Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

anyone else thinks its hard to build/gather status as male?

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you can read books, sarge, whatever. In the end...it always comes down to you have to put in the work.

It also takes time. Me personally, i think a lot of people have to many regrets. My biggest fear is having regrets on my death bed.

I LIVE, dont worry so much. Travel, enjoy the world.

Specific to your question. Yes, it takes a lot of hard work, commitment, motivation. You have to go the extra mile. Become obsessed.

It depends how much you want something and the effort you are willing to put in. If it was easy, everyone would be in the top league.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion a young man can hardly gain status by following the paths that are given to him.

Im not saying that he needs to be a criminal but he surely needs to innovate and walk the grey line.

We are ruled from late middle aged people that is unwilling to share anything valuable with us while still expecting maximum effort and obidience meanwhile they keep all the sweet spots occupied.

I believe all those millennials rioting on the streets are pissed off especially for that, they surely have their own guilt but the cards they have been given sucks....we all basically got lied with the "do as we say, follow the rules and you will be later rewarded".

Billtx49

Reaction score
In my opinion a young man can hardly gain status by following the paths that are given to him.

Im not saying that he needs to be a criminal but he surely needs to innovate and walk the grey line.
Yes exactly right… A man doesn’t become different from the rest by getting the education he’s been advised to get and settling to become a bean counter or some other routine job for his entire life. He excels.
Self employed self made men broke out of that mold that society advised them to follow.
That’s when they achieved true Status above others…
Just one example to prove a point.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe all those millennials rioting on the streets are pissed off especially for that, they surely have their own guilt but the cards they have been given sucks....we all basically got lied with the "do as we say, follow the rules and you will be later rewarded".
As an early Millennial, I can say that I've received a raw deal. Graduating into a recession in the late 2000s set me back. COVID-19 in 2020 has also impacted me.

Male surpluses and female hypergamy, aided by c0ckblocking technology doesn't help either.

A white collar, six figure paying job barely gets you any respect from women. They don't drop their panties automatically over in that instance.

Billtx49

Reaction score
As an early Millennial, I can say that I've received a raw deal. Graduating into a recession in the late 2000s set me back. COVID-19 in 2020 has also impacted me.

Male surpluses and female hypergamy, aided by c0ckblocking technology doesn't help either.

A white collar, six figure paying job barely gets you any respect from women. They don't drop their panties automatically over in that instance.
Try to discard that victim mentality to start achieving in life against the odds…
Success IS the proper mindset.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It can take decades to build status. Some men hit their prime when they're 50. Don't chase status, it should come naturally from years of trying to develop the best kind of life for yourself.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We often talk about the blue pill when it comes of dating but there is an overall blue pill that goes 360 degrees.

Thoose man of power enforce the message that by playing by the rules, obeying, never question authorities and act within the means given in the long run will pay off.

Kinda reminds me of the nice guys finish last things except that nowadays not even when it comes the time to retire you get sh1t.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Live your life the way you want and according to your standards that you'll be happy with. Fvck everyone else or what or how things "should" be. If you're not happy with your life, do something about it but get out of the negative zone. Don't expect that it will happen overnight but take incremental strides to achieve it. Have a strategy and a plan. Don't necessarily worry about having a goal though. Try to think of having achieved smaller goals by if you've improved at all from yesterday. It could be as simple as having done some situps, changed up your hair, bought a new shirt, or any other little things.
Learn to identify the things you have control over and don't stress out over the things you don't. For example, you have control over how you groom and take care of yourself and treat a female. That's all you can do. Whether a female likes you after that is all on her.
Above all, don't cop out or take the victim mentality like we often see with females.

As I've said in another post:
Males have to work harder than ever before to get good jobs, gals, homes, self worth/image, etc. Step it up guys if you haven't already.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Really, it's like you have to take a "second job" in something that puts you in front of women as something akin to an alpha - getting that promotion & pay raise just doesn't seem to cut it. Some folks have said become a bartender on the side, but while that does have some merit, it looks ridiculous to have a good white-collar job and bartend on the side. Now, getting in with some partners and opening up a bar - where you work the bar as a part-owner - is totally different, and gets you the same pickup effect without looking like you are only doing this to pickup chicks. Playing in a band - even a band playing bars for peanuts - would be similar, as it would be your love of music being an orthogonal interest to your respectable day job.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A social media presence is a big status symbol in this age.

