"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Age-gap rejection or am I overthinking it?

redcouch

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
12
Age
28
Location
USA
This girl came into my business this past weekend. We really hit it off and the chemistry was great, and when I talked to the customer after her, she quietly wrote down her phone number and left.

I texted her later that night, and she was very excited and said to let her know if I ever wanted to hang out. I said we should grab a drink when I have some free time later next week, and she said she was very down.

At that point she asked how old I was. I told her I am turning 28 in a couple weeks, and she replied "Damn I’m only 23 Might have to skip drinks, you seem really sweet though!"

Not quite sure how to read into this. Does this seem like a polite, apologetic rejection? Or is it her way of putting out a feeler to see how I view this age disparity? I mean it's 5 years, we're both in our 20s. I'm too busy with my company and don't really care to get invested in a woman right now, so it's not a huge deal to me if this doesn't go anywhere. But she seemed pretty cool.

Typically, I've dated either women my age or older, really just by circumstance or due to the age range setting I've put on dating apps when I've used them in the past. The couple times in the past year when I've went out with a 22 or 23 year old, I've found it to be a bit boring and the women to be too immature for me. I really liked the vibe of this chick though, and although the gap does give me some pause, I'd still like to see what's up.

How do you view this, and what would you say?

Thank you.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

RoadKing_Rabbit

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2024
Messages
388
Reaction score
351
Location
Northwest
She seemed into you until she got her answer. The only way to know is keep being playful. Depends on what you're after.

Personally, I'd say something along the lines of "Oh really? Like an old fogie can't have fun or a couple drinks?" Or you could go off of the sweet thing too. You could also say "Ah. I can do sweet. When you get to know me though, I'm also funny, smart, and oh so many other things."

Being playful here and treating it like it's an OBJECTION vs a rejection. Unless she say's 'Not interested' or starts to ghost you, there's always a chance at something. But don't respond to her if she seems too "cold" or it never progresses beyond her making quips like the above.

I also know next to nothing about how you hit it off. What ya'll were wearing, how flirty you actually were when you got the number, and you also waited an entire week to set something up? I get scheduling something out ahead, but if she's reasonably hot (heck even a 6/10 you'd be surprised what solicitation they get), she's going to get asked out OFTEN. And if she thinks they'll be better prospects, do the math.

She said "might have to" and that you seem sweet. Does almost sound like a rejection or that she's keeping you as a 'backup plan.' Depending on how she responds to anything else you decide to say, you might make up your mind. You could always just say "eff it, there's a million others just like her I could get an answer other than 'might have to skip.'"
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,946
At that point she asked how old I was. I told her I am turning 28 in a couple weeks, and she replied "Damn I’m only 23 Might have to skip drinks, you seem really sweet though!"
Well, that seem REALLY stupid to me. Why would a 23 year old turn down a 28 year old because of age. Women on average like men four years older than them, you're only one year over that. 28 definitely should not be too old for a 23 year old. Maybe she just wants to instill some doubt into you after brazenly giving you her number - not wanting to appear overeager?
 

redcouch

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
12
Age
28
Location
USA
Well, that seem REALLY stupid to me. Why would a 23 year old turn down a 28 year old because of age. Women on average like men four years older than them, you're only one year over that. 28 definitely should not be too old for a 23 year old. Maybe she just wants to instill some doubt into you after brazenly giving you her number - not wanting to appear overeager?
Yeah... it does seem pretty dumb now that I think about it. Especially considering this all came from a natural, flirty, fun irl interaction in which we both showed interest. Like barring some insane or illegal age gap, I can't see how it really matters at all lol. To each their own though.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2022
Messages
932
Reaction score
964
Age
51
She's being flakey. I wouldn't get too excited about this one. But if I had a shot I would bang her brains outs.
girl is playing games... if the OP was younger, she would have used another excuse... like she likes older men, etc...

play it cool. Its not you loosing out if it doesn't happen, its her... look for other women. girls who play games are not wife material..
 

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 21, 2022
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
2,128
Age
42
Location
Europe
She probably has mental problems ... first she hits on you and gives you her phone number as if you were some kind of celebrity then she rejects you on the most BS excuse she could think of.

Any visible signs she's mental, like tats, nose rings?
 

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2020
Messages
981
Reaction score
1,715
Age
48
"Damn I’m only 23 Might have to skip drinks, you seem really sweet though!"


It could be a ****test. Affirm and exaggerate her stupidity, like:


" You are right, i could literally be your father."

