Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any pet owners in here?

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a big ass dog, had a parakeet I caught outside as a teenager (escaped pet) just passed. There's a spider in my studio i've named Keith... he's pretty sick

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A German Shepherd Dog, which came from being dumped at a county pound, there are lots of purebreds in shelters. And two outdoor cats that were each thrown out the window of a moving car as kittens, in separate instances. People throw away some good stuff.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can barely take care of myself and would probably kill a houseplant.
Same here. I'm convinced that taking care of a pet requires an amount of effort that's almost no less than that of taking care of a human child.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can barely take care of myself and would probably kill a houseplant.
I've had my current pit bull for 8 years. Just got into house plants. After 4.5 months, 4 of the 10 plants are dead. The dog is still happy and well.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a big ass dong, does that count?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had my current pit bull for 8 years. Just got into house plants. After 4.5 months, 4 of the 10 plants are dead. The dog is still happy and well.
I can't help but think those plants don't respond too well to vicious barking.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm convinced that taking care of a pet requires an amount of effort that's almost no less than that of taking care of a human child.
This is a reason why I do not own a pet. I do not wish to make the effort that is involved in pet ownership.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't help but think those plants don't respond too well to vicious barking.
The dog is not vicious.... But maybe the plants don't respond well to playful barking? One thing seems apparent...Taking care of a dog is easier than plants.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A German Shepherd Dog, which came from being dumped at a county pound, there are lots of purebreds in shelters. And two outdoor cats that were each thrown out the window of a moving car as kittens, in separate instances. People throw away some good stuff.
Somehow that made me sad. Over the years, cats have just grown on me.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had an awesome dog named Grace. She was excellent. Half Doberman and half Weimeraner.
My ex wife kept her. My only remaining regret about the split. I sent Grace a couple of steaks
for Christmas. I know she'll have no idea how they came to be in her bowl but it at least makes
me feel a little better about the whole thing.
doggo.jpg

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
..........lots of purebreds in shelters. And two outdoor cats that were each thrown out the window of a moving car as kittens, in separate instances. People throw away some good stuff.
It's horrendous the way some people treat animals.

I've had Stig since 9 weeks old... But Mia...
I got her at around a year old... The previous owner (female) had bought her as a cute 'accessory' puppy....
As Mia grew up, she became an inconvenience to her lifestyle - The dog was left in a crate all night when she went out.... returned home at 9 or 10 the next day and was baffled why the dog was covered in her own mess, and the neighbours were complaining about the barking.
Then when she had her first season, Mia prolapsed, basically her womb was hanging out (not uncommon in blue-grey staffordshires) - The owner delayed going to the vet for so long that it strangulated and went necrotic - Mia almost died - RSPCA were involved.
I got Mia when she'd healed from the op (a full hysterectomy)
If you look at the photo above... there's a spot of scar tissue on her lower lip - apparently from trying to bite her way out of the crate one night.
The first few weeks I had her, she was very nervous - she would run off and hide if I stood up unexpectedly, and she would 'slink' around the walls/furniture as if she was afraid. Looked to me like she'd probably also been beaten previously.

Some people...... :mad:

Stig soon brought her out of her shell though... these days she struts about like she owns the place.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's horrendous the way some people treat animals.

I've had Stig since 9 weeks old... But Mia...
I got her at around a year old... The previous owner (female) had bought her as a cute 'accessory' puppy....
As Mia grew up, she became an inconvenience to her lifestyle - The dog was left in a crate all night when she went out.... returned home at 9 or 10 the next day and was baffled why the dog was covered in her own mess, and the neighbours were complaining about the barking.
Then when she had her first season, Mia prolapsed, basically her womb was hanging out (not uncommon in blue-grey staffordshires) - The owner delayed going to the vet for so long that it strangulated and went necrotic - Mia almost died - RSPCA were involved.
I got Mia when she'd healed from the op (a full hysterectomy)
If you look at the photo above... there's a spot of scar tissue on her lower lip - apparently from trying to bite her way out of the crate one night.
The first few weeks I had her, she was very nervous - she would run off and hide if I stood up unexpectedly, and she would 'slink' around the walls/furniture as if she was afraid. Looked to me like she'd probably also been beaten previously.

Some people...... :mad:

Stig soon brought her out of her shell though... these days she struts about like she owns the place.
Mia looks very happy and well adjusted now.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cat here.

Plants are harder to take care of than animals since animals complain when they need something. I have a ton of them, but it's def a learning curve to keep them alive or remember that they exist.