Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Age, man......

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Look into self massaging. A foam roller and a lacrosse ball is all you need. Also strengthen your core.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A bosu ball and shadow boxing is all I need, but I want to implement sprints 100m 200m when I can - just had vein surgery so, almost healed to go 100%. Of course, burpees will kick your as5. Weights help build the testosterone, but you really can just do body weight workouts if ya want.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Have any of you older guys found the fountain of youth???
Not really. I gave up years ago and entered into a LTR with a far from perfect but really lovable girl.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know you’re looking for a quick fix, so here are some things that will help:

1) Fish oil/Cod liver oil

Serving size/Dosage: At least 2000 mg omega 3 fatty acids per day; 3000 mg optimal. Take half your dosage in the morning, half at night.​
Why: Lubricant for your joints (amongst other things.​
Miscellaneous: Make sure you’re getting the 2000 - 3000 mg in actual omega 3s, not just fish oil. What a lot of supp companies try and do is tell you how you’re getting 2000 mg of fish oil in one single capsule; what they don’t tell you is that only 300 mg of that 2000 mg is actually omega 3s. That’s why I take it by the spoonful myself—taking 2 spoonfuls is much better than taking 8 capsules. It’s also a lot more cost efficient. Only downside is that it tastes nastier.​
2) Glucosamine + Chondroitin.

Serving Size/Dosage: At least 1000 mg of each. Take 3 servings a day. 1.5 servings in the morning, 1.5 servings at night. (Should be 2 tablets per serving, so 3 in the morning, 3 at night).​
Why: Lubricant for your joints, good for collagen.​
Miscellaneous: Be sure not to get the ones that say ‘MSM’, it's just an extra thing that doesn’t do anything. You WILL see results with this thing in 2 - 4 weeks if you take it daily like I said.​
3) Vitamin K2

Serving Size/Dosage: As much as you want, there's no overdose limit on this thing even though it's fat soluble. I was literally taking over 760 times the recommended value for a few months and nothing happened to me.​
Why: Corrects osteoporosis, gives energy since it is a quinone, prevents hardened arteries, reduces already hardened arteries (slightly), can make you grow taller (only if you have unfinished growth), will re-develop your bone structure back into what it was when you were ~30 years old.​
Miscellaneous: Avoid light from touching it because it breaks down the molecules (so put it in your mouth fast when you take it. If you take 15 g of vitamin K2, eat with at least 30 g of fat (preferably animal fat; the fat in milk is good); if you are taking 25 g of vitamin K2, then you'll need ~50 g animal fat. This is because K2 is fat soluble, and will not be absorbed into your body without being dissolved in fat. Don't take with vitamin C or E at the same time; it will negate its effects.​
These 2 websites are legitimate, but I think the first one is better just because it has a better price:​
If you actually follow through with this one and start feeling bone aches, PM me. There are several possible reasons for that and are easily fixable.​
4) Joint precursors to collagen:
Proline​
Glycine​
Arginine​
Lysine​
Miscellaneous: Proline and glycine are most important for collagen, arginine will also stimulate HGH release which gives you energy though; vitamin C helps in the process.​

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Outside of that, just the regular stretching, foam rolling, and hanging from a pullup bar to stretch your back out are all that I can think of. There are 2 stretches that work well for me when I messed up my back, and there may be a third that works well too, but outside of that, this is everything I know.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter you can still have more gas in tank than you will need. These guys r over 75

Last edited:

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Have any of you older guys found the fountain of youth???
Depends on what you mean by older. But yes. It’s a difficult mental game at first but the end is to hard a physical goal.

I don’t mean “be cut” or “be in great shape”. Those are not goals. Those are the result of having a goal or goals. At 40 I was riding saddle broncs. So my mindset At the time was to still be competitive in the saddle.

Let’s say your goal is to climb Mount Everest. First you have to find out what it takes to do that. Then work backwards.

Running sprints right out of the box will injure you. In some cases quite severely. This is something that one trains to do. This is a very form driven endeavor. Just like bad form will hurt you lifting weights, the same is doubly true for high effort exercises.

1) Diet. You will need to get rid of the inflammation and joint issues. This is diet. You MUST learn to control your insulin.

2). Decide on a goal and then find out what it will take to get there.

