"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Asking a girl to prom

Master Homer

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Location
West Palm Beach, FL
What do you guys think are good lines?

Standard: Do you want to goto prom with me?
Somewhat DJish: I'd love for you to come to prom with me.
A little more DJish: I really want to goto prom this year. I have alot of girls in mind to ask, but I think your the best one. Would you goto prom with me?

etc. etc.

What you guys think are good lines?
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Location
hyphy bay area, ca
I used this one in all my attempts:

"____________, (her name here) would you give me the pleasure of escorting you to our prom?"

Worked pretty good!
 

Ace of Spades

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 12, 2003
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Location
Illinois
Around here, it seems to be a pretty big deal to make a spectacle out of asking somebody to prom, so here's what I did.

(This girl enjoys fishing)

I took clear jello, mixed it with blue jello, threw some swedish fish in there. When it hardened, i put a lego guy in a boat on top of the jello, with a fishing rod and a fish on the hook. On the sail was a sign saying "I'm fishing for a prom date, will you go with me". I was also dressed in a fisherman outfit, with a fishing rod in my hands.

I left it at my friend's doorstep (I didn't know she was coming) and when she came she picked it up, rang the door, and I opened. Bang, I had my date to prom.
 

Sniper1088

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by AC/DC
I used this one in all my attempts:

"____________, (her name here) would you give me the pleasure of escorting you to our prom?"

Worked pretty good!
That's pretty slick. I may modify it a bit when I decide on who to take to prom. I'll tell ya guys how it turns out.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Prom is such a big deal? When I read this it reminds me of people wondering how to ask a girl to be your girlfriend. Think up a smooth line and use it.

The fisherman thing was BRILLIANT.

Take example from it. It was creative. Be creative.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
396
Reaction score
0
Well I mean, it is not like a propasal for marriage, just ask the girl you wanna go with in a confident way and she will probly say yes. Consider your lucky though, Iam not going to mine, girl Iam messin with is trippin, and its late to ask anyone else(which is a week away), so I'll just chill with my bros at a party after the prom. The hand Iam delt so I gotta roll with it. But back on topic, make sure you ask early, but not to early.
 

Sniper1088

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Well I went with something simple. I looked her in the eyes, smiled, and then said, " (Name), I want to take you to prom." She smiled and said, "Yes!" :D
 

Sniper1088

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Forgot to mention that while I did this I kept eyecontact and had my hands on her waist. :)
 

jiveturkey

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Age
40
^
|
|
|
that is DJish.... the fisherman thing is not, that is NICE GUYish... good luck being her friend fisherman...
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
jive, ur gonna get flamed, it worked and thats what counts. Especially you cant go around sayin that is and thats not, dont pigeon hole things, let them be as they are. Say you prefer one to the other, but that the other one is not as useful.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

bogman2121

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 21, 2003
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Age
41
i just called up a girl i knew said hey whats up bla bla "wanna go to prom with me" that seemed to do the job really well.
 

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
if you brought her flowers, and asked her that like baout escorting you to prom, that would be awesome


i like the fisherman idea.


Jive, maybe he did just ask a friend. nothing wrong with that. Its like youre expecting your prom date to screw you on prom night and that everyone ends up getting with their dates and going out afterwards.
 

bogman2121

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 21, 2003
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Age
41
theres nothing wrong with asking a friend, i asked a friend who has a boyfriend and both of us had a blast
 

mikel

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
2
.

When is your prom? Its getting pretty late to ask her. If your going to ask her just say. "Hey, who are you going to prom with?" Then if she says no-one just ask her if she wants to go with you. One of my friends who is a really good artist drew this big picture of a dog on his arm and had a caption from it's mouth asking if she would go with him. Pretty cool idea.

I went to prom last night, it was a blast. There was a guy that was dressed up as a pirate.
 

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
South Orange, NJ
I made my date a fortune cookie. The fortune inside said:
"Confucius say: Happy woman is woman who goes to prom with Al Smith (my name). So, what do you say?"

She said yes, of course, and we had a blast at prom last night. And don't worry, I'm definitely not in the "friend zone."
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

punkrockpylot

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 16, 2002
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Glasgow, KY, USA
Originally posted by LikRetsam
Take example from it. It was creative. Be creative.
how about this...

i was having some problems finding a date (the girl im talking to currently, her parents said she couldnt go)...

my next attempt said yes, then backed out on me...rumors or something...

my last ditch effort (our prom is this coming saturday) i bought a white t-shirt and wrote on it "NEED A PROM DATE, CALL ***-****" my number was where the astericks are.

though i did not get any calls, the two head cheerleaders (one who is dating the star basketball/football player) gave me their numbers and suggested that i call them sometime if i wanted to get together.

i did get a prom date, but i also got numbers of many girls i had pursued before without any luck...

another way of showing that having some balls will definitely work for you...

the punkrock DJ
 

jiveturkey

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Jive, maybe he did just ask a friend. nothing wrong with that. Its like youre expecting your prom date to screw you on prom night and that everyone ends up getting with their dates and going out afterwards.

--------------------



going with a friend is not DJish at all..... and that fisherman thing was creative, but again was not DJish..... u want creative and DJish, do what i'm doing.....

this girl has been hinting to me she wants to go with me, asking if i have a date yet... etc... anyway, i'm taking her out miniputting this friday, and i made a bet with her, i win and she gives me a massage, she wins, and i'll take her to prom...... its a win-win situation, it makes it seem like i'm not desparate and in a way i am saying "fine, i'll go with u"... and even if i win, which i probly will, i'll still ask her and joke around that its because i feel bad that i kicked her ass at miniput
 

Sniper1088

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by triple_ultima
I made my date a fortune cookie. The fortune inside said:
"Confucius say: Happy woman is woman who goes to prom with Al Smith (my name). So, what do you say?"

She said yes, of course, and we had a blast at prom last night. And don't worry, I'm definitely not in the "friend zone."
Ok I gotta ask, did you make the cookie by hand or do they sell "make your own fortune cookie" sets? I've got a couple of jokes in mind if they do. :D
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
Originally posted by jiveturkey
going with a friend is not DJish at all..... and that fisherman thing was creative, but again was not DJish..... u want creative and DJish, do what i'm doing.....

this girl has been hinting to me she wants to go with me, asking if i have a date yet... etc... anyway, i'm taking her out miniputting this friday, and i made a bet with her, i win and she gives me a massage, she wins, and i'll take her to prom...... its a win-win situation, it makes it seem like i'm not desparate and in a way i am saying "fine, i'll go with u"... and even if i win, which i probly will, i'll still ask her and joke around that its because i feel bad that i kicked her ass at miniput
No such thing as DJish, maybe he wanted to go with a friend. Why cant the n00bs ever get this right, the only possible interpretation of a DJ is what you want to be. everyone believes different things and there is no right or wrong path to follow. Going with a friend is what he wanted to do.

Although it is a good sit that your doing, well done
 

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2002
Messages
4,626
Reaction score
28
Age
40
Location
Colorado
How late is too late to ask?? Mines in like 2 weeks.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top