Anyone have success messaging friends of friends on FB?

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Every now and then I'll stumble across a girl on FB that I've never met before but I have several mutual friends. I'm really tempted to throw her a message and saying what's up, I saw you on my friends page I thought you looked cute blah blah...but I'm not sure if I should do it.

It's not like messaging a random girl on POFSluts, on FB they have your real name and know who you're friends with. I guess the concern is that I come across as "that guy" who is a FB creeper messaging chicks. Then they might tell our mutual friends blah blah, you get the idea. Personally I don't do this but I'm curious as to whether other people are doing it and have had any repercussions (or success) from doing so.

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I've pulled a few on there but don't really go looking for it.

Sometimes if I get to chatting to a chick I'm friends with on there through mutual friends and I see some potential I shoot her a message with something along the lines of it was cool talking to you we should hang out sometime.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, what I do is usually just add them. Most of the time they accept the friend request. If they say something witty in a status I'll make a comment off that and take the conversation from there.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if i have met them, then yes i would add them. iw ould randomly add someone. thats just creepy.

ilikecharlene

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have in the past, but I would ask permission of my friend before hand, or when posting to them make a ****y quip on something of their profile.