Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Altruism

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that this has been posted before

I'm an Ecology major and one thing I've recently learned about is Altruistic behavior among animals.
Altruistism - a concern of the well being for others without reward.
Altruistic Behavior in animals is represented best by an equation
Br-C>0
B = benefit to the actor (person performing action)
r = relatedness of the actor to recipient of the action
C = cost of the action

When I go out I see a lot of guys just worrying about themselves. This is fine if you're all alone. Or even if the other guys you're out with will not be altruistic.
Every so often I'll see two or more guys setting each other up for some form of success. This is what more men should do. If you don't know someone then its completely understandable you'd not try and help them get laid (or other benefit).
Its like Superbad. The two cops guided McLovin's ****.
This goes along with wingman stuff. "Attack" groups together, or if a buddy brings a girl over then chat her up too. But don't **** block. I notice too many people **** blocking their fellow comrades, and it just isn't good.

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And of course I forget to post the hinge point...
as Br-C>0, then altruistic behavior increases and spreads.
I have a personal belief that all people should "pay it forward".

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brought up by Dawkins in "The Selfish Gene," "Tit for Tat" is a mathematical explanation as to why "altruism" might have evolved.

Dawkins also discusses various theoretical societies that contain hawks, doves, and mixtures of both, as well as oscillate between both endpoints to a point of equilibrium. Pretty interesting stuff.

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason this forum exists shows we are pretty altruistic guys. A forum where only questions are asked and no answers would be given wouldn't exist very long.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course, both egoism and altruism have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I would, for example, say that my visiting this forum is very egoistic.
And if I do happen to give some useful advice - I do this for myself, too, presenting what I have come up with.