"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Behind the moderating: The True Story of crazykid

RockGuitarist

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2002
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana... dirty south. No, seriously, it's ****
Lorenzo... good kid. Haven't heard much from him lately. Anyone still around that knows where that old Don Juanizising bastard went off to?

F'uck, and about the temper ****... man, get a punching bag. S'hit, I used to punch walls... bad idea. I still have scars on my knuckles for doing that s'hit. Get something you can beat the s'hit out. You'll feel much better afterwards.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by RockGuitarist
Lorenzo... good kid. Haven't heard much from him lately. Anyone still around that knows where that old Don Juanizising bastard went off to?

F'uck, and about the temper ****... man, get a punching bag. S'hit, I used to punch walls... bad idea. I still have scars on my knuckles for doing that s'hit. Get something you can beat the s'hit out. You'll feel much better afterwards.
He pops onto AIM every so often. He says this site has gone downhill (which it really has at times.) Oh, and I am taking frustration out on weights now. :D Glad to see you back Bedford.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Ahhhhh indeed.

Another post itching at me to achieve my full potential.
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
bump it is a good post for newbies to read.
 

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
298
Reaction score
0
Location
Rowland Heights, CA
nice story on how we sometimes need to change our lives

:D
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Pfeile

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Thanks for sharing your story with us crazykid. That was painful. I've thought about telling my own story one day, when I am a DJ and I can say I have suceeded in becoming the best man I can be (which I hope will not be too far away). You give me inspiration that I can become who I want to be. I know it can be done. Thank you.
 
Top