Back in the Gym

Deekay

Reaction score
How long does it take to regain your strength after a 3-month break off gym. Been squatting 110 kgs but now can hardly rep 80 kgs.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its pretty quick. Dont rush it though as rushing to get back to previous weights gets you injured

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends greatly on how strong you were.

Give it a little time, much of your strength loss is technique based. I'd recommend running Phraks Greyskull LP to get your strength baseline back up. Wouldn't hurt to add a set of Biceps Curls after every session either.

As said above, don't rush into things. That is the number one cause of injury, aside from lack of warmup sets before working sets.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not that long. They found that muscle memory is really a thing in that your muscle remembers how strong it was and can regain that strength much faster than if you were starting from scratch.

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember your body has a memory. Returning to (and exceeding) what level you were at is much faster than trying to build it the first time around. Either way, far better to start taking the first steps to get there. Showing up and being consistent is 90% of the battle.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not that long. They found that muscle memory is really a thing in that your muscle remembers how strong it was and can regain that strength much faster than if you were starting from scratch.
You sure that was strength? What I read was size. Strength has always returned slowly for me and others I know. Sure, it returned faster than first time strength gainz, but size always returned much faster in my experience.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You sure that was strength? What I read was size. Strength has always returned slowly for me and others I know. Sure, it returned faster than first time strength gainz, but size always returned much faster in my experience.

Seem to be both...

"It finds that if muscles have been trained in the past, they seem to develop a molecular memory of working out that lingers through a prolonged period of inactivity, and once we start training again, this “muscle memory” could speed the process by which we regain our former muscular strength and size."