Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best workout plan for building mass

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading an old PDF by Anthony Ellis about building mass. What is the best plan to build mass these days?

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything you commit to and stick with.
Haven't read much on subject for years, but general consensus for natties is hitting muscles with higher frequency, rather body part split every 7 days.

Fully body 3 times a week if starting out, although I preferred upper lower, 4 times a week.

Now I split 3 ways, push, pull, legs - usually 5 times a week.

Key things are consistency, intensity and diet. If you hit those 3 things, and include main compounds in your workouts, you could choose pretty any recommended routine and get decent results.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Key things are consistency, intensity and diet. If you hit those 3 things, and include main compounds in your workouts, you could choose pretty any recommended routine and get decent results.
Pretty much this. If you'd ask me I'd say Starting Strength or 5x5. If you want mass you need a surplus of calories and a surplus of protein.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No idea as I've never done a mass-oriented program. I've heard Shortcut to Size and Arnolds Blueprint to Mass are good though.

Pretty much this. If you'd ask me I'd say Starting Strength or 5x5. If you want mass you need a surplus of calories and a surplus of protein.
In my experience 5x5 type of workouts are better for strength development and foundation than size. Some people with blessed genetics might make it work though.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
80% of skeletal muscle is in the legs, back, and posterior chain. To build mass, you must squat, deadlift, and barbell row. I recommend stronglifts 5X5.
Pullups too, especially weighted.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bascially do the big compounds for each body part, no need to focus too much on any area, do everything evenly. Finish off with some isolations for arms, calves etc.