"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Balancing being serious with ****y/funny

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
This is the one thing I really have to work on. I'm either really really serious, or really really ****y/funny. I can't consistantly hit a medium. How many people here went through that phase, do you just learn with time/experience or what?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
im still going through that phase somewhat, altho i think im finding a way to the middle. its possible to have a medium between the 2. but i'd say you just gotta realize when to be c/f and when to be serious.
 

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by sharpshooter
This is the one thing I really have to work on. I'm either really really serious, or really really ****y/funny. I can't consistantly hit a medium. How many people here went through that phase, do you just learn with time/experience or what?
There is no definite medium for several reasons. 1. It depends on the girl. 2. It depends on your delivery. 3. It depends on what the actual joke is. Everything comes with experience. Every tip on these boards can't be learned over night... they can only be practiced so you can get better at them. There is no 'magic formula' for c&f or anything like that.
 

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
626
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
If I was up your ass you'd know
I think I am having this problem to. My gf says that im never serious, I am always laughing and joking around, never show emotion or are serious. I just told her she has seen emotion in me, when i get mad (thats about it). She says she wants to see me cry, I think she might think im to macho. Either way, I think i am having this same problem.
 

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by b's nuts
I think I am having this problem to. My gf says that im never serious, I am always laughing and joking around, never show emotion or are serious. I just told her she has seen emotion in me, when i get mad (thats about it). She says she wants to see me cry, I think she might think im to macho. Either way, I think i am having this same problem.
Duh! She wants to soften you up.. thats why girls go after jerks anyways.. because its easier to turn a jerk nice than turn a nice guy hardcore. I get similar stuff too and it doesnt phase me a bit...
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top