Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

At what age did you get fed up of drinking alcohol ?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throughout my late 20's i started finding myself growing very tired of both the process, effect and aftermath of drinking alcohol so i really cut down my unit intake

Now i am 30 and at the stage where i am finding myself literally getting no enjoyment from it anymore , i find myself just sinking pints of beer for the sake of it

It's expensive , makes me feel like cr@p , usually depresses me and usually leads to terrible decision's

The guy i am currently living with loves drinking and has dragged me on a few lost causes in the last couple of weeks

Yesterday we went to watch some live sport he is drinking 2 beers to my 1 by the time the match has finished he can hardly walk straight its like 4.30 in the afternoon

He drags me around another couple of bars where i decide to switch to water , he makes some awful approaches at very low quality women and finally concludes the evening is not going anywhere

But before we leave he orders two ****tails for himself i tasted one and it tasted like straight vodka he downs both of them

I say what was the point in that ? , he replies "wanted to finish the night on a high lol"

By the time we got back to our apartment i was more or less sober and i was just thinking to myself this was literally the most pointless activity

Don't think i will go completely tee total but yea i don't wanna see another drink now until Christmas

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a fairly large drinker, however, I do know that I need to cut back. I went dry for 5 weeks recently, the only reason I got back on the wagon, was I had COVID, and I was going stir-crazy in my apartment alone for a 7 day isolation lock-down, so the bottle became my friend for that period. I'll probably go sober again soon. I'm working on my fitness as well.

Redwood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking about cutting back on this and seeing where this would take me. I feel like this is sort of hindering what projects I want to work on.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I only really drank in college when we were hanging out having parties or going out places.

I drink socially sometimes but to be honest if I never had another drink for the rest of my life, it wouldn't bother me at all. I can go months between drinks and don't even think twice about it.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gradually lost interest since my late 20s and now I truly hate it for the most part.

There are much better drugs for socializing or confidence. Phenibut / kratom in particular is god-mode.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never gotten into lush mode because I hate being drunk and hangovers suck.. If I get past a certain level of drunkenness, I puke. This holds true for most toxic food as well.

The gf and I drink ****tails almost daily, but it's for the flavor and the craft. I even make my own liquors. But it's rare that I even get tipsy for the reason stated above.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does social drinking mean ?

Every social event ive been to where alcohol is involved 8/10 ends up in some type of carnage or someones upset someone else especially at work social events where absolutely nobody can seem to handle their drink

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My personal limit is 2 drinks per day.

In reality, I only ever drink on a social occasion or having a beer after a long hard workout. It tastes much better in the latter scenario.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 34, 35 next month and been drinking since 19. Just in the past 3 years it has gotten worse. I shouldnt be drinking at all when i come to think of it but im drinking 10 beers everynight now

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just in the past 3 years it has gotten worse. I shouldnt be drinking at all when i come to think of it but im drinking 10 beers everynight now
are you suffering any health issues ? Is it something you want to stop? I am in a similar boat.. I am 42 and drink much more than I would like. I have two massive glasses of wine 4 nights a week. I still maintain my fitness and 6 pack but literally feel like I’m killing myself in the gym and with cardio to do that. I want to cut back before it gets worse or I lose my health.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you suffering any health issues ? Is it something you want to stop? I am in a similar boat.. I am 42 and drink much more than I would like. I have two massive glasses of wine 4 nights a week. I still maintain my fitness and 6 pack but literally feel like I’m killing myself in the gym and with cardio to do that. I want to cut back before it gets worse or I lose my health.
Just went to the doctor last week, all in good health besides my liver values are a bit elevated and i suffer from acid reflux pretty frequently. I agree i feel like im killing myself if in the end. Not to mention my family has very bad health issues and my dad had a heart attack at 37 and his brother who was a big drinker of vodka died at 31 from a massive heart attack from overdrinking. Funny enough my mom, my dad and brother all don't drink, out of us 4 im the only one who OVER DOES IT.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats not good health man. I’d check into AA. Elevated liver values are a sign of long term alcohol abuse.
Honestly i am thinking about AA, you're not wrong here. And these are my liver values:

ALT (SGPT)49 IU/L10 to 41 IU/L10 - 41 IU/LH
AST42 IU/L10 to 40 IU/L10 - 40 IU/LH

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly i am thinking about AA, you're not wrong here. And these are my liver values:

ALT (SGPT)49 IU/L10 to 41 IU/L10 - 41 IU/LH
AST42 IU/L10 to 40 IU/L10 - 40 IU/LH
Fortunately you can turn this around. The liver can fully heal if you abstain from alcohol.

I love wine myself. My fiancé buys me those faux wine juice cvcktails. They taste similarly to wine but are alcohol free. Works for me…

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fortunately you can turn this around. The liver can fully heal if you abstain from alcohol.

I love wine myself. My fiancé buys me those faux wine juice cvcktails. They taste similarly to wine but are alcohol free. Works for me…
Im reading about how to help my liver, I know milk thistle and NAC are good supplements as well, drink more water of course, good diet, start exercising again and of course, stop drinking so much ha. But yeah i did try non-alch beer before, while it tastes pretty much like beer i went for two weeks then went back and would seek beer behind my ex's back because she didnt like when i was drunk / would act different.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im reading about how to help my liver, I know milk thistle and NAC are good supplements as well, drink more water of course, good diet, start exercising again and of course, stop drinking so much ha. But yeah i did try non-alch beer before, while it tastes pretty much like beer i went for two weeks then went back and would seek beer behind my ex's back because she didnt like when i was drunk / would act different.
I have read that doctors in Europe can actually prescribe milk thistle. That's never happening in the US, if big pharma has any say in the matter.

Dandelion root is cheap and often combined with milk thistle. I take several antioxidant supplements, usually the lower priced ones like elderberry, grapefruit seed extract, garlic, etc. Alcohol causes cell damage and the theory is that antioxidants help repair that damage.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have read that doctors in Europe can actually prescribe milk thistle. That's never happening in the US, if big pharma has any say in the matter.

Dandelion root is cheap and often combined with milk thistle. I take several antioxidant supplements, usually the lower priced ones like elderberry, grapefruit seed extract, garlic, etc. Alcohol causes cell damage and the theory is that antioxidants help repair that damage.
As far as i remember in the US you can buy milk thistle over the counter, I used to all the time back in my teens:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The way to help your liver is to stop drinking.

If mock drinks don’t work the addiction is likely already there. Please check out AA. We are pulling for you man!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still drink. I was getting tired of night game around 24. Trying to get laid from visiting bars can get exhausting. I then transitioned to more non-bar approaching by the latter part of my 20s.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as i remember in the US you can buy milk thistle over the counter, I used to all the time back in my teens:

Yes, sorry, what I meant was that the use of herbs is not taught to medical professionals in the US. My own pa didn't know about milk thistle, to his credit he took a moment to Google it, then agreed it was not a bad idea for people who drink.