And leave it at that. Show that you dont care. Either she comes around or not. Dont chase her.
 

plumber

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2022
Messages
997
Reaction score
834
its actually funny. something i would expect on a comedy show. there is really no direction you can go with that. you can ignore or respond with something silly. "oh.. darn, actually I was 23 before". regardless, her response is not the response of someone that was high interest. do not go on defense...
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,946
She probably has mental problems ... first she hits on you and gives you her phone number as if you were some kind of celebrity then she rejects you on the most BS excuse she could think of.
Yeah, it's weird. Was she ovulating on the first meeting? Then abruptly stopped?
 

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
1,576
Age
32
that’s crazy but if u were really good looking they wouldn’t care. even if they’re brain says this is really fvcked up that im about to bang someone way older than me (4 years is crazy tho).
 

quodlibet

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2026
Messages
76
Reaction score
149
Age
46
Have you ever heard of a neg? It was popularized by PUAs. That's what she probably did. Just busting your chops.

The truth is, the average age difference between married couples is 4 years. So 5 years is meaningless.

Besides, when did we start taking women so literally around here?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

redcouch

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
12
Age
28
Location
USA
Thanks for the feedback here. Replied with a playful remark about me being old, and said all good if it's a no go. A bit of a bummer and a mind-bender lol, but it's all good.
 

BPH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
3,885
Reaction score
2,945
Location
Wilmington, DE
"No problem. Let me know if you change your mind"
@redcouch this is the right answer.

As ridiculous as it is, the age gap is definitely a big deal for some women. I'm 32 and used to go to a college bar where I would clean up pretty well UNLESS they asked how old I was. No matter how well the conversation was going prior to that, I would watch "warm leads" go completely cold, more often than not.

Sometimes they would think it's hot that I look as good as I do, because most of the time they'd guess I was somewhere between 23 and 25. But the overwhelming majority disliked it and thought it was creepy. I no longer go to that bar because it's not worth the hassle anymore.

So, dealing with your girl, @Doctor Europeo, I think has the perfect response. You leave the door open if she decides to stop being ridiculous, but you also don't care whether or not she does.
 

Clockwerk50

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2023
Messages
2,263
Reaction score
2,261
Age
41
Unfortunately, I think she rejected you. Whether the age difference was the real reason or just an excuse, the result is the same: she backed away after learning your age. Saying, “you seem really sweet,” is a polite way to soften the rejection, but I wouldn’t read much more into it than that. She has probably been in the dating game long enough to have rejected plenty of guys, so she likely knows how to do it tactfully.

You’ve already received plenty of good advice on how to handle it. If you happen to see her again, just act normal like nothing happened. Don’t bring it up or try to change her mind. If she changes it, it has to be on her own.

A fox only catches about 1 out of every 20 rabbits it chases.
 

Cheeky_James

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Messages
571
Reaction score
267
Age
42
Possible answer -
Redirect to *feelings *

“whattt ..are you kidding me :p
Aw man :( that’s a bummer. I was looking forward to hanging out with you , you have a great vibe about you.”
“We have such good vibes ..”

Redirect her to the “vibe” /feelings/chemistry/ type sh1t I reckon.
 

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
498
Reaction score
387
Location
Europe
This girl came into my business this past weekend. We really hit it off and the chemistry was great, and when I talked to the customer after her, she quietly wrote down her phone number and left.

I texted her later that night, and she was very excited and said to let her know if I ever wanted to hang out. I said we should grab a drink when I have some free time later next week, and she said she was very down.

At that point she asked how old I was. I told her I am turning 28 in a couple weeks, and she replied "Damn I’m only 23 Might have to skip drinks, you seem really sweet though!"

Not quite sure how to read into this. Does this seem like a polite, apologetic rejection? Or is it her way of putting out a feeler to see how I view this age disparity? I mean it's 5 years, we're both in our 20s. I'm too busy with my company and don't really care to get invested in a woman right now, so it's not a huge deal to me if this doesn't go anywhere. But she seemed pretty cool.

Typically, I've dated either women my age or older, really just by circumstance or due to the age range setting I've put on dating apps when I've used them in the past. The couple times in the past year when I've went out with a 22 or 23 year old, I've found it to be a bit boring and the women to be too immature for me. I really liked the vibe of this chick though, and although the gap does give me some pause, I'd still like to see what's up.

How do you view this, and what would you say?

Thank you.
Age gap is one of those things that matter for some girls and completely don't matter for the next girl. I've had MANY interactions where a girl rejects me based on age-gap and then 10 minutes later i daygame a chick who does not give a sh1t about it. I just ignore the age gap thing, its just noise
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top