Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone else spending valentines day alone?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to care about being alone was I was 16-24 years old - but after that, I really didn't give a fvck. The younger and more mentally weak you are the worse it is. Then, when I had GFs on Valentine's day - I was angry I had to spend money on them and make it special for a BS day I didn't care about, for a girl I didn't see a future with, I resented V-day.

I would send a big bouquet of flowers to my Gfs office, purely out of necessity, these days I cook dinner at my place and buy flowers. It's cheap, high effort/thoughtfulness and I get to eat a nice meal.

It's just another day, don't worry about it. The bottom line is your mentality needs to be stronger, stop worrying about what other people are doing, enjoy your freedom and like @Pedrito0906 said just keep working on yourself.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would send a big bouquet of flowers to my Gfs office, purely out of necessity,
On "Valentines day" you would be easily led to believe that anyone that was in a relationship had a perfect life

There is a "cost of living crisis" in the uk and a bad one at that people are struggling to pay their mortgages and energy bills, yet for today money will be no object and you will have people running around like headless chickens with their credit cards trying to make their day " extra special"

It has become quite common on social media for women to be showing off to one another " look what he got me" , " no he got me something better"

it's hilarious

Valentines day is one of the smartest leverages of human emotion in the world , i would go as far as saying it is more commercially exploitable than Christmas

OP don't get suckered by it

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On "Valentines day" you would be easily led to believe that anyone that was in a relationship had a perfect life

There is a "cost of living crisis" in the uk and a bad one at that people are struggling to pay their mortgages and energy bills, yet for today money will be no object and you will have people running around like headless chickens with their credit cards trying to make their day " extra special"

It has become quite common on social media for women to be showing off to one another " look what he got me" , " no he got me something better"

it's hilarious

Valentines day is one of the smartest leverages of human emotion in the world , i would go as far as saying it is more commercially exploitable than Christmas

OP don't get suckered by it
Yes and I would do things for ex-GFs to allow them to show off and feel validated on social media - growing more resentment inside of me. I'm done with all that now, TBF I never bought in to social media - I quit facebook after university, never had Instagram (although I'm thinking to create one with a couple pictures just to be connected - still unsure).

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saint valentines day is just another $tupid made-up day to get consumers to buy stupid stuff, just like mothers and fathers day. Don't fall for the optics where a lot of couple profess their love so everyone can see it and feel validated by that.

I used to think that way, until 2 years ago when I got unplugged, after that I started to get my life in order, money, physique, hobbies, social life, better friends
Stupidest holiday there is. Gyno- centric. Only day a guy has to pay a fee(roses, chocolates, etc) to get laid.
I agree that it is a silly holiday. It is part of the gynocentric social order that Rollo Tomassi mentions all the time.

All men pay for sex, not just on Valentine's Day. All men pay for sex, whether directly or indirectly.

Valentine's Day is a blatant example of men paying for sex with materialistic favors. Men never get anything materialistic for Valentine's Day. All we get is sex. Sex is what most men want out of Valentine's Day, even beta males.

I'll never forget the time I was walking out of the store with some roses I picked up for a girl I was going to see on Valentine's day. These older women saw me and said what a nice gentleman I was and she was going to be a lucky lady. Lol, I guess they never saw the box of condoms I had. I didn't give a schitt about those roses. All I cared about was getting laid.
The "lucky lady" didn't see herself as lucky. She saw what you did as an expectation or an entitlement and forgot about it within 1-2 weeks.

This is true.

Let's remember that Valentine's Day falls during the peak season of new divorce filings. All of Q1 (January - March) is when divorce filings peak, with a 2nd peak in August usually after a failed summer vacation.

In non-marital relationships, March is a common month for breakups. Women drop their cuffing season boyfriends in the 1-4 weeks after Valentine's Day. Other non-marital relationships fail after some drama on Valentine's Day.

Last edited:

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
V day is so lame omg it is a turn-off. I try really hard not to play into it and ignore as much as possible. If I had something lined up I would make sure it dont fall on the 14th. So cringe omg...

CyrusTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What is exactly different about Valentine's day?! Go do something fun on your own whether it's hitting the gym, buying yourself what you always wanted...

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in the UK they had a Valentines Day Promotion at Euro Car Parts with the slogan "Give your car some love". I got mine some new power steering fluid.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
@needimprovement250 If you dont have any single friends left, you should buy or cook a nice dinner for yourself and just do something you usually enjoy doing alone.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, again... <shrug> To me valentines day has other meaning since it's my mothers birthday.
Her and my sister have been to visit for the weekend along with my sisters kids, they headed
home today. Spent the last few days doing fun stuff with the nephew and niece. I had the kids
all day yesterday, we started by doing some proper 'grown up' go karting, then a cheeky Mcdonalds
and a visit to the bowling alley to play the amusements for a bit and after that back to my house
to make pancakes with them in the evening. Found it considerably more fulfilling than paying for
some ungrateful cows dinner and trying to convince her to open her legs... karting.jpg
Not that I'm competitive in the slightest but managed the second fastest lap in both sessions, 0.9 seconds slower than
first place in session 1 and 1.4 seconds slower in session two, so I genuinely had fun too. Couldn't go absolutely balls
out as there were some little kids out with us who have no concept of a racing line and were swerving about all over
the shop. I managed to get some decent headcam footage for the sisters kids of them driving as I wore one of my own
crash helmets with a camera mount. They definitely had to push themselves a bit, my sister over coddles them somewhat
and I don't entertain any whinging. They had to put their big girl and big boy pants on and push themselves a bit yesterday
and they still came last and second last of the group of 12 in session two. A useful lesson in humility taught as they were
both telling me all the way there how they were going to be taking names etc because they've been brought up in that
modern way where participating in anything makes you a winner. The lap timer and score card doesn't care about their
feelings, but they took their respective L's well which I was surprised to see. It was the first time I've had them all day long,
mum and sister went for an extended shopping trip without the kids which made a nice change for them.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I wish I had that mindset and if I was younger maybe I still would, its just that this Vday in particular is hard for me because its the last one of my 20’s and confirms that I was alone for every Vday in my life so far. Maybe next year will be different, but who knows.
Not unless you actively start working on your life to make that happen and not spending all your time complaining about it here.

What steps are you actively taking to ensure that it will not be like that next year?

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm spending it today alone, as far as I know. I'll fulfill any phone-in orders for tonight. But I did have two different V-day dates this weekend instead. I'd rather do the weekend thing than a weeknight.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why on earth would you care ? just another day,single or loved up. Makes no difference whatsoever

needimprovement250

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not unless you actively start working on your life to make that happen and not spending all your time complaining about it here.

What steps are you actively taking to ensure that it will not be like that next year?
That's just it, every year lately just seems like a copy of the year before it with just slightly different events transpiring. I might start working with this coach I found online who actually specializes in helping adult men with no dating/relationship experience get out there and turn it around.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I might start working with this coach I found online who actually specializes in helping adult men with no dating/relationship experience get out there and turn it around.
Do or do not. There´s no "might".

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's just it, every year lately just seems like a copy of the year before it with just slightly different events transpiring. I might start working with this coach I found online who actually specializes in helping adult men with no dating/relationship experience get out there and turn it around.
How can you afford a coach if you have zero dollars. Also you will likely waste your money. Sorry, but you are a bit late for the party. This is post game territory now. These things just sell false hope as the coach is likely a chad/chadlite if he is successful himself. I was heavily into these things in 2005.

Unless you are willing to put boots to the ground and do the cold approaches at a daygame or head to bars for nightgame then it wont work. At least they are going to end up there. If your life situation is terrible then the outcome is still the same. This makes it a waste of money and time.