"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Advice on my first break up (dump)

Anpha

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
33
Reaction score
11
Age
31
Hello everyone,
I am a long time lurker and old poster. The last time I posted here I was chasing a girl, and when I managed to get her, I fell out of the DJ life. I thought that having a woman completed me, how wrong i was...

I stopped improving myself, heck I stopped improving. I've been gaining weight, spending money, not reading anymore and struggling to balance work, university and a relationship.

These days, I have been thinking of calling it off. Just ending my relationship. Based on these factors:
- Time allocation, I have no time to tend for a relationship while working 40 hrs, and with full time university.
- I have been reluctant to see her these days, I'd rather do things with my friends rather than see her, due to the fact we live 1 hours away, and I'm the only one who can drive.
- We have been together 6 months, and i've seem to lost my attraction for her (is this normal, the honeymoon phase is over?)
- She has met my parents (they insisted), built a relationship with my younger sister, and my parents quite like her (she's from a wealthy family)

I admit I'm a beta and have never broken up with a girl before, but I feel like it's really selfish for me to end this based on superficial reasons which I can change (possibly?) I am afraid my parents will shun me, but on the other hand I don't want to continue this relationship just because of other peoples reasoning and expectations. I just want to live my life for my own, you know? Has anyone been in the same predicament? Will the first one always be the hardest to dump? I know it's quite shallow to end a relationship based on physical attraction, but I feel like the chemistry is gone.

I am 22, have been in 3 relationships, and this relationship has lasted 6 months. She is 22 and this is her first.

Appreciate any advice.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
1,546
You wanna end a relationship because you've lost attraction physically to her? Dude, I do not know many other important details, but I tend to think a virgin girl who has been with you for 6 months and has gotten to know a part of your family...is basically not a bad storyline. Maybe the usual advice they would give you here is "next and spin plates", but I would say think about it. Maybe you are just making the "problems" seem a little bigger than they actually are?
 

El Suave

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
228
Reaction score
32
Location
US
Focus on your studies and go out with your friends a little. See how you feel about her afterwards and then make a decision.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

TheProspect

Moderator
Joined
Feb 5, 2016
Messages
886
Reaction score
1,826
So I should dump her without any explanation and do no contact?
Do what works and what works best for you. Sometimes what's best is what's hardest.

Your life comes first to you, bottom line. If you're always considering other people's feelings, opinions, and expectations, then you're never going to be truly content with your decisions.

That doesn't mean you should go out of your way to intentionally hurt someone it just means you're not going to please everyone, and nor should you.
 

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
Find some extremely fun hobbies to make you forget about her.

Two birds with one stone...

It'll also, at the same time, make you more interesting to other women.

Have fun!!!
 
Top