3). It’s the long haul. All the knowledge you have to acquire is as important as the challenge. Believe it or not, you will not fully understand this until you are arriving.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 38 years old and for the first time in my life, really the past 3-4 years or so, I'm starting to experience age.
I started noticing some things when I was 36 - some GERD, and weight didn't just fall off of me automatically as it previously did. All I can say is wait until you're my age, 59 lol. I have a lot of joint problems that challenge me. They say swimming is the best exercise, by the way. Low impact and works the entire body.

You think your 60 year old self will perform at the same level as your 30 year old self with identical fitness regiments?
Not only that, but every body is different. I have joint problems, but a lot of people are dead at my age, and some have debilitating diseases. Some people smoke all their life and live to 100, while others exercise every day, eat right, and drop dead at 45.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started noticing some things when I was 36 - some GERD, and weight didn't just fall off of me automatically as it previously did. All I can say is wait until you're my age, 59 lol. I have a lot of joint problems that challenge me. They say swimming is the best exercise, by the way. Low impact and works the entire body.

Not only that, but every body is different. I have joint problems, but a lot of people are dead at my age, and some have debilitating diseases. Some people smoke all their life and live to 100, while others exercise every day, eat right, and drop dead at 45.
For sure. Have you ever tried cycling? If so have you found it tougher on the joints than swimming?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For sure. Have you ever tried cycling? If so have you found it tougher on the joints than swimming?
I don't swim, although I recognize its value as an exercise. I don't think cycling is hard on the joints, but I've never thought it was that satisfying because it's not really a total body exercise. I'll do it to burn calories though or for some cardio.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You develop your tricks. I've got a heavy bag which I ve taped foam rubber around. Doesn't have that nice satisfying crisp snap but a lot kinda on the joints

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't swim, although I recognize its value as an exercise. I don't think cycling is hard on the joints, but I've never thought it was that satisfying because it's not really a total body exercise. I'll do it to burn calories though or for some cardio.
I'm a hockey player. When I 'retire' from hockey (likely in my mid 40s) I want to try masters cycling. I've always been an awful swimmer though

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is simply not true. You think your 60 year old self will perform at the same level as your 30 year old self with identical fitness regiments?
In this day and age, its not difficult for a 60 year old to be in better shape than the average 30 year old. Look at the obesity crisis. Ok you wont be in better shape than when you were younger if you have always been in peak shape but thats not the point. You can either tell yourself that its over and not bother, or you can tell yourself that age is just a number, and do something about your health and fitness and increase your sense of self, well being and longevity. I guess thats my point.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
switch to using cables and bands and focus on smooth controlled movements. also assisted bodyweight exercises as well as static holds and balance work is important. throw in some cardio and you should be golden. I am 35 this year and I have been lifting and working out since age 17. There were times i was not motivated or quit altogether but I always came back and for the last 10 years ive steady been lifting nonstop. never had any severe injuries besides a sprained ankle and some tendonitis type stuff but I can say I still look 25 and feel 25. Recovery from any surgery is a feat in and of itself so I commend you but the game isnt over yet.

people in our society expect death and decay SO EARLY its pathetic. remember that there are people that have lived to like 130 years old, 120, 110, etc. That goes to show our bodies and minds can actually live for a very very long time in comparison to what people expect typically. Retiring at 65 and dieing at like 78 or some ****. I plan on still lifting and being fit til the day I die and meet the gates of heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ if my scum life and sins arent too far over the limit of forgiveness :(. i digress...my point is you arent too far gone just need to adjust your training. also pulling a bicep doing a pullup tells me you were too weak to do those at that point. i can bust out 100 pullups in about 10 minutes I couldnt imagine pulling a muscle. once youve done so many its like walking.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
switch to using cables and bands and focus on smooth controlled movements
I used bands when I was trying to rehab some rotator cuff issues. They're no substitute for weights but they aren't as jarring to the tendons. Might be something useful for the OP to consider.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@speed dawg

Yeah so since I’ve posted that one supplement thing, I just have to emphasize the collagen precursors. Eat cartilage (say on the edge of chicken bones and whatnot). That will heal you like a mother****er. It’ll also get rid of your wrinkles, if you have any. There’s some other benefits too, but it’s too long to type out (prevents Alzheimer’s, treats cancer in terminal patients, etc. )

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Biking is great, but its damned cold here so I use a recumbent exercise bike. Its easy on your back as well. The bonus is that you can do it while watching a ball game and use the remote at the same time (I guess that you could use dumbells at the same time for a double bonus). I highly recommend it for cardio and weight control. That and intermittent fasting keeps me trim.