Lonsome man
New Member
There's a girl i really like but I don't know if she likes me in the same way I do. So how can I find out if she does, but I think she knows I like her like that.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
please tell me you are jokingOriginally posted by LikRetsam
Omg! You too?! I can relate man, I have this same exact problem.
Ok so we haven't been friends in awhile but I haven't ever stopped thinking about her. I mean, I try to do everything she wants and make her happy but I'm still not sure if she likes me. I think I'm gonna go tell her how I feel about her so she can tell me how she feels about me. I can't stop touching myself in class when I am reminded of her (even numbers look like her nice ass). Every time we talk I have this wierd feeling in my chest like I'm blocked and can't breathe or something. She's intoxicating. Wow, what a girl! We've only gone on dates in my head so far but soon we'll have a real one and I'll listen to all her guy problems and show that I am a sensitive caring guy.
Do you feel the same?!!?
Did you really have to ask?Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
please tell me you are joking
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
lolOriginally posted by LikRetsam
Omg! You too?! I can relate man, I have this same exact problem.
Ok so we haven't been friends in awhile but I haven't ever stopped thinking about her. I mean, I try to do everything she wants and make her happy but I'm still not sure if she likes me. I think I'm gonna go tell her how I feel about her so she can tell me how she feels about me. I can't stop touching myself in class when I am reminded of her (even numbers look like her nice ass). Every time we talk I have this wierd feeling in my chest like I'm blocked and can't breathe or something. She's intoxicating. Wow, what a girl! We've only gone on dates in my head so far but soon we'll have a real one and I'll listen to all her guy problems and show that I am a sensitive caring guy.
Do you feel the same?!!?
Ask her out as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the greater her chance of losing interest.Originally posted by Lonsome man
There's a girl i really like but I don't know if she likes me in the same way I do. So how can I find out if she does, but I think she knows I like her like that.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
Whoa buddy, you're going in circles here.Originally posted by Lonsome man
There's a girl i really like but I don't know if she likes me in the same way I do. So how can I find out if she does, but I think she knows I like her like that.
you beat me to itOriginally posted by Interpol
Did you really have to ask?