lose some money?

That being said, there’s always an inherent risk in marriage. I understand the apprehension about it, especially given that the women worthy of marriage are few and far between... and even then the system is rigged in the woman’s favour in most cases.

This is why due diligence before such a commitment is essential. Most failed marriages I’ve observed the man admits to compromising by ignoring or minimizing red flags in the woman.

Will proper screening avoid a train wreck of a divorce? Obviously not, but nothing worth having is easily attained and completely risk free at that. Not like you take your money with you when you die anyway.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I think a lot of modern men are too embittered to look at marriage for what it is; a legal union that is a necessary evil for raising children and having someone to give you meds when you’re too old and feeble to wipe your own ass.

If you don’t want kids, don’t get married.

Also, this idea that your wife is stealing assets from you is asinine. You know going in that if you marry a woman the household becomes shared and that includes money. If you want 100% of your own money for the rest of your life, don’t get married.

We know the terms going in. Guys need to stop bvtching about it. Some of y’all sound just as bad as women.
What makes you think one, she'll do it. Two, she'll stick around long enough for that lovely option of wiping your ass? Statistically speaking, it's a crap shot.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Ideally you’d attract & maintain the interest of a traditional woman, and then marry her if for nothing else but providing the statistically best environment to raise kids in, then you’d want to at least have the means to provide for both her and your children indefinitely if tough times necessitate it.

If she’s a good lover, partner, and the mother of your kids, why wouldn’t you provide for her? Why would a woman, assuming she’s of quality, settle for a man who operates out of fear and whose afraid of providing for his family because he’s scared to lose some money?

That being said, there’s always an inherent risk in marriage. I understand the apprehension about it, especially given that the women worthy of marriage are few and far between... and even then the system is rigged in the woman’s favour in most cases.

This is why due diligence before such a commitment is essential. Most failed marriages I’ve observed the man admits to compromising by ignoring or minimizing red flags in the woman.

Will proper screening avoid a train wreck of a divorce? Obviously not, but nothing worth having is easily attained and completely risk free at that. Not like you take your money with you when you die anyway.
We should make a sticky on required reading for dudes.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My grandfather lived to be 85. Died in his sleep at home next to his wife. He was active and mobile till the day he died despite having a heart only working at 20% according to doctors. He didn’t work out or eat healthy.

point is: with modern medicine and a healthy lifestyle, you can be mobile and capable at an older age. Marriage isn't gonna save you from bad health.

people need to stop living in fear but act proactively.

Reaction score
My grandfather lived to be 85. Died in his sleep at home next to his wife. He was active and mobile till the day he died despite having a heart only working at 20% according to doctors. He didn’t work out or eat healthy.

point is: with modern medicine and a healthy lifestyle, you can be mobile and capable at an older age. Marriage isn't gonna save you from bad health.

people need to stop living in fear but act proactively.
even if you aren’t married, your kids can be there to help. My grandad just died at a similar age and he basically needed help for like 3-4 years to his death. He basically lost all function 3-4 months before he died. It’s not like you will go party in Thailand one night and the next morning die in your sleep.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was feeling empathy and pity for Gates, Bill. Empathy is feminine, appears I still have more to learn/grow.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was feeling empathy and pity for Gates, Bill. Empathy is feminine, appears I still have more to learn/grow.
Empathy is masculine. Women are indifferent to men they aren't emotionally invested in.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being emphathetic has nothing to do with being feminine or not. In fact, most females are the most cold blooded creatures I've ever seen.

If you see a fellow man in distress and develop empathy for him, that's normal.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a lot of modern men are too embittered to look at marriage for what it is; a legal union that is a necessary evil for raising children and having someone to give you meds when you’re too old and feeble to wipe your own ass.
Marriage is no guarantee that you won't end up in an assisted living facility. Divorce and a wife dying before you often lead to this. More men should plan on assisted living.

If you don’t want kids, don’t get married.
I've been indifferent about having kids and haven't gotten married. Notice that Bill and Melinda officially split not longer after the youngest of their children turned 18. However, it is likely the marriage was dead in reality long before this.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is a strawman argument. Married men live longer and earn more money over their lifetime. Your grandfather despite poor health did manage to exceed life expectancy.

even if you aren’t married, your kids can be there to help.
Children have their own lives. They aren’t expected to take care of their parents. Your wife should be looking out for you and vice versa. Life happens, one of you can be widowed but you deal with that when it happens.

Marriage is no guarantee that you won't end up in an assisted living facility.
There are no guarantees. However, the statistics are you have a better chance at making it to the end of life in better shape with a spouse than without.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a strawman argument. Married men live longer and earn more money over their lifetime. Your grandfather despite poor health did manage to exceed life expectancy.

Children have their own lives. They aren’t expected to take care of their parents. Your wife should be looking out for you and vice versa. Life happens, one of you can be widowed but you deal with that when it happens.

There are no guarantees. However, the statistics are you have a better chance at making it to the end of life in better shape with a spouse than without.
I don’t know what a straw man argument is. I’m just stating some facts.

edit: after looking it up I don’t think it is strawman argument. We are talking about marriage and someone mentioned needing to be married so someone could help you with failing health. My grandpa was married but had no failing health that required assistance in the manner mentioned here.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I don’t know what a straw man argument is. I’m just stating some facts.

edit: after looking it up I don’t think it is strawman argument. We are talking about marriage and someone mentioned needing to be married so someone could help you with failing health. My grandpa was married but had no failing health that required assistance in the manner mentioned here.
Logic and relationships do not compute to the female brain or EyeBRollin. They both think similarly in that regard.