anti-flake technique for online chick?

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yesterday i saw this one girl from a dating site that i always thought was cute and messaged her. we exchanged some messages about movies and amusement parks, then i ask her if she would like to go out for coffee sometime? she emails me back 'SURE! IS WED OR THURS BETTER FOR YOU?' - i email her that wed is better for me, and to call me (then i leave her my number). she tells me that she will call me tomorrow (it's today now). she hasn't called yet - and i see she has logged on and off already today. is there anything i can do at this point to avoid the flake/blow off?

Macgyver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not necessarily you're screwed.

Email her quick and say something came up that you can't make it. Get her number and then try to build rapport before even asking her on a date.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well, she still flaked. no call.
unless she meant 'i'll call you later' as in, not tonight. i hate this type of behavior.

micams

Don Juan
Reaction score
To poolhead

Hi poohead.
I call u later in woman language = "I'm OK that u call me".
Why won't u call her? It's a test she wants to see if u have the balls to do it as she senses that u are a little on the shy side, even if she proposes to call u(in that case, it's highly likely that she will NOT call u), better to reassure her in ur masculinity by saying "No thanks, I will call u".
This exact situation happened a long time ago for me, I managed it as I'm advising u right now and I had one of the better LTR of all my life ;-)

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i never got her number - i just gave her mine.

i sent her this message, i'm not sure if this is a dj thing to say but here's the message i sent her:

you didn't call last night. it's really annoying when people don't do what they say they will. don't bother calling anymore.
should i have sent that? i'm tired of not calling girls on their annoying flakey behavior. they fcking lie about everything.

StrongBad

Don Juan
Reaction score
HTML:
you didn't call last night. it's really annoying when people don't do what they say they will. don't bother calling anymore.
You let her know that she got to you and upset you.

Unless your objective was to truly have her not be interested in you anymore, this was a bad move.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
not putting up with second class behavior anymore. more men should do the same and then we wouldn't have to deal with all the crap women dish out all the time in dating.

i thought part of being a dj was to be able to walk away at any time, and respect yourself first and not put up with bad behavior from anyone. i don't really care if she calls. she had her chance.

StrongBad

Don Juan
Reaction score
poohead said:
i thought part of being a dj was to be able to walk away at any time, and respect yourself first and not put up with bad behavior from anyone. i don't really care if she calls. she had her chance.
It is. If you don't care about her anymore then just do that...walk away. No need to make a fuss or even tell her that you're done with her, because that shows she upset you enough to cause you to get some sort of revenge, however small it may be.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it's weird how women lie all the time about little things like this - i'll call, or they flake out on a date - these are lies. and yet if you lie when you're in a relationship with them, about anything - the last girl i was with would not let it die that i lied about seeing 'walk the line' - they will never let you forget it. the double standard is just ridiculous.

StrongBad

Don Juan
Reaction score
poohead said:
it's weird how women lie all the time about little things like this - i'll call, or they flake out on a date - these are lies. and yet if you lie when you're in a relationship with them, about anything - the last girl i was with would not let it die that i lied about seeing 'walk the line' - they will never let you forget it. the double standard is just ridiculous.
To be fair, "I'll call you" could indeed be woman-speak for "I'm not going to call you". That's why it was mentioned upthread by someone that you should be the one getting the number and calling her. The vast majority of women expect this and want this out of the man. They want you to initiate. By putting the ball in her court you might have caused her interest to dwindle.

No worries, though. Just keep it in mind for next time. It sounds like this girl wasn't that big of a deal to begin with.

logicallefty

Reaction score
poohead said:
i never got her number - i just gave her mine.

i sent her this message, i'm not sure if this is a dj thing to say but here's the message i sent her:

should i have sent that? i'm tired of not calling girls on their annoying flakey behavior. they fcking lie about everything.
Little harsh on the words there poohead, but I agree with your goal there 100%. You were trying to tell her you ain't gonna take her ****, and like you said in your other post, more men need to do this..

I have been in this situation before, and what I did was say "Hey! I didn't hear from you last night.. You were prolly tied up and that worked out well because I was too. My good friend Sarah (make up some chicks name) is going through a divorce right now, having a hard time, and needed to talk to me. I'll talk to you later then! :)" (hmm, see, now shes wondering if Sarah is going to be a threat to her, rut row)..

After this, dont call her.. Let her wonder whats up with you, and if she is even remotely interested in you at all, you will hear from her soon! ;-)

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my inner game needs a lot of work. i'm quick to give people a piece of my mind, then i regret it later. i have to work on being cool and developing my observing ego

logicallefty

Reaction score
Well you are a good man for being able to see your weaknesses and admit them.. Kudos for that..

I say this in all honesty, and I am not affiliated in any way; the best advise i can give you or anyone about improving their game is simply to go to sosuave.com and READ READ READ. The more you read there, the better your game will get. I speak from experience and speak with results. ;-)