If you have 10k+ followers on instagram you will automatically be seen as higher status by a lot of people, especially the younger crowd.

I know this is different to the usual "work hard in your field for many years" advice, but I think it's important to touch on.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We are ruled from late middle aged people that is unwilling to share anything valuable with us while still expecting maximum effort and obidience meanwhile they keep all the sweet spots occupied.
Speaking as a late middle aged person, I put forth maximum effort when I was younger. If young people do so now, they will have something to show for it when they get to be my age, and I'll likely be long gone. You either build something for yourself or you don't.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking as a late middle aged person, I put forth maximum effort when I was younger. If young people do so now, they will have something to show for it when they get to be my age, and I'll likely be long gone. You either build something for yourself or you don't.
You put maximum effort while leaving in an environment and economical setting that gave you opportunities.

Right now you have engineers working 8 hours daily for a salary with the same purchasing power of a construction worker in the 90s.

You dont feed a family, buy a house and a car with an average salary nowadays.

Not trying to belittle your work or efforts of course but any chance to plan your future is a privilege nowadays.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Really, it's like you have to take a "second job" in something that puts you in front of women as something akin to an alpha - getting that promotion & pay raise just doesn't seem to cut it. Some folks have said become a bartender on the side, but while that does have some merit, it looks ridiculous to have a good white-collar job and bartend on the side. Now, getting in with some partners and opening up a bar - where you work the bar as a part-owner - is totally different, and gets you the same pickup effect without looking like you are only doing this to pickup chicks. Playing in a band - even a band playing bars for peanuts - would be similar, as it would be your love of music being an orthogonal interest to your respectable day job.
We're told here to have a "side hustle" as an alternative way to make extra money. I fully support that idea. But, in my experience, it is often NOT a status-builder to women. They just assume you have two jobs because your primary one is crappy and doesn't pay enough lol.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Status = enslavement ->Doing stuff to make yourself look good in other's eyes whether it be girls or other people.
Fvck everyone else and do things for yourself. Who cares what anyone else thinks?
Side hustle should always be to do stuff for you and not to get more stuff or status to please others.

I live on a block with many million+ dollar homes. I have the cheapest house on my block because I don't care to have some extravagant house to please others and how they perceive me. I could care less. My passion isn't in having a nice house but in cars. Some neighbors freak out when I pull out of my driveway with a nice car they haven't seen me drive before. 2 neighbors walking their dog just stopped by the other day to talk to me about the new Tesla I bought.
I wear my Citizen and Seikos around when I feel like it. One day I wore my Panerai watch to a block party and the guy that lives in the 1.4mil house on my block couldn't believe I was wearing that. Point is I don't have others dictate what I do/feel/buy/wear/live. I do it for me and only me. FVCK everyone else and no need to enslave yourself to others perception or standards. My $,03

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you want the status that comes from your own personal sovereignty and sense of purpose?

Or do you mean pushing paper until you hit middle management? "I drive a Dodge Stratus!!"

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
If it was easy then every guy would be able to do it, then high status would lose all meaning

malz1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Status = enslavement ->Doing stuff to make yourself look good in other's eyes whether it be girls or other people.
Fvck everyone else and do things for yourself. Who cares what anyone else thinks?
Side hustle should always be to do stuff for you and not to get more stuff or status to please others.

I live on a block with many million+ dollar homes. I have the cheapest house on my block because I don't care to have some extravagant house to please others and how they perceive me. I could care less. My passion isn't in having a nice house but in cars. Some neighbors freak out when I pull out of my driveway with a nice car they haven't seen me drive before. 2 neighbors walking their dog just stopped by the other day to talk to me about the new Tesla I bought.
I wear my Citizen and Seikos around when I feel like it. One day I wore my Panerai watch to a block party and the guy that lives in the 1.4mil house on my block couldn't believe I was wearing that. Point is I don't have others dictate what I do/feel/buy/wear/live. I do it for me and only me. FVCK everyone else and no need to enslave yourself to others perception or standards. My $,03
Sure that's cool and all but w/o status/money you won't get laid. It's not a matter of personal principle or ought-to. It's a matter of what-is. It's like "who cares about money!" but money is needed for most assets, utilities, and food. Just my opinion though. Maybe you're charming.

Last edited: